Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

V-44X Blackfish open ramp script?

As part of a scenario I'm making, I'd like to have a Blackfish sitting on the tarmac at Tanoa Airport with it's ramp open. What script opens the ramp?

In the config viewer in the editor you can find the class name of the vehicle, then find the user actions section for that vehicle, then find the doors that it's possible to animate and the use the appropriate command, such as

this animateDoor ['Rear_ramp', 1];
to have it open. That is just an example, you'll need to find the actual name of the action and replace the Rear_ramp part with the appropriate value for the specific blackfish you're using.

Thank you :) I did take a peak in the config viewer, dunno why I haven't seen. I'll check again.

They used to be under user actions, but I suppose I should have added the disclaimer that the last time I went looking for a door to animate on a vehicle was back in 1.58, so things may have changed around a bit in recent updates.

They used to be under user actions, but I suppose I should have added the disclaimer that the last time I went looking for a door to animate on a vehicle was back in 1.58, so things may have changed around a bit in recent updates.

Yeah, couldn't find it  :mellow: I appreciate you trying to help though! And if anyone else knows the script or the action for the ramp I'd be grateful.

Well where are you looking? Because I just did as I described originally in about 2min and found it. Maybe you're not looking in the correct spot? I was able to drop the rear ramp on all 3 models with

this animateDoor ['Door_1_source', 1];
which I grabbed straight from the config viewer. I even saved it for you so you can just copy and paste it yourself over to your mission: link. Make a folder with the extension of .VR in your mission editing folder where all your other missions are kept, paste in my linked mission.sqm, and you can open it in the editor. I only uploaded the mission.sqm so I didn't have to zip it for simplicity sake.

The steps I took:

• Place down empty Blackfish
  • Right click on blackfish
  • Click find in config viewer
  • Double click highlighted unit class name
  • Scroll to User Actions and double click (it's only available in the infantry transport model but the code works for all 3 models)
  • Click appropriate animation (ramp open)
  • Click line with statement, ctrl-c to copy
  • Exit config viewer
  • Paste statement into unit's init field, delete the extra quotation marks and the statement= part
  • Preview mission to confirm it works
  • Like 4

Well where are you looking? Because I just did as I described originally in about 2min and found it. Maybe you're not looking in the correct spot? I was able to drop the rear ramp on all 3 models with

this animateDoor ['Door_1_source', 1];
which I grabbed straight from the config viewer. I even saved it for you so you can just copy and paste it yourself over to your mission: link. Make a folder with the extension of .VR in your mission editing folder where all your other missions are kept, paste in my linked mission.sqm, and you can open it in the editor. I only uploaded the mission.sqm so I didn't have to zip it for simplicity sake.

The steps I took:

• Place down empty Blackfish
  • Right click on blackfish
  • Click find in config viewer
  • Double click highlighted unit class name
  • Scroll to User Actions and double click (it's only available in the infantry transport model but the code works for all 3 models)
  • Click appropriate animation (ramp open)
  • Click line with statement, ctrl-c to copy
  • Exit config viewer
  • Paste statement into unit's init field, delete the extra quotation marks and the statement= part
  • Preview mission to confirm it works

Ah, I think I see where I fudged up... my apologies, I don't use the config viewer often; I right clicked the Blackfish, opened it in the config viewer, and starting searching directly from there for user actions rather than double clicking the highlighted unit class name. I believe that's where I went wrong. Really appreciate your help, hopefully I can self-manage this in the future :)

Yeah it's not real straight forward, but that's how you access stuff in the config viewer in the future. There's a lot of crap in that thing so don't feel bad if you were confused, I was lost too when I first opened it. I think maybe 75% of the vanilla vehicles have some type of door or hatch that can be opened or closed if you want to do the same with other vehicles in the future.

• Like 1