cookies2432

Need help with dialogs and scripting

Hello, i'm working on something for arma 3 that i've always wanted to do but I could really use some advice or help sometimes, I cannot offer any salary, just looking for someone who shares the same interesst as me, creating content for arma 3 and learning while doing so. Thanks for reading this! :)

The work is about dialogs and scripting :)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103602415/

Hello, i'm working on something for arma 3 that i've always wanted to do but I could really use some advice or help sometimes, I cannot offer any salary, just looking for someone who shares the same interesst as me, creating content for arma 3 and learning while doing so. Thanks for reading this! :)

The work is about dialogs and scripting :)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103602415/

You may want to change the thread tile to be abit more meaningful.

• Like 1

Εverybody here working on something for arma and ask for some advice and help.  :)

You dont need this topic .. Just make another one with the help you really need and the Guy you looking for will come .... ;)

Welcome to Arma3 forum !   :)  

You may want to change the thread tile to be abit more meaningful.

What do you suggest, sorry, I really didn't know what to put

Εverybody here working on something for arma and ask for some advice and help.  :)

You dont need this topic .. Just make another one with the help you really need and the Guy you looking for will come .... ;)

Welcome to Arma3 forum !   :)  

Thank you! I have been here a little but not too often, thing is that i need help with a lot of different kinds of things and when I work on it, I work for only a certain period of time but hard. I just need someone who can quickly helpe me with a small issue :)

What do you suggest, sorry, I really didn't know what to put

Ive changed the thread title for you to "Need help with dialogs and scripting" :)

Ive changed the thread title for you to "Need help with dialogs and scripting" :)

Thank you :)

I think you'll have a hard time finding someone who's willing to be on a call for you.

Just post questions as they arise. There's always people around, in here or maybe on Arma Discord.

And bumping threads is against the forum rules, by the way. ;)

As someone who recently has been learning about dialogs myself, i think i can give a little advice on where to start. The best way to start is to create the way you want the UI to look first. There are a few tools on armaholic to make it easier to do that part. Then use functions to populate the UI with controls depending on what you need like a listbox, buttons, picture, ect... Not sure what type of UI you are trying to make, if its something more simple like a yes or no dialog box that is easy, just make the UI with the controls included and just make a function for "yes" and "no". That would probably be the easiest place to start.

Also, I recommend to scetch the dialogue layout on a piece of paper first. That can save you alot of trouble. (Speaking from experience)