GirlieAllie

'Too Many Objects In Grid Rect. (landgrid-1),(landgrid-1)' Error

Howdy. To start off, after exporting my terrain, when loading it in Arma 3 this error comes up: "Too many objects in grid rectangle 511,511." I know this refers to my landgrid, which is 512. Problem is, if I'm correct, I don't have objects in landgrid 511,511. The issue also persists after removing every single object from the terrain and exporting (for reference, I only have 784 objects in my terrain at this point.) Even more confusing, the terrain loads up just fine in buldozer - which is just a barebones engine that handles objects the same way, right?

No objects are outside the map. I figured that out by exporting their x.y, sorting those, then looking for outliers.

I've noticed that in other help topics, people with similar problems have exactly the same error, but the coordinates are different and also seem to correspond to their landgrid in the same way. My landgrid is 512, my error is 511,511; their landgrid is 64, their error is 63,63; etc. In fact, in the one help topic where it was a legitimate over-placement of objects, their buldozer couldn't handle it either and the error was a more reasonable 13,8;  where the author confirmed to have done a shapefill.

The only one of those similar-to-mine problems with a solution had it be "in the config that was not correct placed", so perhaps it's a config issue? I believe mine is set up correctly, but I'll throw it up if anyone thinks it may be the key; it's just an edit of the Altis one until I'm further along with the island.

Do we know anything about this error?

Could you post screenshots of your mapframe properties, specifially the samplers tab. 

Since these errors usually point to an issue with the source data and its import settings.

Also posting up your configs wouldn't hurt,. use something like pastebin for that, its much easier to read.

Could you post screenshots of your mapframe properties, specifially the samplers tab. 

f40ec73166.png

f4b2ea66ba.png

c25bdbb740.png

set your bottom corner east    200000.000  and north 0.000

also, i think that you must change the name of your root folder (without symbols because some people maybe have problems .......i dont know for sure)

Northing/Easting doesn't have an effect. The yen symbol is just how the computer renders the backslash, for whatever reason, those are fine.

make sure in your config you have

mapSize=30720; // set it to your map size
	mapZone=35;
	mapArea[]={25.011957,39.718452,25.481527,40.094578};

I've had weird bugs if they weren't set

make sure in your config you have

mapSize=30720; // set it to your map size
	mapZone=35;
	mapArea[]={25.011957,39.718452,25.481527,40.094578};

I've had weird bugs if they weren't set

The mapSize was already correct, and the mapZone and Area were left untouched from Altis, as it is here.

Interestingly, creating another project with the same files, just importing the .wrp  from the first, causes the same exact error - except that packing it now makes the 'binarize' portion of the tool take roughly two hours, and crashes Steam in the process before finishing. Apparently another person encountered that same problem, and found the issue was with a certain point on their terrain. Perhaps the heightfield is somehow corrupted...?

Oh, and to those interested in the fault message  that pops up when the game crashes, it's this. 0x0000dead, indeed...

IIRC the last time I saw an error similar to yours it was due to the texture layer size and the sat/surface mask tile size.

Try reducing your surface mask tiles to 1024x1024, and reduce your texture layer size to 16x16. 

This will give you a final landgrid computation of 1024 and more balanced numbers inside the derived parameters box.

Try reducing your surface mask tiles to 1024x1024, and reduce your texture layer size to 16x16. 

This will give you a final landgrid computation of 1024 and more balanced numbers inside the derived parameters box.

Changing parameters as mentioned results in the same error.

I've redone the project by just re-importing the heightmap .PNG I'm working from (yes, I know TB doesn't like .PNG files, every other format gives its own problems for me) and it results, again, in the same error. This is after packing it up immediately following the import of heightmap, satmap, mask, and layer/terrain generation with zero objects placed, regardless of map property settings. So, I suppose something is either wrong with TerrainBuilder, or my heightmap at its core is giving the error.

Looking into everything to try and find problem sources, I think I'll start with changes to my heightmap and go from there. Time's not exceptionally free though, and importing takes a while, so I'll have to fill back in on progress tomorrow or the next day.

Cheers for everyone giving input however! Takes more than this to kill a bull moose.

• Like 1