Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

deameat, the first 1 is that raf c130 snoopy variant is it? they cancelled it i think.

2 is TSR2

3 is kestral

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 13 2002,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">deameat, the first 1 is that raf c130 snoopy variant is it? they cancelled it i think.

2 is TSR2

3 is kestral<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">raf c130 snoopy <span id='postcolor'>

correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">TSR2<span id='postcolor'>

correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">kestral<span id='postcolor'>

correct...

and it should have been easy for you - cos your an air cadet, and thats what we do.

for bonus points - do you know where the snoopy is atm?

ahh shite, i cant remember i know they cancelled it so its probably scrapped and something else

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 13 2002,07wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres my next whacko picture

Wierd%20One.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Is that the lippisch thing???

[sEARCH]ok i found this one Is this the right one??? [/sEARCH]

I mean the glider prototype offcourse <!--emo&smile.gif

Ok I knew I saw it somewhere... it was in a Revell catalogue.... smile.gif

i think its the flying bathtup. 1 of the pilots pranged it landing and looks like largo of bond biggrin.gif

What??? I didn't cheat smile.gif

I just remembered the shape from a model smile.gif And Lippisch was famous for those weird shapes....

Guess this one... its easy smile.gif

plane4.GIF

ahh the german test fighter early on in the war heinkel something ive forgot its number

I believe the number is either He-144, or He-114. It flew before the Me-262, but the 262 was a better jet and was adopted for service.

COLINMAN

It's an Av-8B, you can tell by the fact it has the larger wing with the extra outboard pylon, the outriger wheels are in the middle of the wing instead of the tip. Also you can see the LERX root extensions and also the bubble canopy.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 14 2002,23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guess this one... its easy smile.gif

plane4.GIF<span id='postcolor'>

I'll put down He-280.

With a little more luck for Heinkel, it would have came into service before the Me 262.

I'd argue that the harrier was a GR.7 - due to the fact it has the twin Aden cannons under the fuselage (which the Americans don't use...)

gr7. air cadets piss on bonfires smile.gif /me gives deadmeat a high 5

and badgerboy is there 2. so maybee the raf aswell

the AV8-b they made the wings bigger made the engine more powerfull because of it, and congratulations you made it slower tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Nov. 15 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's an Av-8B, you can tell by the fact it has the larger wing with the extra outboard pylon, the outriger wheels are in the middle of the wing instead of the tip. Also you can see the LERX root extensions and also the bubble canopy.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

you did quite an accurate discription of the sea harrier there j/k

well it is a gr7

brimstoneantiarmour8.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 15 2002,06:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Nov. 15 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's an Av-8B, you can tell by the fact it has the larger wing with the extra outboard pylon, the outriger wheels are in the middle of the wing instead of the tip. Also you can see the LERX root extensions and also the bubble canopy.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

you did quite an accurate discription of the sea harrier there j/k

well it is a gr7

brimstoneantiarmour8.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Gr.7 is the british version of the AV8B, but it does have the extra pylon infront of the outriggers for the Sidewinder and I missed that in the pic. Sea Harrier has the bubble cananpy, but it doesn't use larger wing with LERX. It also has the blue fox (?) radar that lets it use AMRAMMS as well.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 15 2002,06:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 14 2002,23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guess this one... its easy smile.gif

plane4.GIF<span id='postcolor'>

I'll put down He-280.

With a little more luck for Heinkel, it would have came into service before the Me 262.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup your right smile.gif

I wanted to put down another plane but you guys would never guess it smile.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Nov. 09 2002,05:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">---picture of bf108 taifun---

Any Idea?<span id='postcolor'>

this one is beautiful wow.gif

i want it! does anyone know a good selling point for old planes? i think it will cost a fortune tho confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 16 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanted to put down another plane but you guys would never guess it smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im rather good at Nazi experimental projects, so go ahead.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 16 2002,01:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 16 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanted to put down another plane but you guys would never guess it smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im rather good at Nazi experimental projects, so go ahead.<span id='postcolor'>

lol you sound like an evil scientist saying that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 16 2002,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 16 2002,01:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 16 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanted to put down another plane but you guys would never guess it smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im rather good at Nazi experimental projects, so go ahead.<span id='postcolor'>

lol you sound like an evil scientist saying that<span id='postcolor'>

mWAHAHAHAHHAHA! mein Name ist Werner Von Braun!!!!!!!!!

Come on Tovarish, got any more Soviet come American planes that you can post so i can frustrate myself all over again?