Sign in to follow this  
=242= CPT. Helios

CFGORBAT Map Icon Texture not working

class 242ndNS {
Insignia = "\NS\Imgs\242logo.paa";
texture = "\NS\Imgs\242logo.paa"; /*can't get this to work for some reason */
};

Everything works except for the texture. The weird thing is that the Insignia works just fine. I'm not sure why I can't get the texture to appear though

The solution provided in the second post works. Here is an example for those who want to see it. However, this is another problem that I'm having.

class CFGOrbat {
 class 242ndNS {
  Insignia = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");
  Texture = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");
  colorInsignia[] = {1,1,1,1};
  color[] = {1,1,1,1};     
  };
};

However, I have an additional problem. I would like to put the entire CFGORBAT into a hpp file and then read it with an include. This helps to keep the description.ext down and assist with moving the orbat around. However, when I use the #include command. I can no longer see the image even with this command. Do preprocessor commands like this break down when used with an #include? Is there any way to negotiate this? Here is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Description.EXT

class CFGOrbat {
#include "NS\Orbat.hpp"
};

NS\Orbat.Hpp

class 242ndNS {
  Insignia = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 13])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");;
  Texture  = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 13])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");;
  color[] = {1,1,1,1};
};

I have attempted to use #define to create the path before the #include, but this does not work. This was my original attempt

Description.EXT

#define NSIMAGEFILEPATH __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 13])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa")
class CFGOrbat {
#include "NS\Orbat.hpp"
};

NS\Orbat.hpp

class 242ndNS {
Insignia = NSIMAGEFILEPATH;
Texture = NSIMAGEFILEPATH;
color[] = {1,1,1,1};
};

I had that problem, found a fix.

this is what you had:
Insignia = "\NS\Imgs\242logo.paa";

I had a problem like this so I did this
Insignia = "C:\*name of file*\*name of pc owner*\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\*your arma 3 name (%20 is a space)*\missions\*your mission name*.*island*\NS\Imgs\242logo.paa";

seems to work now, for me atleast.
Hope this helps
P.S have no clue why this text is green :P

You do know that if you change the file path to a full path with user names and stuff, chances are high that other people won't be able to see it?

• Like 1

You do know that if you change the file path to a full path with user names and stuff, chances are high that other people won't be able to see it?

That would be correct, a better path would be:

"your mission name*.*island*\NS\Imgs\242logo.paa"
  • Like 1

The thing is that doesn't work, I tried that a while ago, seems it only likes a full path for some reason, only does this with ORBATs from my knowledge.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope you find a solution soon :)

The thing is that doesn't work, I tried that a while ago, seems it only likes a full path for some reason, only does this with ORBATs from my knowledge.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope you find a solution soon :)

The solution provided in the second post works. Here is an example for those who want to see it

class CFGOrbat {
class EXAMPLECFG{
  Insignia = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");
  Texture  = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");
  color[] = {1,1,1,1}; 	
  };
};

However, I have an additional problem. I would like to put the entire CFGORBAT into a hpp file and then read it with an include. This helps to keep the description.ext down and assist with moving the orbat around. However, when I use the #include command. I can no longer see the image even with this command. Do preprocessor commands like this break down when used with an #include? Is there any way to negotiate this? Here is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Description.EXT

class CFGOrbat {
  #include "NS\Orbat.hpp"
};

NS\Orbat.Hpp

class 242ndNS {
  Insignia = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 13])+"\NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");;
  Texture  = __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 13])+"\NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa");;
  color[] = {1,1,1,1};

I have attempted to use #define to create the path before the #include, but this does not work. This was my original attempt

Description.EXT

#define NSIMAGEFILEPATH __EVAL((__FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])+"NS\Imgs\242Logo.paa")
class CFGOrbat {
  #include "NS\Orbat.hpp"
};

NS\Orbat.hpp

class 242ndNS {
  Insignia = NSIMAGEFILEPATH;
  Texture  = NSIMAGEFILEPATH;
  color[] = {1,1,1,1};
};
  • Like 2