Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

Tempest  smile.gif

Guess this one smile.gif

plane6.jpg

It was a plane which was way ahead of it's time smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">correct....MiG-3.Good point Ex-Ronin

This one should be more challenging, and it is more widely known than the Su-2

110420028173480.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Il-4. Bah, this is what I get for finding this thread late.

More Il-2 goodness please!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 05 2002,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats this 1 then

aer35g.jpg

firing squad tomorow morning for those that get it wrong<span id='postcolor'>

First aid kit from a Tempest V?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 05 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Nov. 05 2002,21wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats this 1 then

aer35g.jpg

firing squad tomorow morning for those that get it wrong<span id='postcolor'>

First aid kit from a Tempest V?<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!

Hehehe, very nice one smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Nov. 06 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, too many aircraft geeks here biggrin.gif . And don't even try to use rare russian prototypes, Tovarish knows 'em all!!!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol hey, what else do you do as a kid when your dad is a mechanic in the Cuban air force? Get every book on planes you can get your hands on! And of course back then, all I could get my hands on was stuff on Soviet aircraft.

Speaking of rare Russian prototypes, good luck in identifying this one:

110620021590838.jpg

I swear to you the pic is real and that is an actual flying AC smile.gif.

A hint for you....don't even bother searching for Antonovs, Tupolevs, Illushins, Yaks, Sukhois, Berievs, MiG's....in short....this is somewhat of a secretive venture which has been cancelled on and off since the USSR broke up, and dosen't seem to have any of the major design bureaus associated with it. Last I heard was a rumor stating development was continuing in partnership with China.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

Well that's called EKIP. "Ekologiya i Progres". smile.gif

Tovarish, I have no idea what that is (the pic is kinda small), but it reminds me of the US's "Tacit Blue":

norgrum-tacit.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tydium @ Nov. 06 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

Well that's called EKIP. "Ekologiya i Progres".  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, nice ID! biggrin.gif

Yep, name means "Ecology and Progress", I just hope it manages to progress....

Here's what little technical info there is on it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 05 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Nov. 06 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, too many aircraft geeks here biggrin.gif . And don't even try to use rare russian prototypes, Tovarish knows 'em all!!!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol hey, what else do you do as a kid when your dad is a mechanic in the Cuban air force? Get every book on planes you can get your hands on! And of course back then, all I could get my hands on was stuff on Soviet aircraft.<span id='postcolor'>

You remind me of some woman i saw on TV yesterday, it was a Russian lady (on BBC2), she participated in that show where people need to do the same stuff as the SAS. She could totally clean a gun and that put it all together again. She learned that in school smile.gif

Hehe, i wish we learned that stuff my school!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Wow, nice ID!

<span id='postcolor'>

I accidently found a website about EKIP earlier today when I was looking info about this:

pic1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tydium @ Nov. 06 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pic1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, isn't that the "caspian sea monster"? smile.gif Gonna go check the designation smile.gif. Yep, that is, but the only other designation I can find for it is "KM"

Ah, isn't that the "caspian sea monster"? Gonna go check the designation . Yep, that is, but the only other designation I can find for it is "KM"

<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. I don't know the designation but I recently saw a document about it in the Discovery channel.

Here are some specs about it and other prototypes. KM seems to be the designation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tydium @ Nov. 06 2002,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Ah, isn't that the "caspian sea monster"? Gonna go check the designation . Yep, that is, but the only other designation I can find for it is "KM"

<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. I don't know the designation but I recently saw a document about it in the Discovery channel.<span id='postcolor'>

Seen that documentary many times, so I figured that one would be too easy to post here smile.gif. Interesting machines those Ekranoplanes, able to travel just off the water at the speed of a jet... I'd hate to see what would happen if the autopilot that's meant to control the constant altitude fails (Those things don't want to stay at the same altitude naturally, and a computer is always compensating for it)

I'd hate to be fishing off the bow of a small sailboat on a lazy summer afternoon and have one of those things overlook me in its path... wow.gif

Ok, Im not going to bother downloading and then uploading this. Anyone who knows about WWII should pick cant1007.jpg

Part of the designation of the plane is ijn the name, but a key part is missing.

@Col. Kurtz:

hm, an italian airplane (looking at the camouflage pattern)

cant,cant,...

perhaps "CRDA Cant Z.506"-based?

I think it's the prototype "CRDA Cant Z.508" without buoyancy chambers (right term? It's Schwimmer in german...)

btw:

I need some translations for shotgun shell:

english - shell

français - cartouche (?)

deutsch - Patrone

italian - ?

spanish - ?

czech - ?

Ok Der Bastler, your getting close. It is indeed an italian plane, but not the Z.508.

The plane I have shown was an actual model that went into full sclae production and was probably the best bomber made by the Italians in WW2.

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 06 2002,21wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd hate to be fishing off the bow of a small sailboat on a lazy summer afternoon and have one of those things overlook me in its path...  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that's what all your pre-ban assault rifles are for.  tounge.gif

just to remind ppl to post images of size 100k or less. and no flaming or saying things like 'our aircraft is the best!' so far this thread is going great.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Nov. 06 2002,23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">spanish - ?<span id='postcolor'>

Cartucho de escopeta

"Shotgun cartridge"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 06 2002,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, Im not going to bother downloading and then uploading this. Anyone who knows about WWII should pick cant1007.jpg

Part of the designation of the plane is ijn the name, but a key part is missing.<span id='postcolor'>

CANT Z.1007bis Torpedo Bomber "Alcione"

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span> I admit, i got lucky on this one. After it was confirmed to be a cant I did a search and found a page with the exact image Col Kurtz posted smile.gif

Tovarish your local aircraft nut is correct.

Right, soon Im going to have to move onto doing secret Luftwaffe experimental planes that only reached prototype stage if you keep on guessing the aircraft.

Lol You bring the German and I'll bring the Russian smile.gif. We'll all learn something. (pretty scary though, both the planes that I supposed where extremely exotic and hard to find prototypes which I've posted to know were ID'd extreemely quickly).