CNutter

Set hotkeys for scroll menu options?

I pilot aircraft quite often, but I'm still unable to utilize a lot of the buttons on my X-52 Pro.

There isn't a key setting in the controls options for a lot of things that are offered in the scroll menu (radial menu? action menu?).

Google turned up plenty of results, but none were quite what I'm looking for... I don't want a context based redesigned action menu, or a new UI, I just want to set a key to do an action that isn't offered in the vanilla controls setting.

My question is if there is any addon out there that will let me activate scroll menu options with a pre-defined key (or if that's even possible).

Specifically the ability to open/ close the (CH-67) ramp, toggle manual fire, and anti-collision lights.

Don't mind me, just a random link

This was three years ago and BIS still hasn't added the ability to set action menu items to a key wtf?!

Same issue and same question as it pertains to some way to bind scroll menu settings to flightstick buttons. 

I think it all hinges on finding a proper function to call. Then only thing to do would be to bind that key to that function. However, I might be totally wrong on this

Hmm, I suppose if the support is there in the game itself, I could try to make a simple CBA addon to use their modded controls interface for setting the key / key combo. I haven't modded for Arma before, but suspect I could catch on with some study. I'm just surprised that nobody has done this before :huh:.

Regarding the X-52P MFD,

I started looking into coding "pages" as they're called for the X52P's MFD display, and I've found a C++ wrapper for the Saitek DirectOutput API. But, seeing as Saitek forums was shut down in 2014 and there aren't any archives, I'm having trouble finding any resources as to what exactly the next step would be. This is all a little too advanced for me :/.

It may be a few weeks (starting college classes soon), but I'll get back to this thread or start a new one with my findings...

Any help or research on either of those topics would be appreciated greatly!