TomMack

[SP / APEX] Something More - An Arma 3 Campaign based on the official Story

Can you upload the campaign format on the workshop?

Can you upload the campaign format on the workshop?

I could... I've always struggled with packaging it to what the arma publisher likes? I would have to create a pbo like firstfolder\campaign\SMDEV\(mission folder and description here) ?

The publisher creates the pbo and uploads it to the workshop. Your files only have to be in the correct folder structure.

I can send you a template if you want.

simply use the template campaign from the samples branch. It has everything the way you need it to be- just change the description.ext file and done.

I can send you a template if you want.

That would brilliant if you could...

simply use the template campaign from the samples branch. It has everything the way you need it to be- just change the description.ext file and done.

I attempted to do so, but whenever it came to inserting the file into the publisher and putting on the workshop, the launcher always returned "corrupted". I've multiple tests in different file structures but to no avail.

I just need to know what folder im putting into the publisher and how the structure should be. Any help is appreciated.

First mission, task says I'll have to get into the car, but it seems locked. Can't find a way to get into it. Also for convenience, maybe you should put the task marker on the car. I know there aren't many else around that could confuse the player, but I think it would be more in line with the vanilla stuff.

So I downloaded the dev build and found exactly the same issue. I now get what you meant by no task marker... it was totally non existent on the dev build for some reason, but was implemented from the start. I recommend sticking to the stable build when testing these missions, unfortunately. 

I added you on steam. Would be easier to chat and to give yout the thing ^^

Was pretty good the demo, really liked how you used the secret cave on Stratis. Although in that mission there was a lot of swimming... and without scuba gear or survival fatigues, so it took a while even on 4x speed.

But all in all good start to a campaign.

Was pretty good the demo, really liked how you used the secret cave on Stratis. Although in that mission there was a lot of swimming... and without scuba gear or survival fatigues, so it took a while even on 4x speed. But all in all good start to a campaign.

I'm reviewing this mission. Changes are incoming.

The campaign is now available to download via the Steam Workshop. Mission updates will only occur on the individual mission workshop pages. Larger game breaking bug fixes will get pushed to the slow track "full campaign update".

Download here...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750543820

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 9:06 AM, jstibbsy said:

are you still working on this???

I think I hit "mid-development hell". This project is dead. I stop playing Arma all together. I recently returned due to the Jets DLC, and have begun working on a new campaign project with my sight sets at something much more in line with a mission I would want to play.

If I release, it will be a mission a time.

While I have been editing in Arma 3 since the Alpha, I was still a real novice. I have recently taken time to deconstruct the BIS missions and learnt new techniques, such as the powerful FSM editor.

As with everything, especially in Arma editing, you come across "revolutionary" lines of codes or scripts that just change the way you visualize missions. I think the first mind-blowing moment for any new editor is realising that you can script outside of the Arma editor by just using Notepad, then its learning of UnitPlay and animations and user-made scripts to implement into your mission. After that, for me, it was reducing the amount of scripts and taking advantage of conditions, especially the WaitUntil condition and the amount of parameters you can add. I think the latest revolution for is the FSM editor, it eliminates nearly all need for SQF and HPP scripts and puts everything in one convenient place with a visual guide. I am working on a mission very similar to the Jet showcase at the moment but its not finished. I do have a full story in my mind but its a long way a way.

I like creating story missions, rather than combat. Combat is a daunting feet for me, it feels like its too fluid and out of my hand, everything could just break because an AI goes haywire. This is something I need to overcome.

• Like 1

On 23.5.2017 at 2:17 PM, TomMack said:

I like creating story missions, rather than combat. Combat is a daunting feet for me, it feels like its too fluid and out of my hand, everything could just break because an AI goes haywire. This is something I need to overcome.

Very sad you stopped, Tom, as the features list of your campaign was very promising. But as I interpret your last post, it gave you more editing experience which on the other hand lets me look forward to your next projects.

And your vision for missions (focus on story) is something I can only support! :icon14: Even though I agree that combat and AI are very fluid I have to say that this is what makes the Arma series so special. :don11: 

Keep it up!

• Like 1