JFisher

TRYK Multiplay-Uniforms Fix

EFiIVui.png

I really enjoy using TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms pack but recently I noticed that the vests in the pack all have an armor value of 0. I made a fix config file for all vests in the mod.

At the moment this mod is just a config file that adds the armor value to the vests, it does not include any files of the TRYK pack.
Thereby the mods depends on having the full version of TRYK Multi-Play Uniforms installed.
This mod acts like a temporary fix until the mod itself gets updated.

Just install this mod and run it together with TRYK's pack and it will fix it.

Depends: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172261-tryks-multi-play-uniforms/

Downloads:

9T0Xn43.png
Google Drive Download (v1.2)

news_download_a3_3.png
TRYK Multiplay-Uniforms Fix (v1.2)

banner-420x120.png?1470843316
PlayWithSix download (v1.2)

steamworkshop.png

Steam Workshop Download (v1.2)

Changelog:

V1.2

- Changed armor value to more realistic value's

- Fixed No Armor Description

- Fixed the Pilot Vests

V1.1

- Public Release

- Fixed PBO Signs

- Added Keys

V1.0

- Release

Credit to Tryk for this awesome pack!

• Like 7

Good to see man, there was actually already a patch that fixed the TRYK uniforms but it removed the non NVG items and wasn't keyd from memory. So it's good to see a proper fix for the new ballistics system that was introduced so many patches ago.

As reported many times, it's probable that TRYKs mod will NOT be updated. That is BAD, because it is/was? one of the most complete pack around. THANK you for your effort, as I enjoy using it.

• Like 2

Hey man, just a quick bug report. None of the TRYK Carrier Rigs or Carrier Rig Lights have any armor. They appear to have armor in the arsenal. But once they are in your inventory if you hover your mouse over the vest instead of saying Armor Level IV (like the vanilla vests) they say NO ARMOR.

Also the wearers can be one shot killed with just about any gun from just about any distance while wearing those vests.

As reported many times, it's probable that TRYKs mod will NOT be updated. That is BAD, because it is/was? one of the most complete pack around. THANK you for your effort, as I enjoy using it.

I had some contact with TRYK on twitter, only he seemed holding back on this project. I'll try to talk to him about it. Although he seemed very happy that I made this patch/fix :)

• Like 1

I wish he would take one of the patches are release his mod with so it's one download. Most people don't or won't download additional stuff.

• Like 1

Sparfell has already made something similar but its good to see someone step up and help keep a mod like TRYK viable for the whole ARMA 3 community. AFAIK like zagor64bz has mentioned, due to hardware failure, the source files for the TRYK mod were lost over a year ago, so basically the author would have to remake the whole thing if he plans on continuing. For the time being though it is very much a core mod for my unit, along with Zabb's TAC vests.

I wish he would take one of the patches are release his mod with so it's one download. Most people don't or won't download additional stuff.

He may have his own reasons, as an addon maker he may not have the time to support the addon.

So does this run as a seperate mod, or can I put the files in my current TRYK "addons" folder and have it work?

~S

This fix does not repair the error problem - No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/iteminfo.scope'.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Any chance you can do the helmets as well?  I suck at configs  :)

Hey man, just a quick bug report. None of the TRYK Carrier Rigs or Carrier Rig Lights have any armor. They appear to have armor in the arsenal. But once they are in your inventory if you hover your mouse over the vest instead of saying Armor Level IV (like the vanilla vests) they say NO ARMOR.

Also the wearers can be one shot killed with just about any gun from just about any distance while wearing those vests.

Carrier Rigs like these: http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products/Magazine%20Carrier%20Chest%20Rig%20120413%2001.JPGdon't have any armor in it by default most of the time, its just pouches from soft material that allows you to carry allong more magazines. Although it has almost no balistic protection, it has a harder passtrough value.

But I will look into the rest of it, lets see if I can fix it :)

So does this run as a seperate mod, or can I put the files in my current TRYK "addons" folder and have it work?

~S

You can also put it in there. although, if you are playing on servers they also need to run the fix. I would love to bring it out implemented in the pack itself but we can't release others work like that, I'm currently still trying to contact TRYK himself about releasing a patch for the main pack.

This fix does not repair the error problem - No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/iteminfo.scope'.

This is another problem, don't worry about it though, its nothing huge. I'm not even sure if its from TRYK's pack, ill test it later.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Any chance you can do the helmets as well?  I suck at configs  :)

For me the helmets had proper armor values already, but I can also look into redoing them :)

Carrier Rigs like these: http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products/Magazine%20Carrier%20Chest%20Rig%20120413%2001.JPGdon't have any armor in it by default most of the time, its just pouches from soft material that allows you to carry allong more magazines. Although it has almost no balistic protection, it has a harder passtrough value.

No

The ones like in this picture:

tryk-multi-play-uniforms-094b-4_4.png

They have statistics similar to the Vanilla items. But when you hover your mouse over them when they're in your inventory they say "NO ARMOR" where the vanilla ones which are exactly the same say "ARMOR LEVEL IV"

No

The ones like in this picture:

They have statistics similar to the Vanilla items. But when you hover your mouse over them when they're in your inventory they say "NO ARMOR" where the vanilla ones which are exactly the same say "ARMOR LEVEL IV"

hiddenSelections[] = {};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {};

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {};

descriptionShort = "Armor Level XXX";    

class ItemInfo: VestItem

hiddenSelections[] = {};

Zabb is implying that the armor level message you're talking about Rekkless, is entirely cosmetical and does not have to represent actual armour values given to the vest in config.

Zabb, not everyone's a modder :P

Zabb is implying that the armor level message you're talking about Rekkless, is entirely cosmetical and does not have to represent actual armour values given to the vest in config.

Zabb, not everyone's a modder :P

Well I'm certainly no modder, if the issue is merely cosmetic then so be it, no problem. I could have sworn I was being 1 shot killed in those vests but perhaps I was just unlucky.

Well I'm certainly no modder, if the issue is merely cosmetic then so be it, no problem. I could have sworn I was being 1 shot killed in those vests but perhaps I was just unlucky.

Remeber it also depends on where you were getting hit at. If you get hit where there is no armor it could have been a 1 shot kill. Where there is no body armor there is no additional protection.

hiddenSelections[] = {};

Thanks, Yeah I get it now, this has no effect on gameplay, although its a nice little detail, will put it in soon :)

Any chance we could upload this to play with six ? :D

http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/LOpWpELa6k6OdJ-sWGK1Yg/tryk-multiplay-uniforms-fix

(Currently awaiting approval) Edit: Its approved :)

• Like 1