sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Hey there! I was wondering if it would be possible for a separate mod to be made for just the aircraft and vehicles provided in UNSUNG. I loved the mod, however I wasn't a big fan of the random voices being played in the Zeus module, and i wasn't a fan of the textures that replaced the new and old equipment in inventory screen.

The issues weren't that big of a deal to me, however i'll shamefully admit that i was interested in the mod because of the various aircraft that came with it.

If it's not possible to separate the vehicles into a new mod, then it's fine, as i've had a lot of fun with the main mod, and will most likely plan on playing it again later.

Cheers!

yes, we'll get right on it. we don't like those shitty parts of our mod either. we will throw them all out and make you a special mod all to your self. what did you want us to call it?

• Like 2

Yeah we'll call it the UNGRATEFUL Vietnam war mod.... FFS man really ?  :huh: 

• Like 3

Woah guys, i didn't mean to sound hostile, as I stated, I had a lot of fun with the mod, it's just there was a few things that kinda turned me off was all.

I only came here to ask if it was possible for some content of the mod to be split, as i feel that some people (my self obviously included) would want some of the features, instead of all of it.

A simple yes or no was all I was asking for, and i can see that i stirred up a hornets nest by asking this question.

My apologies for sounding ungrateful when i did not mean to do so.

we were just a little "turned off" by you and your question. Hopefully our sarcasm hasn't done too much psychological damage ;)

• Like 1

Nah not that much damaged, just a bit surprised on the reaction received at first lol. I know people like me must be a major ass to deal with, and my apologies for being one of them.

I suppose i'll be leaving the thread now that i've received my answer, thanks for the great mod.

couple of sweet demo vids:

a 1hr gameplay movie with shermanator's unit

and an awesome machinima from Fowler at 25th ID

• Like 4

I'm getting an error game dependent on deleted content uns_backpacks when hosting on a TADST dedicated server.

Things I have done:

I checked to see if I have the pbo. I do.

Mod is open. I am editing my mission in the editor in Da Krong

Opened google

Problem occured before and you guys never answered the question in the bravo thread.

Then barden said this on your forums just the other day:

I've only seen this once before with no cause or know how why it is happening. The only thing we found that worked is placing a backpack and tripod/gunbag in the editor somewhere off map and I think that fixed it.

I seriously don't know where this is coming from though as I've only seen this once before for the months this mod has been out. Sorry if this doesn't help, and I'm unsure if reinstalling is the best option here.

Thanks for trying our mod anyway and apologies for the inconvenience.

How do you place an object "off map"

The weirdest thing. I had tested this mission last night on my dedi and it just stopped working this morning. This problem is gonna be bad for you guys because more and more people are gonna get it and just stop with your mod.

UPDATE: BARDEN'S solution worked for me. Recorded here on the BI forums. Off map means off the terrain. I had some idea like there was some sort of cyber nether I had to put it in like what alive does. No its not that complicated.

it will only be bad for us if the problem is repeatable. so far you are the second only person to have this problem, other than devildoggamer during his streaming session. i looked at his missions for him and could not detect the cause. none of my missions suffer from it. i can only guess you are using some tool that i do not, like the 3den editor attributes or something. it must be some weird BI new fangled juju. or maybe using ACE or some other addon that is making this issue happen.

please provide complete recreation steps for the error. send me the mission in pm, with step bysetep how to make the error happen. do not use other mods please

I think I am the fourth. Some guy during Bravo thread had this problem and then there was some other dude who had the problem on your forums, and then falcon911 who you were talking with on your forums. Same guy? IDK I didnt check the names.

Yes indeed I did use the enhanced eden editor in the creation of my mission as well as ares. Those are the two clientside editor mods that I had running during the mission. I also had Zeus gamemaster as well.

I did my full scenario and a simple template mission both with the enhanced eden editor. That could be the problem.

The only other mod I have combined with my scenario is ALIVE and CBA. And I know you guys have been doing extensive work with ALIVE mapping groups and indexing Da Krong map.

re ALIVE - not us, but other community members i think. maybe open dome (who recently joined us) did some of this work. i have not seen it as it is not part of our mod

from what you say it seems to be asking for a pbo that is already there "uns_backpacks"

my feeling is that ALIVE or something else is adding backpacks to the mission dynamically, and somehow doing it incorrectly

i opened the pbo from charlie release:

pboprefix is correct

uns_backpacks
prefix=uns_backpacks

config is named correctly, although note case difference - if something is sensitive maybe it would cause a problem

class CfgPatches
{
	class UNS_Backpacks
	{
		units[] = {"UNS_Alice_SOG","UNS_Alice_DEM","UNS_Alice_MED","UNS_Ammopack","UNS_Alice_F1","UNS_Alice_F2","UNS_Alice_F3","UNS_Alice_F4","UNS_Alice_F5","UNS_Alice_F6","UNS_Alice_F7","UNS_Alice_F8","UNS_Alice_F9","UNS_Alice_F10","UNS_Alice_F11","UNS_Alice_FR","UNS_Alice_1","UNS_Alice_2","UNS_Alice_3","UNS_Alice_4","UNS_Alice_5","UNS_Alice_6","UNS_ARMY_RTO","UNS_ARMY_RTO2","UNS_SF_RTO","UNS_ARMY_MED","UNS_USMC_E1","UNS_USMC_E2","UNS_USMC_E3","UNS_USMC_E4","UNS_USMC_E5","UNS_USMC_R1","UNS_USMC_R2","UNS_USMC_R3","UNS_USMC_MED","UNS_USMC_RTO","UNS_USMC_RTO2","UNS_TROP_R1","UNS_TROP_R2","UNS_TROP_R3","UNS_NVA_RTO","UNS_NVA_RPG","UNS_NVA_MED","UNS_NVA_R1","UNS_NVA_RC"};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F","uns_main"};
		version = "2016-6-28";
	};
};

so there's nothing really wrong with the pbo

without an unbinarized copy of your mission folder to explore i cannot help further sorry

my evo has this mission pbo list

addons[]=
{
	"A3_Ui_F",
	"uns_Arty_c",
	"A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads",
	"uns_m113_c",
	"NAM_Objects",
	"uns_ammo_c",
	"UNS_Buildings",
	"uns_wheeled3",
	"uns_uh1d_c",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagBunker",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagFence",
	"UNS_Village",
	"uns_ksobjects",
	"uns_static_c",
	"uns_AAA_c",
	"UNS_Buildings2",
	"CSJ_UH1Gun_c",
	"uns_A1J_c",
	"uns_f100_c",
	"uns_skymaster_c",
	"uns_PBR_c",
	"uns_boats_c",
	"uns_men_US_25ID",
	"uns_men_USAF",
	"uns_civ",
	"uns_men_NVA_recon_65",
	"uns_men_NVA_crew",
	"uns_wheeled_e_c",
	"uns_men_NVA_65",
	"A3_Modules_F",
	"UNS_sampan",
	"pook_H13_c",
	"uns_dc3_c",
	"uns_AH1G_c",
	"uns_ch47a_c",
	"uns_firebase",
	"A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",
	"uns_flags",
	"uns_M113A1_c",
	"uns_A4_c"
};

no mention of uns_backpacks as a requirement even though in the game i spawn them in like this

//backpacks, goggles and vests
	_EGG_fillpackbox =
	{
		_rank = _this select 0;
		_vec = _this select 1;
		clearWeaponCargo _vec;
		clearMagazineCargo _vec;
		clearbackpackcargo _vec;
		clearItemCargo _vec;

switch (_rank) do
		{
			 case 0:
			{
//PACKS
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["UNS_Alice_1",1];
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["UNS_USMC_E1",1];
//etc
//backpacks
    if (!isNil "ammobox5") then {deletevehicle ammobox5;}; ammobox5 = (EGG_EVO_crates Select 3) createVehicleLocal getmarkerpos "ammob5";ammobox5 setpos getmarkerpos "ammob5";[_playerrank,ammobox5] call _EGG_fillpackbox;

and like this

//weapon packs
	_EGG_fillpackbox_W =
	{
		_rank = _this select 0;
		_vec = _this select 1;
		clearWeaponCargo _vec;
		clearMagazineCargo _vec;
		clearbackpackcargo _vec;
		clearItemCargo _vec;

switch (_rank) do
		{
			_vec addBackpackCargo ["uns_Tripod_Bag",10];
			 case 0:
			{
//PACKS
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["uns_M60_low_US_Bag",1];
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["Uns_US_searchlight_Bag",1];
			};
			 case 1:
			{
//PACKS
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["uns_M60_low_US_Bag",1];
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["uns_M2_60mm_mortar_US_Bag",1];
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["Uns_US_searchlight_Bag",1];
				_vec addBackpackCargo ["uns_pk_low_NVA_Bag",1];
			};

etc etc
	if (!isNil "ammobox7") then {deletevehicle ammobox7;}; ammobox7 = (EGG_EVO_crates Select 6) createVehicleLocal getmarkerpos "ammob7";ammobox7 setpos getmarkerpos "ammob7";[_playerrank,ammobox7] call _EGG_fillpackbox_W;

so as you can see i am happily spawning in dynamically the packs - both backpack (uns_backpacks) and static weapon backpack (uns_static_packs - this was devildogs popup)

without any popups in my VANILLA mission.

therefore it is VERY LIKELY due to you using a mod.

my friend also had an unsung mission this session where it did the same thing. He did not use alive but like me he used eden enhanced. I think this is where the problem is isolated. Shit just don't work when you use eden enhanced and this mod. Its the only thing our missions had in common other than both of us using UNSUNG.

nice pics!

@texkaz - if yo usend me your mission in a format i can text edit i will take a look into how 3den is changing the mod, also how it lists the addons to load etc.

I use the @eden Enhanced all the time and never have had this problem. We play on a server with 5 to 7 people.

For anyone reporting a bug in their mission please send me in pm a text file format of your mission

I.e deselect binarize when you save as

Hopefully you would already have removed any mod dependencies too

And then rar the mission folder and upload it somewhere like mega.nz

Expecting us to stop working on the mod so we can subscribe to your mission on steam and then attempt to find the pbo

And then debin it

Only to find a binned mission.sqm and loads of external mod dependencies is a bit cheeky and not the way to go if you hope for any help

• Like 2

So I have a few questions: How do you use the life raft? How do you use the knives? Is brown water a thing or it isn't implemented yet?

Not yet, not yet, bi update made it so we can't

knives and life raft functions have been pushed to ECHO

• Like 1

For those of you asking me for an ALiVE compatibility mod here it is! This is the current version until some of the fixes get rolled out into the ORBAT. Right now I only have PAVN and the USMC done for Charlie (Ive been working on a bunch for our Delta release) but Ill be making more for charlie in the new while here. 

USMC 1967 (UNSUNG_W_USMC_65) (3rd Battalion 4th Marines for the primary force, 3rd Force Recon Company for the SF force, supported by the 25th ID for ground vehicles, and the Navy for CAS aircraft (All marine used aircraft))

PAVN 1967 (UNSUNG_E_PAVN_67) (40th VC Battalion, 1st regiment main force, 4th VC Battalion, 12th Regiment Recon Force, VC Village Geurillas primarily for ground troops with some 8th Battalion 66th Regiment NVA and 4th Battalion 21st Regiment Recon and Dac Cong for their SF)

Civilians (UNSUNG_C)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03862111751053266311

• Like 7

Hey Guys looks good. I use to work on the Unsung Mod a while back. I was contacted by Bigstone and Savage regarding obtaining past work. I've had some computer issues the last while and finally got it sorted and located all my mod files binned and raw. If you guys are still interested let me know where I can send them, they will be huge files mostly plants and islands. Cheers

• Like 5

thank fuck you're back! please can you add me on skype: rgraham.ld or login i have you on there from before.

really keen to resurrect Ashau Valley

• Like 1

Hey Guys looks good. I use to work on the Unsung Mod a while back. I was contacted by Bigstone and Savage regarding obtaining past work. I've had some computer issues the last while and finally got it sorted and located all my mod files binned and raw. If you guys are still interested let me know where I can send them, they will be huge files mostly plants and islands. Cheers

Well well well , He's still alive!!! and brings great news. See all unsung members never die we just go MIA ;)

Nice to see you again mate, Add me sgt_savage75 to skype we have a lot to catch up on old friend :)

• Like 1

This mod looks truly amazing! Especially using the Tanoa trees, plants & foliage. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Enjoy this trailer of the brand new map Song Cu made by Jones.S, trailer made by Fowler [25thID] :)

• Like 2