ahmedslimkw

Arma 3 sudden FPS drop after installing apex

Hello, So before i installed apex i get solid 60 - 50 fps in Altis however i recently downloaded tanoa and my fps dropped drasticly from 60 onto 20 fps without any AI in altis, With AI its literally unplayable. I have tried restarting Arma 3, Disabling mods, Restarted computer with absolutely no avail... Here are my specs

d3872f18f16da161a3815d7f9b0f242d.png
https://gyazo.com/d3872f18f16da161a3815d7f9b0f242d

I really do not know whats the problem after installing apex and its becoming unplayable to the point that i really cannot continue playing in altis and completing my campaign... Needless to say my computer died when i opened Tanoa but at least i supported BI.

Here are my graphics setting by the way:

https://gyazo.com/0932b1181c58691d32e692ad579027c6

Any help is greatly appreciated! Kind of unfortunate how my fps dropped really bad and i couldnt do anything except go on Virtual Reality... Arma 3 campaign is pretty unplayable and user-made missions are unplayable as im having 18 fps with just a couple of AI around. 20 fps without any AI...

Thank you all! At least i got that new off-road anyway...

Edited by Velocity-Overdrive

Same here to be honest. 

Same here to be honest. 

We share our sufferings :P I hope we can find the solution!

have you tried nvidia experience 'optimize settings' for arma3....then drop visibility and objects to 500 as your bottom floor? Id start there

then see how you do on altis vs tanoa. 

However, my guess is you should just wait for an upcoming patch before you get all discouraged tweaking.  Id bet theres some optimization tweaking on the way that you can't fix on your end no matter what you do (although you do need new hardware for sure) 

have you tried nvidia experience 'optimize settings' for arma3....then drop visibility and objects to 500 as your bottom floor? Id start there

then see how you do on altis vs tanoa. 

However, my guess is you should just wait for an upcoming patch before you get all discouraged tweaking.  Id bet theres some optimization tweaking on the way that you can't fix on your end no matter what you do (although you do need new hardware for sure)

Thanks for the info! Il use what you said apparently about nvidia expirence. So one thing for sure is I do need new hardware but I couldn't afford one for now... I disabled apex to see what will happen to the FPS then now I ended up having to download it again...

FPS still the same somehow without apex.

Its really strange somehow, especially because it affects Altis too, pre-Apex i got solid 40 FPS on Ultra with 4000m Viewdistance.

I've got a AMD FX-6300 Hexacore, a GTX770 and 8GB RAM never had a problem with Arma before.

Surprisingly enough... Im running it quite better ATM. I uninstalled apex cause of the severe lag and would install it back after i get a new hardware..

Thanks for the help! The 500 object display and my fps bumped up quite high.

@Eagle1992 definitely strange... With apex i cant run altis and run stratis in 30 fps... Without apex everything is fine.

Thank you all!

What OS are you running?

/KC

Since MS forced a big update to all W10 computers past week I would check if it was around the same time you got problem. Lots of people have had issues...

/KC

Since MS forced a big update to all W10 computers past week I would check if it was around the same time you got problem. Lots of people have had issues...

/KC

Hmm that's strange, I actually downloaded W10 voluntarily months ago and had a FPS boost somehow. It was months ago when windows 10 was released and il usually have steady FPS.

The problem apparently isn't persisting a lot now I'm getting 30-20 when I removed apex but in cities it's a gg on FPS. Also when moving around the editor I'm lagging a lot.

Thanks for your help!

Hmm that's strange, I actually downloaded W10 voluntarily months ago and had a FPS boost somehow. It was months ago when windows 10 was released and il usually have steady FPS.

But that DL did not include the "Anniversary Update". That big update have most likely been force fed to you and if the time correlates with the APEX it could be the culprit since some people have various issues after the AU update.

Not saying it is the issue but I would at least check, if you search you will find issues people have  - including loosing complete HD partitions!!!

Forced updates are one of the reasons I never will touch W10 even with a 2 m stick.

/KC

But that DL did not include the "Anniversary Update". That big update have most likely been force fed to you and if the time correlates with the APEX it could be the culprit since some people have various issues after the AU update.

Not saying it is the issue but I would at least check, if you search you will find issues people have  - including loosing complete HD partitions!!!

Forced updates are one of the reasons I never will touch W10 even with a 2 m stick.

/KC

Oh! The anniversary update, I do remember shutting down my laptop post apex and it updating! So that must be the problem, il check and tell you what I find.

Thank you so much!

I should have not update to windows 10 and kept windows 8... Had good FPS when my laptop was brand new.

/KC

Oh the anniversary update! I do remember before going outside to shop I closed my laptop and it started updating... So that must be the problem, il go search online and find a solution hopefully!

Thank you for your help! (ATM my FPS is crap around 10 FPS in cities and 20 in tiny towns and 30 in the wilderness.)

hi arma fuck up since apex update! mega FPS problem / bug or whatever...

my hardware

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz  Skylake 14nm Technologie

RAM: 16,0 GB

Motherboard:  ASRock Z170 Gaming K4

graphic card:  GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA) 4095 MB

Hard Drive: Corsair Force GT (SSD)

I play  tanoa are between 20 to 45 fps that's ridiculous...

hi arma fuck up since apex update! mega FPS problem / bug or whatever...

my hardware

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz  Skylake 14nm Technologie

RAM: 16,0 GB

Motherboard:  ASRock Z170 Gaming K4

graphic card:  GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA) 4095 MB

Hard Drive: Corsair Force GT (SSD)

I play  tanoa are between 20 to 45 fps that's ridiculous...

Have you verified your game cache, defragged your HD, downloaded the latest drivers etc?

What you seems to have in common are W10. Since around the Apex release MS forced a big update on your computers and quite a few had problems after the update. Maybe your issues are related to that?

/KC

Okay so I apparently forgotten about this thread and I thought I posted my results, woops.

So after fine tweaking and lowering the render distance to 500 I can finally run Altis in 60 FPS and 40 in medium battles while in tanoa I run it in 40 FPS without any battle going and when a battle happens 20-30 FPS!

Thank you all to those who commented and helped me and everyone!

My graphics setting is pretty much everything low, nothing in high just low.

Have you verified your game cache, defragged your HD, downloaded the latest drivers etc?

defragged your HD ??? have fun doing a ssd to defragged !!!

my os is up to date and my hardware also... I've tried a lot but there is no improvement in sight. the problem lies with arma!

arma is a performance joke with since apex! :angry: