tmynott

High Command HELP

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I created and tested a multiplayer TvT mission, with OPFOR consisting of one playerable unit (acting as High Command of a Series of AI squads) against a team of BLFOR (Human Players).

The issues I ran into;

All units on the multiplayer test appeared as the same colour (teal), so I was unable to distinguish between OPFOR and BLUFOR units. Which did not occur in single player test.

Enemy units our of sight still appeared on the High Command, even when they had disappeared from view for some time (10mins). Which seems to also happen in Single Player.

If anyone has any comments or advice I would be grateful.

Regards,

T.M

Selecting the F1, F2 etc should highlight the squads that you can control with a slightly thicker/bolder icon. Never messed with High Command in that kind of enviroment.

Seems like a restricted Zeus mission would better fit the bill.

Cheers for the response. The only issue I have with Zeus is that I can still see the enemy squad. Unless there is a easy way to disable this so they are hidden from view?

T.M

Zeus is a two edged sword.

It can be used by a skillful person to craft an extremely immersive experience with a heli flying by at just the right moment and a  proper mix of engagement and rest between fights.

OR

It can be used to beat the player squad into submission through relentless attacks and overwhelming odds.

Seeing the players squad location can help make either of these scenarios come true. Its all up to the person controlling Zeus.

• Like 1

Sure, I do not believe an alternative exists which is in the middle ground. If there was a way to put a fog of war on zeus or make the enemy invisible when they have not been seen that would be great.

I do fully appreciate that zeus needs to be played with a thought and care, rather than just throwing everything at the enemy all at once.  Hence why I was trying to get around this by using high comand moduel.

Hello tmynott,

I have the exact same issue (cyan color instead of blufor/opfor color in high command on dedicated server). Did you manage to solve your issue ?

Thx !

I as well am having the exact same issue. High command on a dedicated server causes all the high command icons for both teams to all be a light blue-ish green color. Would LOVE to know how to fix this!!!

This issue also applies for me. It is very hard to find anyone else with this problem. A question to the few persons that have encounters this problem. Do you lack the apex addon? Because I do although it wouldn't make sense to me for this to cause the bug

There are some alternatives to high command if it's not working out well. Here's one I created:

Here's another one Igitour created that expands the functionality of HC:

I already tried alternatives to high command but all of them get their data from the standard HC. I can still play the mission but there is just no reliability on what is an enemy and what not. Wondering if it has something to do with certrain missions. Not sure if a reinstall could help.

16 hours ago, Acreen said:

I already tried alternatives to high command but all of them get their data from the standard HC. I can still play the mission but there is just no reliability on what is an enemy and what not. Wondering if it has something to do with certrain missions. Not sure if a reinstall could help.

The first one I listed doesn't rely on anything from standard HC.

18 hours ago, Acreen said:

I had encountered the same problem in my mission so there's certainly something wrong with HC module or Arma itself.