maverickzer0

Creating a pause between tasks?

A simple question with a probably simple answer. I'm using the Task Module system in the Eden editor and i was wondering how i would go about creating a pause or gap between the first objective completing and the second objective going active, at the moment as soon as the trigger is fired, the second task is created before the first one appears as complete. In the editor i have the trigger synced to a 'Set Task State' module which sets the first task as succeeded, the same trigger is also synced to a 'Create Task' module which is assigned at the same time. 

Probably not the most efficient way of going about it, so how would i set it up so Task 1 is complete, a couple of seconds pause, then task two appearing? 

IDK  if it's the most efficient way to do so, but I can tell you the way I'm doing it:

instead of synk the "new" task module to the trigger that complete the "old" task module, I use a new trigger with this in CONDITION:

triggerActivated name_of_the_trigger;

where "name_of_the_trigger is the name of the trigger that fire when you succeeded the "old" task. Put a 3 or 4 sec delay in the new trigger and  you are done. As I said, I'm sure there's more efficient way to do that..but hey....that's the way I come up with :D

• Like 1

Zagor's way is a very simple way to do it within the editor. Alternatively, if you don't want to assign a variable name to your triggers for whatever reason, you can also have the first trigger create a variable that is set to true, and then have a second trigger check for that variable and then delay the next task from assigning. An example:

The trigger that completes the first task has a line in the On Act field that states

task1done = true;
and in the second trigger, which is set to delay via the min/max fields, the condition would be simply

task1done;
It's essentially accomplishing the same thing Zagor described, just in a slightly different way because not everyone likes to assign names to their triggers.
  • Like 1

Zagor's way is a very simple way to do it within the editor. Alternatively, if you don't want to assign a variable name to your triggers for whatever reason, you can also have the first trigger create a variable that is set to true, and then have a second trigger check for that variable and then delay the next task from assigning. An example:

The trigger that completes the first task has a line in the On Act field that states

task1done = true;
and in the second trigger, which is set to delay via the min/max fields, the condition would be simply

task1done;
It's essentially accomplishing the same thing Zagor described, just in a slightly different way because not everyone likes to assign names to their triggers.

Damn, I learned something new!!! Thank you Mynock.

task1done = true;

task1done;

IDK  if it's the most efficient way to do so, but I can tell you the way I'm doing it:

instead of synk the "new" task module to the trigger that complete the "old" task module, I use a new trigger with this in CONDITION:

where "name_of_the_trigger is the name of the trigger that fire when you succeeded the "old" task. Put a 3 or 4 sec delay in the new trigger and  you are done. As I said, I'm sure there's more efficient way to do that..but hey....that's the way I come up with :D

Thanks. I used the second way and it works perfectly as intended.  :D

• Like 1

Thanks. I used the second way and it works perfectly as intended.  :D

Forgot to tell you that that I use the "triggerActivated" command not just for task, but for instance to make one trigger active only after another trigger as been fired..... ;)

You are not alone with that method. Works best for me.

• Like 1

I'm still learning the trigger modules. Could anyone make a sample mission on Tanoa with about 5-6 task with this occurring using the

Thanks in advanced.

On 22/08/2016 at 10:15 PM, zagor64bz said:

Forgot to tell you that that I use the "triggerActivated" command not just for task, but for instance to make one trigger active only after another trigger as been fired..... ;)

YOU MADE ME HAPPY!

4 hours ago, avengerarts said:

@zagor64bz DUDE! I LOVE YOU!!! :don15:

4 hours ago, avengerarts said:

YOU MADE ME HAPPY!

Glad to be of any help  bud!!!

• Like 1