Sign in to follow this  
tangofox

Eden editor / units get "lost"

Hello there,

recently I've got a huge problem with the editor. My english is not the best, but I will try to explain it:

I set up the mission as I did several times before and all of a sudden this happens to some if not all units marked as player or playable:

- I can not see selection boxes (3d) or circles (2d) around them, actually in 2d they are invisible

- In the entity list the blue box (for blufor) box on the left side of group name becomes a red square, units boxes stay blue

- They obviously change faction, but still are listet as blufor

- I can delete them all but the last one

- When I try to change this last units type, the game crashes

I tried to google this, but due to the lack of vocabulary and thus being unable to describe the problem corrctly  I was unable to find anything useful. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance...

Tobi

Well that is a really strange problem

I tried to google your problem for you but with no success

Are you using any editor mods?

If you make another mission is the problem still there?

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I am not using any editor mods, BUT (siily me) I was using alive, tfar, c2 and vcom. And deactivating the last two seems to get rid of the problem. I'll try to narrow it down later. For your second question, yes, that happened in all my mission, i tried to set up. It's kind of strange, that the problem occurs at a random point in time while doing nothing special, like I could pin it down to one action, that triggers it.

Glad you found a fix. Maybe the editor problems will be fixed if you update the mods you are using. If that works you won't have to enable and disable the mods each time you want to edit a mission

i noticed this problem as well as BleuFor player chars  switching to Opfor side 

i have Alive & C2 from the list above    as i did not noticed it with Alive before i think it could be a problem with C2  i am going to check now