dead kennedy

Beketov map, central Russia, 20x20 km

Amazing, absolutely amazing, love it when brilliant maps are just released without a build up, it looks amazing too. I cant wait to play it, brilliant job!

Can someone confirm that the rain has no sound?

• Like 1

Finally really good russian map with big and flat open spaces for tanks battle and other huge tactical manuvers,combined with huge town and forests. Exellent work.

Ðу и поздравлÑÑŽ Ñ Ñ€ÐµÐ»Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð¼ многоÑтрадальной карты. Там кроме поÑыла тушинÑким ворам там у Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ð¿Ñ€Ð¸Ð²ÐµÑ‚Ð¸ÐºÐ° окончательно загнившему вечнозеленому нигде не припрÑтано?)))

Beautiful map. Awesome work. Getting a moon in the map would seem to be a top priority. As soon as my rig is back from the shop, I plan a number of CDF scenarios on it.

The way the towns are laid out appear to be much as they are in the Donbass, similar to Logvinovo in northern Donetsk, just north of Debaltsevo.  The general lay of the terrains looks a lot like Prokhorovka region, in the Kursk oblast.

Seriously, one helluva fine bit of work you and your team has done so far.  I plan for many hours of gaming on this one map.

I thank you.

Not sure this map will be suitable for Novorossian setting. There is several differences between south Russian and central Russian vegetation. Southern nature is rich of poplars, thuja and other warm-loving threes https://www.gismeteo.ru/static/news/img/src/14374/2bca101a.jpgThe central Russian nature is more filled with birches, spruces, pines. Especially - birches :-) The same is for agricultures. I've never seen the sunflowers fields in central regions of Russia, but for the southern regions - Krasnodar, Novorossia, Ukraine, Rostov-on-Don - this is very common and typical thing: http://cs616030.vk.me/v616030235/1be68/WvS0A2tE5DI.jpg http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/2С3-акациÑ-артиллериÑ-фотографиÑ-1425400.jpeg http://media.nu.nl/m/m1mxq6rauhfj_wd1280.jpg

In addition, the Donbass local specifics is a lot of mine industy. Very typical landscape is full of slagheaps - http://fotohomka.ru/images/Nov/24/e6734ef14fc977a709b96fbefa1e5c11/mini_5.jpghttp://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/8/101/468/101468418_DONBASS_Luganskie_terrikonuy.jpg Due to the mine industry, the Donbass region is highly urbanized. Often the next village starts right where the previous ends. Central Russian country landscape is less compact - there is most likely several kilometers between the villages.

There is some more differences between central and south-Russian landscape. On the other hand, In general, this may be not significant differences for the western user (and many of inattentive Russian/Ukrainian users too, lol). If do you think that details is not so important as the "general impression" is - feel free to use Beketov to reenact Ukrainian conflict, no problem :-))

BTW, a good Ukrainian landscape is in the Iron Front game. And, of course, the brilliant map Orshanets by Shelestov - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26807&highlight=ORSHANETS

• Like 5

I've been exploring this map for the past 2 hours, and then realized I have only visited the lower SW corner, LOL. Great map, I love the trees, some I do not recognize, awesome. I am looking forward to playing on this map, great work.

• Like 1

Short video showcase added to our Armaholic channel :)

• Like 6

Steam version updated.

Beketov, version 0.89b

FIXED: compatibility with dedicated servers (some missed bisigns added);

FIXED: some minor bugs reported by fingolfin, shurka and others;

FIXED: removed unnecessary dependency of the "CUP Terrains - Maps", only the "CUP Terrains - Core" is enough now.

Steam users will get an update automatically.

• Like 2

is it normal that as an airport is registered? or is another airport planned what would be good?

fCAQshc.jpg

I am planning to make this airstrip usable and maybe make another one on the west side of the map. It would not be an airport literally, it would be a small dirt airstrip(s?) for agricultural planes. Of course, it would be usable for military crafts, for emergency landing for example.

A brief survey of the western river crossings, west of the main bridge on the highway:

060928 n b
059926 n d
056924 n
022910/023906 nt
006903 wb nt

n = No AI driven vehicles will cross
b =  Bridge (The concrete bridge on P-148 which crosses the river, the main bridge.)
d = Deep ford, good for infantry and amphibious vehicles crossing only
wb = Wooden bridge
nt = No AI driven tanks will cross

My main concern is for the concrete bridge.  No AI will drive across it, not trucks, nor BRDMs nor tanks.  I was amazed a Ural loaded with a Chernarus rifle squad would even attempt to cross the wooden bridge but it sure did.

This survey was done today, so I haven't a chance to test the latest version and I won't for a coupla days.

Very little else to report on the map.
  • Like 1

Can you note which exactly bridges have problems with crossing it by the AI? Take some screenshots of the map if this is possible. I was sure that I have tested all the bridges and fords. If not - I will fix it ASAP.

The bridges/crossings are noted by the map grid number.  Those without any notation are fine.  Those with notations are the ones that are a problem:

064929  This crossing works fine.  All AI driven vehicles cross with very little delay

065934  This crossing works fine.  All AI driven vehicles cross with very little delay

060928 n b  This is the location of the main bridge across the Treshka River, where the main highway, P-158 crosses.  As I noted previously, no AI driving will cross.  They usually either stop before clearing the verges, or they route to another crossing.14115444_594825577354161_152722859433507

059926 n d This is the location of the crossing immediately to the west of the bridge.  It is too deep to support any vehicle/tank crossing, and should be left alone. It may be best to add a sign at the crossing that it is a deep ford.  Maybe eliminate the map marker that shows it as a viable crossing.
14066236_594826267354092_333955346407123

056924 n  This is another crossing that AI, especially tanks and trucks won't cross.  It is immediately to the west of the last crossing.

046924 This crossing works fine.  All AI driven vehicles cross with very little delay

036921 This crossing also works fine.  All AI driven vehicles cross with very little delay

022910/023906 nt  This is a twin crossing.  I haven't tried wheeled vehicles, but AI driven tanks refuse to cross.
14115585_594828700687182_294493597621299

006903 wb nt This is the westernmost crossing.  It has a wooden bridge.  It is difficult, but not impossible for an AI driven truck to cross because of the verges are much lower with reference to the wooden bridge.  You should probably leave this one alone because it is clearly a pedestrian bridge anyway, except that some classes of vehicles can cross.

I will submit fotos tomorrow.
  • Like 2

I am planning to make this airstrip usable and maybe make another one on the west side of the map. It would not be an airport literally, it would be a small dirt airstrip(s?) for agricultural planes. Of course, it would be usable for military crafts, for emergency landing for example.

Now i'm wondering if it is possible to mark a straight portion of a highway as an airstrip?

So we would have some dirt strips (or one dirt strip and a simple grass field with airstrip marking) and a more hard surface spot to operate more delicate jets from.

The only real concern would be the possible negative effect on road for land vehicles.

• Like 1

Is there any chance of getting the amount of vegetation lowered? While it's not very thick at the moment, it does cause my fps to halve due to the size of the groups they appear in.

It seems as though everything has a gamma pass on it. I lower my gamma to like 0.8 when I play on this map to get normal looking saturation. It's a great map so far otherwise :)

Specify your PC config please.

i5 2400, 12gb ram, GTX 760.

i5 2400, 12gb ram, GTX 760.

Your graphic settings are probably not optimal. I play on a computer worse than yours and my game runs and looks fine. Play around with the settings for a bit until you find what works best for you.