dead kennedy

Beketov map, central Russia, 20x20 km

Updated mod v0.89 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey dead kennedy , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Excellent map! Really well done.

My only complaint would be that FPS drops quite a bit near forests.

I also hope that ALIVE support comes as a standard feature soon. :)

Keep up the good work! Much appreciated.

It seems as though everything has a gamma pass on it. I lower my gamma to like 0.8 when I play on this map to get normal looking saturation. It's a great map so far otherwise :)

I see that as well, I add some ppfx to quick editor missions when I play this map.

Many thanks for the map btw, I like it very much, the wide green areas remind me of the Iron Front map, Staszov. I hope in this life I can visit russia :)

The map runs smooth as silk here, it really feels very optimized... with some obvious FPS hits in e.g. Beketov city.

But I hear no wind and rain noises... rain and wind and maybe some fog is pretty sexy on this map.

Excellent map! Really well done.

My only complaint would be that FPS drops quite a bit near forests.

I also hope that ALIVE support comes as a standard feature soon. :)

Keep up the good work! Much appreciated.

Marceldev has already indexed the map. It should be included in the next ALiVE release.

In the meantime, a page or two back, look for his post where he details how to start using it now.

This map cannot be praised enough. I drove from the north, through the big forest through the grass land with some more and less bushes,,, down south and it was beautiful.

• Like 1

What a lovely map! Watched Jeza's showcase on it, downloaded it immediately! It has that special atmosphere that very few maps have. I've actually been waiting for a Russia-like map for a while.

Looking forward to any updates, dead-kennedy!

A brief video of an encounter at the twin river crossing:

A Chernarusian combined arms group attempts to stop a rebel tank/infantry group from crossing a river in Bekatov. A Chernarusian UAZ/SPG-9 gets one shot in at an approaching rebel T-55 and misses, while one Chernarusian BDRM scout car gets hit and its two surviving crew abandon ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrgPDkwOv2I&feature=youtu.be

Thank you dead kennedy for the awesome terrain! I like it! :) With RHS or maybe VTN its a must have!

Have you considered making two versions? It would be cool if you made a more war torn variant, add some cool trench lines and bases. Sure it's fictional but I love the no mans style of warfare this map brings.

• Like 1

Hey, can you tell a bit about your plans here? I think this map deserves way more attention by users. It's so good.

Hey, can you tell a bit about your plans here? I think this map deserves way more attention by users. It's so good.

At first, I plan to fix all the bridges and fords. It seems that this is not so easy task :-)) At second, I do permanently update of infrastructure - the schools, the shops, electric substations.

In addition, I waiting for some of my friends making this - https://sketchfab.com/models/8c94aa64a0ab4149a27fa03f368d8d28This one will replace a vanilla object of the cinema theater.

• Like 5

In addition, I waiting for some of my friends making this - https://sketchfab.com/models/8c94aa64a0ab4149a27fa03f368d8d28This one will replace a vanilla object of the cinema theater.

Wow, this is great.

Are you aware about the maps lighting? I think compared to other maps Beketov is very bright, some kind of "too much gamma", like someone else mentioned before...

Sure. I'll try to do something. To be honest, I simply not learned the new lighting system well. So if you have any suggestion how to fix it - I'll be thankfull.

Check the last month or so of dev blogs. They have released notes on the lighting on the wiki. Might help.

• Like 2

Hey one thing I've noticed with this map is that the 000 northing is halfway through the map- this means that you run into issues with some mods' GPS systems.

Aside from that, this is easily one of my favorite maps, great job!

I have about ten SP scenarios on this map so far.

I have one 20 minute video of an SP delaying action west of Bekatov here

Also, I have a small foto album of a separate action west of Bekatov at Groznovo here

As you can see, the daytime lighting is fine.

• Like 1

As you can see, the daytime lighting is fine.

Thanks for the videos! My world outside of my window has more contrast than what I can see in your first link.

Sure. I'll try to do something. To be honest, I simply not learned the new lighting system well. So if you have any suggestion how to fix it - I'll be thankfull.

Sorry no, I have no knowledge about things on terrain making level. I can only workaround it via ArmAs PP effects commands.

Just uploaded a new build to steam.

20161017223417_1.jpg

UPDATE 0.9b CHANGE REPORT

NEW: A penitentiary colony in Dubenki.
NEW: A dairy factory in Beketov.
NEW: Wheeled vehicles speed is now depends on the type of terrain.
NEW: A couple of new school buildings in Beketov.
FIXED: Some geometry issues around Beketov.
FIXED: Some geometry issues in the central industrial area near Kozlovo.
FIXED: Some geometry issues in Limonovo.
FIXED: Many roads around the map.

And some other minor fixes reported by the community.

• Like 10

Sounds really promising. I'm excited to try out these new changes for this nice map.

• Like 1

Nice island, good work! I have a question though, when I use BIS_fnc_mapSize to get the size, it returns 5120... When I create markers at all locations, it doesn't do all the locations, I think it's the size defined in the config as when I do ((worldName call BIS_fnc_mapSize) * 8) then it works fine. It's not a big issue as I can just manually change the number but thought I'd let you know anyway.

• Like 1

Awesome terrain, ideal for Russia/Ukraine based scenarios!  :)

I've also indexed the terrain for ALiVE and it's staged in the dev build. For those wanting to use it now, you can grab it from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38551057/index_beketov.7z and follow the instructions at http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing#Test_your_Index to get it to work with your missions.  :lol:

This post was made in August. Is the steam version ALIVE compatible?

This post was made in August. Is the steam version ALIVE compatible?

Yeah they've released updates since then (last update Sept 27) so you should be good. If not, please report it in the ALiVE thread.

• Like 1