sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Chas I'm not really understanding what your trying to say , I will offer a piece of friendly advice though .. Don't flame bait.

Besides Egg has blocked your posts so he cant see whatever you type.

I hate config.cpp files :wacko:
i can say that the Static Cannons act like Artillery when the base on the uns_M1_81mm_mortar class

class uns_howitzer_base: uns_M1_81mm_mortar
then aiming works.

they are able to fire, but they don´t do so

it is no ammo problem, if they are configured to use starndard Vanilla 82mm, they also dont fire.

there must be a config entry or class which have to be repeated like Turrets or Optics, i guess.

But i cant find anything usefull?

The mortars should work if they are defined exactly like O_Mortar_01_F etc...

But the Cannons? hmm?

i did define them all exactly from the parent classes. i too was surprised when they just plain failed to work. was the same in arma 2.

i made a copy of the vanilla mortar config

and change the class,model,icon,picture,mainturret,_generalmacro,crew,faction,...

the artillery computer shows no mag amount?

so i changed all mags to vanilla!

the artillery computer still shows no mag amount??

so i removed all turrets and use parent class Mortar_01_base_F turrets

the artillery computer still shows no mag amount???

its not the turret, its not ammo,
the script which have to calculate ETA,Clipsize,... is stop working, not starting or the result is not correct?
without the correct result, the mortar is just shivering one moment.
firing not possible...bla...bla...

i have to find that script and take a look into it...

yeah you are starting to see why we have problems with it. it's not for lack of skill or trying...it's mainly a lack of TIME. afaik NOBODY has ever managed to make custom arty in arma 3.

jepp, take a look at RHS Mortar config

that is working, but, using the same skeleton brings no positive results.

i am afrait, i cant help... sorry, no idea -_-

so RHS has working CUSTOM arty?

They've definitely got mortars that are different models.

They've also got a M119 with a much higher range than the normal mortar.

I'm not sure what customization they've done though in terms of ranges etc.

i have some results....

here is something bad ass

model="";

with UNS config and Vanilla Model, the Mortar works as expected!

with deleted model.cfg nothing changes.
I am not able to open any .p3d files, the Objectbuilder Tool crashes even opening vanilla p3d files???
I am a script-nerd, i have not really an idea what to do with p3d files :) löl

1.jpg

Those are the 3D model files.  The model.cfg contains the "skeleton" information so the game knows how the model should behave and animate in-game.  You shouldn't delete it :)

setting model = ""   is basically telling it there is no model for that item, which of course is useless for anything other than "logic" or other invisible things.  I would question whether the arty actually "works" with that configuration.  It would imply it does not work since you couldn't see the mortar... if the 3D model (or config) has elevation/rotation limits then the arty logic may not be able to "aim" the arty vehicle correctly, making it appear to never be able to fire.

Arty has been and still is a convoluted process because no documentation exists, so trial and error is the only way to get results.  I got custom arty working in A2 by modifying ONLY the minrange/maxrange/hit/indirecthit values.  It worked in A2:

SCUD_landing.jpg

I even got custom model / proxy values working in the ammo config for the SSBM stuff like my SCUD and 4K51 (silkworm) SSBM missiles.  Again, in A2, the custom silkworm artillery SSBM in-game:

4K51INCOMING.jpg

Fast-forward to last Spring:  I tried the same in A3 with ONLY modified minrange/maxrange values.  Testing in-game for example with my APC pack's Pandur mortar vehicle... and nothing... the distance circles never do move outward from the defaults.  I gave up trying after that.  It seems there are other shenanigans that are undocumented and therefore impossible to find without sheer luck.  Or I just too stupid to figure out the new A3 configs!  :)

ok, then

why a simple 3D Model File can effect the ingame behaviour?
it could be a 3D Potato and it should fire grenades!

if the 3D Model bases on the Vanilla A3 3D Model, it have to work!
what model is the UNSUNG Mortar based on, Arma2 port?
And what are the significant changes here, to Arma3 .p3d files?
Does the Model contain special configured coordinates where the grenades where generated?

I can not understand, that the player is able to fire manually, but KI or ArtilleryComputer cannot fire!
where is the difference between not working and not working?

Ok, i hate Arma3... :ph34r:

model= "";

result is CTD!!!

---------------------------
Arma 3: arma3.exe - Fehler in Anwendung
Die Anweisung in 0x0212e1a0 verweist auf Speicher 0x0000024c. Der Vorgang read konnte nicht im Speicher durchgeführt werden.

Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das Programm zu beenden.
OK   

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Items\placeholder.p3d";

this configuration creates the same error! :D

2.jpg

3.jpg

We have an invalid potato Error!
I get myself a beer now! :couch:

all you need is a valid model.p3d :blink:

this sounds promising. can you explain how you made my config work? which model did you replace in the config for the mortar to aim and fire correctly?

also to define correctly...

load up a a3 mortar - check the artillery computer range zones for close, medium and far.

now load up our version, see the ranges are borked?

so if you remove our model you get the ranges to work properly?

i say this cos you said you had problems firing anything once you started editing the config.

obviously ours fires. it just doesnt land where you want it to (for big guns too - it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't)

however ours does not have the broad spectrum of firing ranges that the a3 mortars does. ours has a thin zone starting too far out to be any use for close support.

the version i released has working eyeball firing - you can aim and fire it pretty well close up just point and fire and correct manually.

but the computer range thing is messed up.

I wonder if it uses some form of zeroing - needing eye and eye_100 and eye_200 etc... unlikely... as that would be in the config, and as you can see i copied the BI config exactly

Oh, first i use your config.cpp...

but than i create a new one based on vanilla classes

O_mortar_01_F
B_mortar_01_F

one man crew
vanilla sounds

i had to minimize error sources...

gimme a PN, i send you your "fixed" config with Vanilla MK6 model
oh, you should not spend time in creating diffrent ammo with diffrent weight or flight behaviour!
nobody ever will recognize any difference. If it works correct, it hits were it have to, if ace3 ballistik is used, it bases on vanilla 82mm shell.
name it 107mm,81mm,60mm etc.... but make sure its all 82mm Vanilla...
compatibility is gold, individuality is silver ;)

all of my configged stuff is cloned direct from BI.

we think we found an answer from Reyhard at RHS though - working on it over next few days.

thanks for helping out!

Hello!

It's awesome how I managed to bring back a bunch of old friends into ArmA (they even bought Apex DLC) as soon as they heard about the UNSUNG mod was back. So far we had a lot of fun. 

As far as I recall, in ArmA 2 there was a compatibility .pbo for ACE. I've read somewhere that it is in your plans to make ace wounds compatible with the UNSUNG, but I haven't been able to confirm if it will be on Delta version. Any developer can confirm that?

Keep it up! Your steam group is also great for news!

unlikely, of the few of us working on the mod right now  i think 1 guy uses ACE, and he's not doing much config stuff.

we need a dedicated ACE conversion person to do this. volunteer if you dare.

oh, there was another nasty bug in dedicated environment.
RHS has this Bug too.

destroyed Vehicles are exploding in massive "chain reaction" - like exposion effects.
this is a serious performance issiue and it drives you crazy^^

Greetz Cyborg

another question just came up about voices in zeus.

this should be the correct solution.

init.sqf

RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1; // (default: 300)
//a number which tells the script at which range in meters from the player the voices should start functioning. 
//Setting it to 0 will effectively pause all voices, and setting it to -1 will terminate all scripts 
//(note that you can't restart the scripts easily after termination, although newly spawned units etc. will get the voices again).

more:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RUG_DSAI

Hey there! I was wondering if it would be possible for a separate mod to be made for just the aircraft and vehicles provided in UNSUNG. I loved the mod, however I wasn't a big fan of the random voices being played in the Zeus module, and i wasn't a fan of the textures that replaced the new and old equipment in inventory screen.

The issues weren't that big of a deal to me, however i'll shamefully admit that i was interested in the mod because of the various aircraft that came with it.

If it's not possible to separate the vehicles into a new mod, then it's fine, as i've had a lot of fun with the main mod, and will most likely plan on playing it again later.

Cheers!

Hey there! I was wondering if it would be possible for a separate mod to be made for just the aircraft and vehicles provided in UNSUNG. I loved the mod, however I wasn't a big fan of the random voices being played in the Zeus module, and i wasn't a fan of the textures that replaced the new and old equipment in inventory screen.

The issues weren't that big of a deal to me, however i'll shamefully admit that i was interested in the mod because of the various aircraft that came with it.

If it's not possible to separate the vehicles into a new mod, then it's fine, as i've had a lot of fun with the main mod, and will most likely plan on playing it again later.

Cheers!

Yes i'm sure the UNSUNG team will spend hours to seperate the parts of their content that you want.

Maybe they'll include steak knives too.

• Like 1