Sign in to follow this  
zexxmoore

Foliage changes shades when moving?

When I look/move around everything turns a darker shade and I'm wondering why that is.  

Probably part of the HDR lighting (when you move into a darker area i.e. under the shaded tree-canopy everything around you darkens and gradually gets lighter to simulate the eyes natural adaptation to changing lighting and the opposite happens when you exit from under the shaded tree canopy). Could also be a side-effect of motion-blur/radial blur that is around the edges of the screen to try and simulate how the eye actually works...

Could also be some LoD flickering : I'm having a bit of that on Altis (current stable branch).

Probably part of the HDR lighting (when you move into a darker area i.e. under the shaded tree-canopy everything around you darkens and gradually gets lighter to simulate the eyes natural adaptation to changing lighting and the opposite happens when you exit from under the shaded tree canopy). Could also be a side-effect of motion-blur/radial blur that is around the edges of the screen to try and simulate how the eye actually works...

HDR would make this happen when panning the camera in the middle of an open field?  It's bad enough for me that I just don't play it anymore as it's highly annoying to me.  

HDR would make this happen when panning the camera in the middle of an open field?  It's bad enough for me that I just don't play it anymore as it's highly annoying to me.  

No, but as your original post was a single and rather vague sentence, you'll have to forgive me for not fully understanding the issue you described (in 16 words without any screenshots or videos to better illustrate the issue). :)

• Like 1

When I look/move around everything turns a darker shade and I'm wondering why that is.  

Post a video or some pics so we can see better what you are referring to.

Post a video or some pics so we can see better what you are referring to.

Unfortunately this is a waste of time for you guys as I cannot do either of the requested.  The only thing I can give is a description of what happens, and that is everything changes shades when moving/panning around.  Green grass and trees get noticeably darker when moving the camera.  They go from normal brighter shade when not moving, darker shade when moving and back to normal when not moving again.  I was thinking it was something that would be an obvious fix to a common problem, but that apparently isn't the case. 

This isn't isolated to Arma 3 as I notice it in other games as well.  The only difference is that it's much more significant in Arma 3.  

So this thread can be deleted/closed.  

In the past I've noticed that Rotational Blur don't work well with some other post-process options. The result it dark shadows around the silhouette of grass when the view rotates, that aren't there when the view is static. To resolve, disable rotational blur.

In the past I've noticed that Rotational Blur don't work well with some other post-process options. The result it dark shadows around the silhouette of grass when the view rotates, that aren't there when the view is static. To resolve, disable rotational blur.

Tried turning off motion blur?

So it wasn't a complete waste of your time as turning off Rotational Blur fixed the problem.  I would have never thought of that.  

Thanks very much Jackal and Ceeeb. 

• Like 1