So I just did a little research... the MQ-25 is supposed to be changed from the stealth UAV to a multirole UAS, specializing in refueling other aircraft and doing secondary roles as a strike / recon aircraft, and reducibg the stealth requirements. Are you gonna reflect these changes?

The refueling bit would be sweet, because then we wouldn't need to stick an AI tanker up in the sky, and could launch it from really small runways.

so the MQ-25 im currenty making is what im going to call the MQ-25a stingray im then going to probably make a "MQ-25r" (name not yet decided) which will have a refueling capability but its yet to be confirmed  ;)

• Like 1

Cool!
What's crazy is that the design for this aircraft isn't even finalized, so you have a lot of artistic freedom heheh

Cool!

What's crazy is that the design for this aircraft isn't even finalized, so you have a lot of artistic freedom heheh

yeah thats what i like at the moment because right now i can for say just put some artistic style into like say a x-47 model or some uav model so to say and then state the current state of the IRL mq-25 stateing that there is no actual design yet 

Yeah, exactly - whatever you say goes :D

Hey, I got a thought - maybe you could do Firewill's AWS integration - it would probably save a lot of time, as he's got  like a million weapons already modeled, has amazing GPS / laser  targeting functions, and good ECM scripts and stuff.
If you haven't messed around with it, you should - it's the best weapon package for aircraft in Arma, hands down.

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly - whatever you say goes :D

Hey, I got a thought - maybe you could do Firewill's AWS integration - it would probably save a lot of time, as he's got  like a million weapons already modeled, has amazing GPS / laser  targeting functions, and good ECM scripts and stuff.

If you haven't messed around with it, you should - it's the best weapon package for aircraft in Arma, hands down.

Yeah if I am given permission to use firewills aws i would like to but id also like to have a version of it that uses John spartans to please everyone with their preferences, that is if i can get permission

• Like 1

Okay so I don't have any pictures for you all today however I do have a bit of a road map

MQ-25a Stingray

- create flight model

- add a rearming menu

- add ordnance's

- SP testing

- MP testing

- 0.1 release

- add refueling probe

- add a variety of skins

- 0.2 release

MQ-25r Eagle Ray

- modify the model of the MQ-25a to have a refueling drogue concealed in the middle bottom of the drone and remove weapons bay

- texture

- cfg into game

- create flight model

- implement the refueling capabilities

- SP testing

- MP testing

- 0.1 release

- add a refueling probe

- add a variety of skins

- 0.2 release

at the current time we don't have any idea when each bit is going to be completed but thats the plans as of right now 

• Like 3

Production Paused;

today i am announcing that we are pausing the production of this addon for a bit as we are busy with school as well as we are learning how to cfg / looking for people to help out with the project. This is not a statement of the project being cancelled I am merely informing everyone that we have not abandoned this project we are merely busy with life outside of arma.

thanks for your support,

AvengedCanadian

• Like 2

Production of Addon resumed

Hello im just posting here to let everyone know that the production of this addon has continued and that we are looking for people that may be able to help us out with this mod and that might want to help with this mods creation for it is a rather big project for a first project. if you are interested in helping please contact me Via PM 

Sincerely,  AvengedCanadain

• Like 8

So when will this be released or how close is it to being done cause I will beta test it for you guys you can email me at hillsball1801@gmail.com

On 15/3/2017 at 6:09 AM, Cuatro said:

So when will this be released or how close is it to being done cause I will beta test it for you guys you can email me at hillsball1801@gmail.com

Oh please don't ask for any kind of update or release date is it's against the forum rules. Thank you and welcome to the forums :)

Hey can I help test the mq 25 and you know that there is a fly-off between Boeing general atomics Northrop Grumman and Lockheed martin in September 2017 and there will probably be another competition for an attack recon version so will y'all make more than one of these drones and stuff?

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:29 AM, avengedcanadian said:

I am announcing today that me and Matchbox/M.Nelson are going to be making an MQ-25 for ArmA 3. the drone will hopefully feature a full rearming menu,Lesh tow compatibility, an Eden menu fold wings option, USAF refuel compatibility, a fully functional weapon bay, and lastly to be able to land on the Nimitz and take off of the Nimitz. 

As of right now we are just starting to project and don't have any photos to share with the community.

if there is any reasonable suggestions or pointers for this up coming mod please don't be afraid to post them

P.S. this is also our first mod so this might take awhile so bear with us  ;) and since this is our first project we will be getting some help from some of the better known content creators in the community 

Edit: X-47B was renamed to MQ-25 Stingray

Matchbox and I will be making.....

Any way that after this yall will take on a more futuristic drone build or no more UAV's also would you consider making another carrier based UAV? I am hyped for this and can help test it in game for you all if need be. Just private message me.

You can try Jets DLC while waiting, if you can spare the money. It has a similar UAV with much of the same functionality.

Shouldn't this one be better or make this look different from theirs like the Drakon. Idk or the phantom ray this is far sleeker and sexier than the arma one tho.

Do yall plan on adding to this mod with other types and looks of planes later on in the future. Do you plan on releasing this on steam or armaholic?

once we manage to get this off of our belt (meaning done) it will be released on its own as the "MQ-25a Stingray" but when the "EagleRay" is done which im not even sure if im still gonna do it the mod will be updated to include it and will be renamed to the MQ-25 pack or something its still in the future quite a bit aways as we are just new to modding and have no sweet clue what we are doing we are just learning as we go!

Progress on the wreck model is coming along nicely 

IPRQigx.jpg

credit of the wreck model goes to Maarten

Edited by avengedcanadian
Changed link into actual photo on forums to look more professional
  • Like 3

On 12/5/2017 at 12:20 PM, avengedcanadian said:

once we manage to get this off of our belt (meaning done) it will be released on its own as the "MQ-25a Stingray" but when the "EagleRay" is done which im not even sure if im still gonna do it the mod will be updated to include it and will be renamed to the MQ-25 pack or something its still in the future quite a bit aways as we are just new to modding and have no sweet clue what we are doing we are just learning as we go!

Y'all should stick with it I am happy to help and learn with y'all.