I am announcing today that me and Matchbox/M.Nelson are going to be making an MQ-25 for ArmA 3. the drone will hopefully feature a full rearming menu,Lesh tow compatibility, an Eden menu fold wings option, USAF refuel compatibility, a fully functional weapon bay, and lastly to be able to land on the Nimitz and take off of the Nimitz. 

As of right now we are just starting to project and don't have any photos to share with the community.

if there is any reasonable suggestions or pointers for this up coming mod please don't be afraid to post them

P.S. this is also our first mod so this might take awhile so bear with us  ;) and since this is our first project we will be getting some help from some of the better known content creators in the community 

Edit: X-47B was renamed to MQ-25 Stingray

• Like 7

I am announcing today that me and Matchbox are going to be making an X-47B for ArmA 3, the drone will hopefully feature a full rearming menu, a Eden menu fold wings option, USAF refuel compatibility, a fully functional weapon bay, and lastly to be able to land on the Nimitz and take off of the Nimitz.

As of right now we are just starting to project and don't have any photos to share with the community.

if there is any reasonable suggestions or pointers for this up coming mod please don't be afraid to post them

P.S. this is also our first mod so this might take awhile so bear with us  ;)

Amazing! Cant wait, have wanetd a X-47B for a long time ;) Good Luck guys !

• Like 1

Amazing! Cant wait, have wanetd a X-47B for a long time ;) Good Luck guys !

Thanks! were gonna need all the luck we can get haha

Hello everyone!

My name is Matchbox/Nelson you can call me either and I just wanted to introduce myself as the other dev on this project! We cannot wait to get this out to you guys and we thank you for your patience and support in advance!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, would love to have an X-47B in game  :)

Awsome! I'll keep watching this topic.

Good luck!

Since it's a stealth UAV, the loadout menu could be similar to that used for the Apex Drakon UAV (a similar stealth UAV mod).  It has a "clean" loadout mode for maximum stealth (there are no pylons on the wings, only the internal bay is customizable) as well as a regular mode where lots of ordnance can be hung from the wing hardpoints.

Since it's a stealth UAV, the loadout menu could be similar to that used for the Apex Drakon UAV (a similar stealth UAV mod).  It has a "clean" loadout mode for maximum stealth (there are no pylons on the wings, only the internal bay is customizable) as well as a regular mode where lots of ordnance can be hung from the wing hardpoints.

yeah i should have clarified better when i said full i meant to be able to have all the ordnance that it would actually use, as far as spots it would just have i think just the two slots for one bomb in each internal bay

Hello, I am going to be helping on this project on the modelling side. Should be fun.

Just a little look at the model we will be using on this project 

g3lJUo5.png

84zR7Oh.png

3S5kfyX.png

P7tqiNZ.png

e6jfM15.png

3b7NEzd.png

All credit for the model in its current  state goes to its author 

Edited by avengedcanadian
Link to album changed to individual photos as it was no longer embedded and i could not figure out how to get it to embed
  • Like 7

Working on some of the textures right now and changing the name from X-47B to MQ-25. Should have some more pics soon! :D

Pretty. I wish we had more drone mods available. ArmA3 has finally introduced a good, intuitive system for using them, but hardly anyone is making UAV mods.

• Like 1

Cute little drone.

Good to see the UAVs getting some love.

• Like 1

Pretty. I wish we had more drone mods available. ArmA3 has finally introduced a good, intuitive system for using them, but hardly anyone is making UAV mods.

Cute little drone.

Good to see the UAVs getting some love.

Thanks guys, and it is unfortunate that there are not as many drone mods as there could be in arma 

Thanks guys, and it is unfortunate that there are not as many drone mods as there could be in arma 

We are doing our part to fix that :D

I'm really looking forward to the Stingray. :) I also hope that we'll someday see a Russian equivalent as well, such as Tu-300 (and its earlier variants, Tu-143 and Tu-243). It's a little known fact, mostly thanks to Russians themselves and their secrecy, but USSR was actually ahead of the US in terms of recon drones, deploying large, supersonic, medium range drones as early as 1964. The US was, at that time, stuck with a glorified target drone in the same role.

I'm really looking forward to the Stingray. :) I also hope that we'll someday see a Russian equivalent as well, such as Tu-300 (and its earlier variants, Tu-143 and Tu-243). It's a little known fact, mostly thanks to Russians themselves and their secrecy, but USSR was actually ahead of the US in terms of recon drones, deploying large, supersonic, medium range drones as early as 1964. The US was, at that time, stuck with a glorified target drone in the same role.

Source? I'm quite interested to hear of Soviet quality drones better than the US. 

The specific example I was talking about was the Tu-123 Yastreb:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-123

They didn't really have anything like D-21, but then, D-21 didn't really pan out, either. For comparison, the workhorse US UAV of the time was this little thing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Model_147

In general, the Soviets built their drones like a lot like nuclear cruise missiles (indeed, they derived their UAV program from the nuclear cruise missile program after that one got axed in favor of ICBMs), while the US attitude to the idea was, for a long time, lukewarm at best. Besides the D-21 (which flew a total of 5 times in service) when the US did use UAVs, they adapted target drones for the job. The Lighting Bug program was axed after Vietnam and the US didn't really go back to the concept of drone aircraft until the 80s. 

Additionally, Soviets were doing battlefield UAVs before it was cool. :) Yakovlev Pchela (which we know from ArmA2) predates MQ-1 by 4 years and it's not even a new idea, having had a predecessor in form of the obscure Shmel-1 UAV. It's much simpler and less advanced, of course, but also cheaper and can be launched from anywhere, using a vehicle-mounted rail. 

Of course, all that was then. The US got back into drones big time in the 90s, while USSR, well, collapsed. Of course, before it did, they had what was probably the most badass UAV of all time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

That's a bit off topic, though, as though it was technically a military craft, its utility in ArmA would be limited, to say the least. :)

So I just did a little research... the MQ-25 is supposed to be changed from the stealth UAV to a multirole UAS, specializing in refueling other aircraft and doing secondary roles as a strike / recon aircraft, and reducibg the stealth requirements. Are you gonna reflect these changes?

The refueling bit would be sweet, because then we wouldn't need to stick an AI tanker up in the sky, and could launch it from really small runways.

• Like 1