Hi!

Im getting max 40FPS looking at the sea or the ground and i get 15 in the city and just looking at the city I get 25 and driving around I get 30fps.

If i change my settings from ULTRA to LOW there isnt much FPS difference.

I have my Arma3 instaled on SSD.

My specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (i bought it 2 weeks ago)

CPU: Intel® Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90Hz

Memory 8.00 GB RAM (7.98 usable)

I have 4 Cores and 4 Threads.

I have been looking at videos and forums and nothing helps. I've got better PC then some of my friends and they run arma3 just fine.

Please help me!

There's a ton of material about boosting your FPS on youtube, reddit, steam guides. 

Sounds about right. Something has changed in the game since the last update. I would wait until a new update comes out to possibly see improvements. I dont think you'll be able to tweak your way out of this.   I wouldn't waste your time too much. However, 

1- Try nvidia experience 'optimize' then 500 view and 500 objects as a baseline until next patch.  then bump up from there to where acceptable for you. 

2- Or update you to processor 4Ghz+ and new RAM for immediate fix.

until next patch.  

And you do believe that something is going to change with the next patch? They couldn't do a proper optimization all these years.

Nothing is going to change.

Things to try:

Don't use latest NVidia driver (I tried it and performance was much worse).  I'm using 361.91

Don't install 'NVidia Experience' crap

Make sure you don't have 'Vertical Sync' on

Has to be said, your system is very unbalanced.  You have a very strong GPU but a weak CPU so you will get limited improvement from the graphics card update.

Sounds about right. Something has changed in the game since the last update. I would wait until a new update comes out to possibly see improvements. I dont think you'll be able to tweak your way out of this.   I wouldn't waste your time too much. However, 

1- Try nvidia experience 'optimize' then 500 view and 500 objects as a baseline until next patch.  then bump up from there to where acceptable for you. 

2- Or update you to processor 4Ghz+ and new RAM for immediate fix.

The latest update is the first version of arma I have played so I hope that next update is gonna fix my stuff.

I agree with 'Don't install "NVidia Experience' crap". That software screwed up my system many moons ago!

In my humble opinion the i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90Hz is your weakest component.

Be very selective in the game's graphics options.

What O/S and resolution are you using?

And you do believe that something is going to change with the next patch? They couldn't do a proper optimization all these years.

Nothing is going to change.

I believe that no amount of tweaking will help him without a new processor. Yes, with next patch I bet there will be some noticeable, minor improvement.  

btw, I only mentioned nvidia experience because bonking everything down to low isn't going to do anything except make his game look worse. Just a shortcut. OP needs a new processor yesterday.  

Check this out op too: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193394-arma-3-sudden-fps-drop-after-installing-apex/

I agree with 'Don't install "NVidia Experience' crap". That software screwed up my system many moons ago!

In my humble opinion the i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90Hz is your weakest component.

Be very selective in the game's graphics options.

What O/S and resolution are you using?

Well my fps stays the same if I have my game set to Ultra/VeryHigh or if I have settings set to low. Even if I set sampling to 50% or 100% fps stays the same. I guess Ill just have to buy new CPU :)

Well my fps stays the same if I have my game set to Ultra/VeryHigh or if I have settings set to low. Even if I set sampling to 50% or 100% fps stays the same. I guess Ill just have to buy new CPU :)

No brainer. 

Keep this is mind too in re to your 8GBRAM:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/156993-arma-3-cpu-vs-ram-performance-comparison-1600-2133-up-to-15-fps-gain/