I posted this mission already on Armaholic forum, but, as its usually the case, it got owerlooked, so I will post it alsow here.

PARTISAN ACTION

d3T7GA.jpg

Description:
Play as partisan female sharpshooter Sofia Synetós and provide fire support while an attack on a enemy village.
This is just small simple mission, where I tested how things work in ArmA 3 compared to ArmA 2. It was originaly designed to be part of a campaign, that tooks place before The East Wind story, but, then I found out, that there are at least 3 campaigns with this theme already, so I canceled the project. Hope some people can have fun with it, the way it is.

Features:
-You play as female partisan sharpshooter.
-Fully voice acted. Most of it is dubbed by me, the rest is just text-to-speech program, as it would not be good only with my voice.

-All partisans have changed equipement including clothing to the way I imagine querillas should look like.
-Small intro cutscene.
-Custom notification icons.
-You can select from some weapons before mission.

Version:

Known issues:
-An error pops up in the mission briefing. It started to occure since I removed sound mod and even though I tryed to resolve this problem with several ways, I just can’t get rid of it.
-Music does not want to play when shooting starts (a bug related to the problem above??).
Oather, than that the mission works fine.

Instalation:
Extract the .7z file into your ArmA 3 Missions folder.

Requirements:

FEMAL3 Standalone

Recomanded Addons:
Realistic Damage Coefficient

Download

• Like 4

Hey Slovakialynx, I enjoyed this mission.  I haven't played a sniper mission in awhile, and it was good and just challenging enough.  Good solid mission!

• Enjoyed the Slovak song, but insertion a bit long.
  • Everything worked.  No bugs.
  • Liked the location, and the fact you need to move parallel to the assault teams to continue supporting them.
  • Enemy sniper added tension...I couldn't figure out his position.
  • Mill sniper effect very cool.
  • Don't love the generated voices.  Ask for volunteer voice actors, and I bet you will get them.
  • You may want to add some enemies in houses (I think there was one).  Randomized positions even better.
  • Perhaps an enemey reinforcements vehicle arriving would be interesting also.

Question:  In the editor, where can I find the Female unit in the Eden Editor?  I'm considering using it for my own mission, but didn't see it under any faction.

Thank you very much, Im glad you enjoyed it!

I agree, that the insertion is a bit too long, but I wanted at least most of the song to be played and you can just speed up time, if its boring for you ;)

I alsow agree about the generated voices. I once asked some people for dubbing in my ArmA 2 campaign. At first they said Ok, but then just remained silent... Thats why I preffer to do it on my own. Do you even think I coud find a girl here for that??

There are 3 enemy officers inside the HQ buldings. The 2 ones you dindt notice probably got wasted by attacking forces. I could add more enemies inside village houses thought. even randomly generated.

There is no female unit in the editor. You need to script the face with setIdentity command. in my case: p10 setIdentity sofia.

Then, define in descpription.ext:

class CfgIdentities
{
class Sofia
{
name="Sofia Synetos";
face="Tyler";
glasses="Headgear_H_Bandanna_gry";
speaker="Male04GRE";
pitch=1.45;
};
class Helena
{
name="Helen Aichmiros";
face="Oakes";
glasses="Headgear_H_Bandanna_sgg";
speaker="Male03GRE";
pitch=1.4;
};

};

Thanks for the feedback!

PS: did the error in briefing pop in your case? Did music played buring mission (exept the song, thtas the only music that seems to play in my case)?

I agree, that the insertion is a bit too long, but I wanted at least most of the song to be played and you can just speed up time, if its boring for you ;)

Hah, I see, you are sentimental for your home country music.  Not a problem.

I can see that recruiting female voices would be a challenge so there are only 2 female players world-wide. ;)

Regarding guys in building, since player is not clearing town, it does not matter.  Forget that suggestion.  (Unless you put them in a window facing the sniper position, so sniper has a chance of seeing him).

I did get an error after intro: "No entry in config.....cfgWeapons.smokeshell".  Does not hurt the mission though.

The only music I remember hearing was in the intro, and during truck insertion.

And finally, thanks for the details on how to implement the female soldier via CfgIdentities!

I can see that recruiting female voices would be a challenge so there are only 2 female players world-wide. ;)

Regarding guys in building, since player is not clearing town, it does not matter.  Forget that suggestion.  (Unless you put them in a window facing the sniper position, so sniper has a chance of seeing him).

I did get an error after intro: "No entry in config.....cfgWeapons.smokeshell".  Does not hurt the mission though.

The only music I remember hearing was in the intro, and during truck insertion.

And finally, thanks for the details on how to implement the female soldier via CfgIdentities!

Thats what I mean ;)

Yes, I have thought about placing them in front of windows to positions where the player could see them, othervise it would be nonsence.

I dont know what the hell is cousing that. I tryed to remove the sound mod depandancies from mission.sqm, remove smoke shells from all figures, running the mission without mods, etc, but none worked. Music should alsow start playing when action starts. At first it did, but from some point it didnt want to play anymore.

No problem, you are mostly welcome :)

Sorry for the late post. I thought no one replied, as no mail came.

• Like 1