Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

Sync'd ORBAT Module Overwrites Group ID

Hey there,

I'm experiencing a strange thing. I have synchronised an ORBAT Group module to a group leader in order to get the ORBAT marker to follow the group around on the map. It works fine though synchronising it seems to overwrite the actual group ID (callsign) set in the group leader's init. To make it worse, it doesn't even take the textShort attribute for the new callsign, it uses the full text. So instead of a fancy callsign like "Crossroads", you'll get "3rd Mechanised Platoon" showing up in side chats and radio conversations. I've tried to re-assign the old group ID via script in-game but unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour or even has a fix to offer? (Other than just not synchronising the module which is what I'll temporarily go for.)

I believe it's always been like that, but yeah, would be nice to have an option to enable an actual callsign other than the ORBAT's callsign.
I'll fiddle around with it for a bit.

I've already found a solution (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185413-feedback-do-you-use-bis-fnc-xxxxx-functions-if-you-do/page-6#entry3081070) but in order to make it work with the module, you'd have to create a mod that overwrites the original module config. Thus, leaving this one to BI seems the better option.