Sign in to follow this  
Boss-Starstreams

Getting ArmA 3 (AI-tanks) to behave more like ArmA 2

I'm trying to figure out what's making the ArmA3 AI behavior (with the tanks in particular) different then in ArmA2

It's really for single player fun more than anything. But here are the two topics I'm referring to:

• In ArmA2, the tanks (when using the Guard way-points) would follow you almost all over the map. In other words, the tanks would hunt you down. What can I do to make this happen in ArmA 3?
  • The other more important issue is, when I'm hiding in a forest, say 120 yards away, or even behind a building at the same distance, it seems like the AI always knows I'm there as soon as I pop my head out. This is not realistic. In the real world, it's very unlikely that someone will see you at that distance, and even if you were only 50 feet away, the chances of them knowing you're there (unless they were looking right in your direction) would be unlikely. What is making ArmA 3 behave like this? Or how can I make it behave more like ArmA 2? I think it's safe to say that squatting helps decrease the chances of being noticed, but it's not an absolute fix.

Is there a global radius-awareness setting I can apply for all AI?

Thanks

3den Enhanced

by

Revo

Description:

This modification adds new functionalities to 3den, without creating any dependencies for players. That means, mission builder can use this mod to make their lifes easier without making the lifes of the players harder by forcing them to download additional mods.

Features:

Advanced skill settings for units

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30461

7B91E59A5C4439E66BA09B41488810CF8FED718F

• Like 1

Thanks Chriz, That's a pretty cool mod.

Just curious. I notice there is no advanced Spot Distance settings (when I click on a tank) for example. But you can do that for infantry.

If I were to apply this Spot Distance setting to all three infantry crew members in the tank, would that be sufficient to apply this behavior?

In other words, when you want to reduce the Spot Distance on a tank, is it the crew that executes that settings, or the tank itself that needs to have it's Spot Distance set?

I don't think you can make that setting on just the tank. But it would make sense to only have to modify the crew members since they are driving. But I don't know how the scrips behave.

Does this work on way points?

Is there a way to make the Guard Way point work more like in ArmA2?  The AI use to hunt you down in ArmA2. In A3, they seem to give up after a short time.

Is this part of the AI, or the way point itself?

In other words, when you want to reduce the Spot Distance on a tank, is it the crew that executes that settings, or the tank itself that needs to have it's Spot Distance set?

I don't think you can make that setting on just the tank. But it would make sense to only have to modify the crew members since they are driving. But I don't know how the scrips behave.

Yes you would apply the skills to the crew, not the tank.

• Like 1