Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 05 2002,05:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 06 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd guess it's a Piper Warrior. It was the first model in the PA series with a third side window (above the luggage area).<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. biggrin.gif

It's a Cherokee 180.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, they could be called square tipped I guess.

su-15.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When you compare it with this picture the tips are more pronounced.

It almost looks like they bend in flight.

flagn_d1.gif<span id='postcolor'>

On the other hand it could just be a different mark? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 06 2002,02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you compare it with this picture the tips are more pronounced.

It almost looks like they bend in flight.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah yes I'd forgotten. There are different versions  of this plane. Different wings:)

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other hand it could just be a different mark? <span id='postcolor'>

Yep

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other hand it could just be a different mark? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, well yeah, they are drawings. They artist could of just gotten it wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 05 2002,05:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a new one.

airplane.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Yak36 Forger.

Too easy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 06 2002,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other hand it could just be a different mark? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, well yeah, they are drawings.  They artist could of just gotten it wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, there was a version with a different wing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 06 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yak36 Forger.

Too easy smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, guess again.

biggrin.gif

You're really close though, almost a typo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 05 2002,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 06 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yak36 Forger.

Too easy smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, guess again.

biggrin.gif

You're really close though, almost a typo.<span id='postcolor'>

Believe it or not, it was a typo, in a book I've had for about 20 years smile.gif

Correct model is Yak38. The Yak36, I've just discovered, was a VTOL testbed, NATO code Freehand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 06 2002,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The picture you have posted is indeed a Wellington. Now compare it with the aircraft I posted. They were both built by Vickers, Both designed by Barnes Wallis, but they are different aircraft.

There's more difference between these two than there is between a typhoon and a tempest! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the Vickers Warwick?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 05 2002,06:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 06 2002,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The picture you have posted is indeed a Wellington. Now compare it with the aircraft I posted. They were both built by Vickers, Both designed by Barnes Wallis, but they are different aircraft.

There's more difference between these two than there is between a typhoon and a tempest! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the Vickers Warwick?<span id='postcolor'>

Give that man a small cigar!

I admit I had to go through google and to a Russian Website before I picked it up by chance........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Nov. 06 2002,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#1B57Canberra.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Looks like a canberra, but i didn't know the US used that one... What the hell is the U.S. Weather Bureau?? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Nov. 05 2002,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#1B57Canberra.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

B-57 Canberra

(it's its filename)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">B-57 Canberra

(it's its filename)

<span id='postcolor'>

Baaah, that's cheating!!! biggrin.gif

You son of a bitch.  That was pretty quick.  Nice.  tounge.gif This is no fun, there are too many airplane-history guys here.  No challenge. confused.gif

Hehe smile.gif Im Dutch so offcourse I know my airplane history biggrin.gif

plane5.jpg

OK now this one smile.gif

Yeah, too many aircraft geeks here biggrin.gif . And don't even try to use rare russian prototypes, Tovarish knows 'em all!!! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 06 2002,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">plane5.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Fokker D-21

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 05 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">should be easy i think

1.DSC01201.JPG

2.DSC01196.JPG what flys next to the DC10?

3.DSC01176.JPG ive been standing next to that baby  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1. b1b lancer

2, kc10 extender

3. x-35 joint strike fighter

Dont make me start delving into early subsonic Navy jets... theres like 3 million of the damn things

whats this 1 then

aer35g.jpg

firing squad tomorow morning for those that get it wrong