Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

Im no plane expert or nothin, but isn't number 2 one of those V planes the nazis had during the war?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">plane9.jpg

4.<span id='postcolor'>

Lockheed XV-4B Hummingbird II

Noticed it was a VTOL by the exhaust on the bottom of the engines.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2.

plane8.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I thought it looked like a Japanese fighter I once saw, but the lack of the prop on that wreck fooled me for a bit smile.gif

Kyushu J7W1 "Shinden" Intercepter

shinden4.jpg

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span> From the looks of #4, I'd say it was a Japanese suicide plane for kamikaze attacks, but haven't found it yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4.

plane10.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Messerschmitt P.1073 (Me 328)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 18 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4.

plane10.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

That one looks like some sort of human  guided missile.I was going to say it looked like it would be dropped from a plane cos it has no wheels on the undercarrriage but it does have one on the tail confused.gif

ps. if the picture was clearer there may or may not be a propeller on the plane so wheres its power source.

Also why do planes(propeller poweredd) have the propeller on the front.Sports cars are always usually rear driven so what is it hat makes it not so ggood on a plane ?

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Nov. 18 2002,23wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That one looks like some sort of human  guided missile.I was going to say it looked like it would be dropped from a plane cos it has no wheels on the undercarrriage but it does have one on the tail confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No wheels, but a ski. It was a parasite fighter. But we were both partly right on our first guess (piloted bomb)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The whole program was ended in September 1943, it was revived again in 1944 as a one-way piloted flying bomb, but was dropped in favor of the Fiesler Fi 103 A1 "Reichenberg". <span id='postcolor'>

Renagade, there were a few planes with a propeller in front and a rear-mounted engine. The Bell P-39 Airacobra is probably the best-known plane of this type.

ap1.jpg

Bell P-39 Airacobra

In addition to the unusual propulsion setup, it also had a cannon that fired through the center of the propeller hub.

I really meant the actuall propeller and/or engine situated at the back but i wonder how a plane like u`ve posted would handle in flight smile.gif

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Nov. 19 2002,00wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really meant the actuall propeller and/or engine situated at the back but i wonder how a plane like u`ve posted would handle in flight smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the USAF hated it and sent half of the entire production to the Soviet Union as part of the lend lease program. The Russians loved it and it produced many aces, incluiding Alexander Pokryshkin , who scored 59 confirmed personal victories.

pokri1.jpg

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span> The P-39 is one of my favourite fighters to fly in IL-2

Now my turn okies?

Try to guess this one:

It was used in war conflict, and it supposed to be Exported but the success didnt come.

Few images:

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

You can post answer here but I want to hear what brings you to your conclusion smile.gif

e3.jpg

It is very simple: It is a J-22 Orao  - a Yugoslav fighter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">You can post answer here but I want to hear what brings you to your conclusion <span id='postcolor'>

Why I came to the conclusion: I have inspected a couple of them in Kosovo smile.gif

Edit: I think I also saw one or two of them in Croatia. smile.gif

Dammit, just as I was searching for Yugoslav fighters smile.gif. I knew those munitions were Eastern.

I guess it would be my turn then smile.gif

Try this one:

plane1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess it would be my turn then smile.gif

Try this one:

plane1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Project 1.42/44 AKA MiG-35

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Project 1.42/44 AKA MiG-35<span id='postcolor'>

Correct smile.gif

My turn again. A production model this time, which holds an interesting world record.

notthateasy.jpg