Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 07 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(pretty scary though, both the planes that I supposed where extremely exotic and hard to find prototypes which I've posted to know were ID'd extreemely quickly).<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, the funny thing was that my best one was the He-177, took 6 pages and in the end I had to tell them. Funny thing is, hundreds where made! I thought it was a well knwon plane........

OK, heres a Korean War era plane. Pretty beasy to pick up. *Hint* Dont even bother looking at the properties of the photo, totally misleading.

Plane

*Edit* Originally posted the pic, realised it was 300k, nearly had a heart attack and quickly covered my tracks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 07 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, heres a Korean War era plane. Pretty beasy to pick up. *Hint* Dont even bother looking at the properties of the photo, totally misleading.

Plane

*Edit* Originally posted the pic, realised it was 300k, nearly had a heart attack and quickly covered my tracks.<span id='postcolor'>

shoot...it was the first jet fighter to go into full action...arrrggh!! F1 comes to my mind, but the name doesn't.....

damn...i could have banned you for that pic size tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Nov. 07 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">shoot...it was the first jet fighter to go into full action...arrrggh!! F1 comes to my mind, but the name doesn't.....

damn...i could have banned you for that pic size  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, the Me-262 was the first Jet Combat Plane, and quite a few hundred were made, and went into combat.

And a hint, there is no '1' in the planes designation.

And luckily I edited that post, bad things could have happened!

You are all too good. TIME TO MAKE THINGS HARDER biggrin.gif . But I dont mean that you got to know whether it was the model 4545353453453 IA or the model 3492402i3540923i4092 IB!!!

Now you need good eyes

wreck.jpgjust kiddin tounge.gif

P40wreck.jpg

plane.jpg

pb4y-1.jpg

hu44270.jpg

Shall I Make thing easier?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 07 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, heres a Korean War era plane. Pretty beasy to pick up. *Hint* Dont even bother looking at the properties of the photo, totally misleading.

Plane

*Edit* Originally posted the pic, realised it was 300k, nearly had a heart attack and quickly covered my tracks.<span id='postcolor'>

Childish Easy: F - 86 Sabre (not sure if manufacturee is North America or Republic)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are all too good. TIME TO MAKE THINGS HARDER  biggrin.gif . But I dont mean that you got to know whether it was the model 4545353453453 IA or the model 3492402i3540923i4092 IB!!!

Now you need good eyes

wreck.jpgjust kiddin  tounge.gif

P40wreck.jpg

plane.jpg

pb4y-1.jpg

hu44270.jpg

Shall I Make thing easier?<span id='postcolor'>

hmm now i should just guess:

Its all WW2 , 4 from Pacific, one from Europe:

1: Japanese Mitsubishi J2M Raiden - "Jack"

2: US P-40 Warhawk or Kittyhawk

3: US F-4 Corsair

4: US Consolidated B-24 Leiberator or PB4 Privateer ot Liberator transporter

5: German Heinkel He-111

Im hope that im not wrong :-)

Wow, you are good biggrin.gif (in case you didnt look at the links, but I think you dont do that)

The first image is a ......actually I have no clue. How can anyone see what that is?   tounge.gif

The others I think are correct. Except that this is never ever a HE-111. This was a bimotor plane and here we see only a single motor. So I guess it is a simple ME-109.

The other there I cant tell, but by the fact that it looks like a chinese machine used in the pacific war doesnt leave many options open does it? SO it could be a A6M2, but it doesnt have those bended wing so it should be an american plane. YOu must be correct A6M2 corsair

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, you are good biggrin.gif (in case you didnt look at the links, but I think you dont do that)

The first image is a ......actually I have no clue. How can anyone see what that is?   tounge.gif

The others I think are correct. Except that this is never ever a HE-111. This was a bimotor plane and here we see only a single motor. So I guess it is a simple ME-109.

The other there I cant tell, but by the fact that it looks like a chinese machine used in the pacific war doesnt leave many options open does it? SO it could be a A6M2, but it doesnt have those bended wing so it should be an american plane. YOu must be correct A6M2 corsair<span id='postcolor'>

First one is simple:

look on the back of cabin, no other jap plane do have this smile.gif

Check the shape of back of canopy

I never saw a Messerschmitt Bf-109 with tail about 4 meteres tall (compare the size of civilian), and the shape of tail smile.gif

Its HE-111, Ju-88 do have much sharper front side :-) NEVER EVER A Messerschmitt :-)

U can easily identify Kittyhawk Warhawk, just zoom the image and in front u can see a color poster with airplane :-)

And the 4 neigne torso simyl doesnt look like B-17 or B-29 so its B-24 or modifications (japans 4 engines (betty etc etc )look bit different) :-)

Im so goood  tounge.gif

(just kidding)

Oh hell yes  wow.gif !! I didnt see those civillians. No then it realy cant be a ME-109. Or maybe those are british midgets standing next to it  tounge.gif

Still, the HE had 2 motors. But I dont see them. Where are they gone?  Look here for comparisonHE-111.jpg

But maybe the full cockpit burned away together with the two motors!

I guess tahat the 2nd motor is 1 meter to right, out of wiev :-)

Well if you those crashed planes u must surely know this one

plane6.jpg

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The top one is a Trabi turned into a plane by some east-german dudes trying to cross the border.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol funny you should say that Albert, I was just thinking about posting this:

%5CIMGphotos%5C2002%5CNovember%5C7%5Cstamp_original%5C110720029470213.jpg

biggrin.gif (yes, this was actually flown in 1940)

Looks like OFP's "flying BMP" bug is actually nothing new....

Ok, now for something completely different

3b32243.jpg

That's quite easy, isn't it?

-----edit-----

btw: I still need the spanish and czech word for shotgun shell...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh hell yes  wow.gif !! I didnt see those civillians. No then it realy cant be a ME-109. Or maybe those are british midgets standing next to it  tounge.gif

Still, the HE had 2 motors. But I dont see them. Where are they gone?  Look here for comparisonHE-111.jpg

But maybe the full cockpit burned away together with the two motors!<span id='postcolor'>

thats a spannish heinkel 110 (dunno if its spelt right) with rolls royce engines

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 06 2002,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Typhoon  smile.gif

Guess this one smile.gif

plane6.jpg

It was a plane which was way ahead of it's time smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

firing sqaud

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 07 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh hell yes  wow.gif !! I didnt see those civillians. No then it realy cant be a ME-109. Or maybe those are british midgets standing next to it  tounge.gif

But maybe the full cockpit burned away together with the two motors!<span id='postcolor'>

thats a spannish heinkel 110 (dunno if its spelt right) with rolls royce engines<span id='postcolor'>

why spannish? And why Rolls Royce? Dont get it? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 07 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 07 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh hell yes  wow.gif !! I didnt see those civillians. No then it realy cant be a ME-109. Or maybe those are british midgets standing next to it  tounge.gif

thats a spannish heinkel 110 (dunno if its spelt right) with rolls royce engines<span id='postcolor'>

why spannish? And why Rolls Royce? Dont get it?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

different motors (same with Bf-109)

spanish do use Germany planes but with RR enignes and with Hispano Suiza cannons etc :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Nov. 07 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, now for something completely different

3b32243.jpg

That's quite easy, isn't it?

-----edit-----

btw: I still need the spanish and czech word for shotgun shell...<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking that is it a fokker and while i was searchnig for the other plane i found this :-)

Google Images

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 07 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if you those crashed planes u must surely know this one

plane6.jpg

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1 Fokker D.XXIII(23)

d23a.jpg

And those in you signatue:

2 Fokker D.XXI (21)

fokker_d21.jpg

3 Fokker G.I(1) smile.gif

fokkerg1_tn.jpg

Yup

Yup

and triple Yup smile.gif

I love Fokkers tounge.gif I am building them all for OFP but thats a different story wink.gif Too bad the factory went bankrupt confused.gif

D.XXI in German Camo

one of that nice fokker went to early into the ground:

sorry wrong link

it was about the aircrach in luxenbourg