Sign in to follow this  
fonzieboss

How to texture?

Hey, so I am working on my own custom buildings atm, I got everything done BUT texturing.

How do I texture my custom building?

I used Sketchup to make the model. Is it possible to texture through that, or do you have to do it through Multimaterial?

I use sketchup for models and it is possible, but trust me, the result will be buggy as hell. Either use Object Builder or some third party program like 3ds Max, Maya, Blender etc.

I use sketchup for models and it is possible, but trust me, the result will be buggy as hell. Either use Object Builder or some third party program like 3ds Max, Maya, Blender etc.

Alright! Thanks for the answer. Exactly how buggy will the result be and how can I do it? Or is it maybe possbile you could help me with texturing through Object Builder or Blender. Been stuck on texturing models for a while, got another model that has geometry and shit but no working textures.

There is a terminology clash here, and a very big difference between actually making the textures and applying the textures to a model (either via UV unwrapping or whatever which would of course need to be done before making the texture)...

• Like 2