O.Languedoc

Oil Rig Composition

Hey all, 

Having some fun with the composition tool in 3den. Loving it and wanted to share a little project we have in our group for naval missions.

I tried to build an oil rig with the parts I had on hand. 

Here are some pictures

The helipad has now changed since then. The helicopter were exploding 3 out of 4 time i landed. Made a new one with a piece a wall from apex. Works great now.

I would have loved the Helipad from the Hospital on Altis.. but its not an object. What is missing in the editor now are some simple things : different type of wall piece, floor piece and different kind of doors with their frame.The floor i made is ugly and composed of so many duplicates. The amount of poly in the floor is crazy.... 

Mods used : Cup, Mbg KillHouses, EmBuildings, Apex

Cheers

• Like 3

That is beautiful. I love how you used the assets in a manor that (Without close Inspection) appeared to be made for the purposes you used them for. I wonder though. How do AI Fair onboard the rig? 

Lovely work O.Languedoc,

Is there anyway to board it from sea level?

I am looking for a good oil rig for a spec ops mission I am making.

Kind regards,

ItchiBuh

@PolyG

Didnt try ai yet but I guess that they Will fall in the sea since there is not Pathfinding on the plate-forme itself. I guess that ares instant garrison script would work since most of the objects in there have pathfinding. Patrols on the rig won't work I think.

@ItchiBuh

Yes it is. You can access the rig via the 4 pillars at water level. There is a ladder on each one.

----

Once i'am done I'll post a download link.

• Like 1

This looks great, good work.

What would be missing if i just used vanilla arma apex?

Thanks

Finally AI don't like it at all & garrison don't work since the buildings are up in the air and not on the ground I think. Gonna have to use disable move in the unit I think

Yes, thank you. I wasnt clear. What objects from the composition would be missing, as I dont have Killhouse or Embuildings.

THanks,

Mbgkillhouse mod & EmBuildings mod & Cup terrain

I so wish one of these was made with proper pathing for ai...

Would add a ton to maps with ocean.

Will check this out!

• Like 1

@ItchiBuh

Yes it is. You can access the rig via the 4 pillars at water level. There is a ladder on each one.

----

Once i'am done I'll post a download link.

Hi O.Languedoc,

Thanks for the quick reply.
That is awesome news. I hope there will be someone that have some good ideas about how to get AI to work on the rig. Looking forward to see it in game :)

Keep up the good work dude.

/ItchiBuh
  • Like 1