Crielaard

Lowlands Warrior: NL South "Brabant"

Things are getting serious now! We are in the Obect-placement stage of our Netherlands terrain!

5 people are currently working to populate a (roughly) 40x40km area.

Terrain information

Size: 40,96 x 40,96 km

Terrain cell size: 5m

Satelite res: 1m/pixel

Terrain mask: 1m/pixel

The area we choose just contains several key places for a Milsim community to play on. As well as a WWII group would be able to recreate some WWII events. Some important area's are:

​- East Roosendaal with Engelbrecht van Nassau Barracks (SF Headquarters)

- Rucphenseheide (Militairy training area)

- Breda International Airport "Seppe"

- Gilze-Rijen Airbase

- Breda

- Royal Military Academy

- Efteling (theme park)

- Maas-Waal Lowflying area

- Fort Altena

- Slot Loevenstein (Castle)

- Biesbosch

- Maritime school (SF)

- Moerdijk

- Dordrecht

mapsmall.jpg

For the moment key locations like the Military training area and the two airfields, plus some small villages have the highest prio. So most of the map is not populated. The first release will therefore also just have some area's populated with objects.

The main roads between those area's (highways most likely) are the first to have objects closely around them.

I expect (hope) to be able to release an early Alpha version in 3 to 4 weeks.

Inhouse gaming-units from Lowlands Warrior will be the only ones to get the latest version for the time being. Want to be part of them? Contact me

• Like 13

As a fellow Dutch guy, this means an instant follow, and i will watch this with close eyes, Keep it up!

Wow-looks like a great map! The highways are good to see-there are not many of them in Arma yet.

Also-anyone from the UK/Ireland is instantly humming the "Eastenders" theme after seeing that picture ;)

• Like 1

Some extra features have been added to the list.

One I forgot to mention was the Efteling Themepark. We are allready obtaining models.

Ofcourse we are not going into detailed replication of the park but some of the notable buildings and objects will be there.

The entrance, Theater, Fatamorgana, Fairy tale forest, a rollercoaster, 't Ravelijn and the hotel...

• Like 4

Amazing to hear that you guys are making this terrain! I look forward to seeing it created, though you mention the ww2 period as well, are there any plans on making the terrain for ww2 and modern day, for example, removing the modern day objects?
I've often thought how useful Chernarus would be for the Csa38 mod because it was based in the Sudetenland of the old Czechoslovakia and think that this would be an amazing ww2 terrain too. But I really cant wait to see your progress, good luck guys :)

It will be modern. But some areas dont need any change to be WWII usable.

For example Fort altena will not be setup the way it is now (as a restaurant). it will be unfurnished. The bunkers and stuff arround it would make great WWII scenarios.

Amazing to hear that you guys are making this terrain! I look forward to seeing it created, though you mention the ww2 period as well, are there any plans on making the terrain for ww2 and modern day, for example, removing the modern day objects?

I've often thought how useful Chernarus would be for the Csa38 mod because it was based in the Sudetenland of the old Czechoslovakia and think that this would be an amazing ww2 terrain too. But I really cant wait to see your progress, good luck guys :)

One of our Devs is planning on making an "Arnhem" terrain specifically for WWII use. Operation Market Garden rings a bell?

• Like 1

One of our Devs is planning on making an "Arnhem" terrain specifically for WWII use. Operation Market Garden rings a bell?

Amazing mate, absolutely amazing! I love Operation Market Garden, that Operation is where my hero of ww2 came from. Major Robert Cain.

I love the fact that you are making arnhem, if you need any help with creating the terrain, be it asset making or anything else, I'll be willing to help :)

Good luck with your work either way guys! :)

Some Work-in-Progress

Thanks to van der Stelt for building the Hendrik Ido Ambacht area so far!
I'm still working on the KCT training area 'Rucphenseheide'.

HIA_armavsreal.jpg

RUC_armavsreal.jpg

Especially in the Hendrik-ido-Ambacht area there is a lot to be done on the terrain elevation. Coming soon!

• Like 14

Might be worth talking to the creator of the "Diyala" terrain -he did a lot of good work with waterways/canals etc. Probably very important for any Netherlands terrain :)

• Like 3

Hey Crielaard & team members,  what's the current status of the project and is there a build to share publicly or privately? 

Thanks and keep it up! 

Currently the whole Rucphense Heide area is done with parts of the outskirts of Roosendaal. The district closely arround the SF Base (Engelbrecht van Nassau kazerne) is done.

The inside of Gilze-Rijen Airbase is done.

SF Maritime school is done. ('de vaarschool')

All highways are in place plus the Merwede brug.

We are now working on the whole Land van Altena including the Bieschbosch.

It will be released when its done. Early releases will be shared with members only.

To become a 103SF member you need sign up, agree to the terms of membership and successfully complete the training.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IJsbrand said:

Hey Crielaard & team members,  what's the current status of the project and is there a build to share publicly or privately? 

Thanks and keep it up! 

Read the forum rules...

Asking for updates is not allowed..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

You can ask me for updates any time.

You immediatly made me love you lol :D

17 hours ago, Crielaard said:

You can ask me for updates any time.

I can appreciate you want to involve the community, but we have forum rules for a reason.

Headsup everyone!

Lowlands Warrior will, from now on, inform the community in detail about mod progress on their own forum.

This way anyone interested in the mod can stay in touch easily and see all our projects together in one forum

You can ask us anything there whenever you want, as often as you want.

http://lowlandswarrior.nl/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=55

No we are not leaving here.

However we feel the rules of this forum is forcing guests to shut their mouth on things they came here for in the firstplace...which is info on new mods and its status.

There for, guests should use our forum to ask questions. And ask as often you want on what the progress is.

Only now and then progress will be posted here.

• Like 2

Lock this thread.

we are releasing this imminently in Alpha stage