Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

Disable mines/tripwires

Is it possible to disable mines and tripwires? I'm on Elite Warriors scouting mission In the single player campaign and there a several mines and tripwires I come across. Is there a way my person can disable them?

Do you have a tool kit in your player's inventory? I think you need a tool kit, and then you need to approach them slowly by crawling up to them and using the action menu to deactivate the mine. I'll be honest I don't remember if you're required to be an engineer class soldier or not to do it as well; maybe someone else knows for sure.

You need to be an engineer as well as have a toolkit-then crawl up.if you have an ai engineer in your squad (which i think you do in the campaign), select him and point at the mine, then order him to disarm. A well aimed round from a high calibre rifle will also do it.

Thanks guys. I couldn't remember if you could disarm them to save my life.  Already knew I could shoot the mines. Had no luck shooting the tripwire mines though. Tried getting close and using the step over command. No good came of it.

Neither Kerry nor the rest of your guerrilla team mates (if choose to bring them with you in the offroad) are engineers so you can't disarm any of the mines even if you have toolkits. Just shoot the mines but make sure you this from 200-300m away; the explosion radius is pretty large so give them a wide berth.

For the tripwire mines remember to shoot the grenade, not the wire or the sticks. You'll need roughly 10-14 rounds to blow one up assuming you don't miss with a 5.56mm weapon, 8-9 for 6.5mm, 5-6 for 7.62mm, and 1-2 rounds for a 12.7mm. Both the GM6 that you can salvage from the CSAT sniper in Kore and the disabled offroad with an M2 in town can be used for this purpose.

Either way not all of the entrances to the buildings are booby trapped anyway so you can completely bypass them if you want. The CSAT specops in the town don't have that much good gear to salvage.

Either way not all of the entrances to the buildings are booby trapped anyway so you can completely bypass them if you want. The CSAT specops in the town don't have that much good gear to salvage.

Did a different scouting mission and then went back to this one in daylight (0600 hrs) and found it's not to hard to see the tripwire mines. At night they're a pain, you really have to pay extra attention.