sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

What are the faction names to use for alive? I cant find them anywhere

I found an excel spreadsheet that has individual UNIT classnames, but i cant find anything for the factions (I.e. US Army, NVA, Vietcong, USMC etc.)

I found an excel spreadsheet that has individual UNIT classnames, but i cant find anything for the factions (I.e. US Army, NVA, Vietcong, USMC etc.)

For those who are looking for ALiVE compatibility here is one of the first ones, its set for early conflict US army, NVA, VC.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70160615195179230322

Faction Names:

UNSUNG_W: US Army (1ID/173RD LRRP)

UNSUNG_E: NVA (8th Battalion/Dac Cong)

UNSUNG_EV: VC (40th Battalion)

UNSUNG_C: Civilians

to use it place the file in your mission file and in the ALiVE required modules init put

0 = [] spawn { 
    if (isServer) then { 
        waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"}; 
        call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf"); 
    }; 
};

With how the factions are setup in UNSUNG right now, I will make other formats such as marines and later conflicts which can be substituted. Some known things are the CQB populator draws not from the defined faction mappings but just the faction name in general so it will spawn any units from the faction (eg you may see marines spawn in CQB areas even though the mapping is set for army), and with the VC the faction itself doesnt include naval groups (the VC boats are listed under NVA (UNSUNG_E) so they will not spawn as well as not spawning vehicles as they dont have any under their faction at this point in time. 

;)

You can find them yourself in the editor:

Tools -> Config Viewer

Look for CfgFactionClasses

Hi guys !

Im playing ArmA3 Steam edition with several mods enabled. Im in trouble with .bisign files now. I got error messages showing  like

"Key not found for signature J:\Arma3\@UNSUNG_3.0_Charlie\addons\brg_africa.pbo.UNSUNGcharlie.bisign Test  FAILED !" 

for Unsung mod. Any idea ?

Thanx !

turn off the other mods

if  you still get it, reinstall?

This is a dumb question, but is there anyway to disable enemy chatter and the death screams from the NVA?

it's been answered before in the thread, or one of the unsung threads. you can set dsai disable to 1 in your mission init. not sure the exact term - maybe google it

Is there any way to disable the voices? They're really annoying in Zeus when running the mod but not playing with Unsung content. They keep screaming random stuff. my group isn't really into AI voices that much.

Is there any way to disable the voices? They're really annoying in Zeus when running the mod but not playing with Unsung content. They keep screaming random stuff. my group isn't really into AI voices that much.

Scroll up 2 posts... LOL

Do you guys have some file preventing UNSUNG mod from being hosted on steam? I tried to upload the mod (for internal dispersion among clanmates only because they are lazy and shitty people who cant google).

Pretty sure in the EULA it expressly forbids uploads to STEAM.  I would advise against that w/o express permission from the mod team.

I have a problem with thePuff the Magic Dragon Da Krong mission. When heading towards hill 188 the game hangs.

I am using mod-30c-charlie

Is there possibly a patch?

@texkaz - as pook said, the EULA forbids uploads to steam for any purpose whatsoever. please abide by our license. we do vigorously enforce this, reporting abusers to steam and getting the workshop items taken down within hours of them going up usually. it's annoying time-wasting for the team to have to do this. thanks.

@mcarma - best to report that to the mission author mate.

I have a problem with thePuff the Magic Dragon Da Krong mission. When heading towards hill 188 the game hangs.

I am using mod-30c-charlie

Is there possibly a patch?

Hi - yeah - I think that's one of "Grunts" missions - been having trouble myself - posted this a few weeks back - never noticed a response...

Spent some time again with "Grunt's" SP missions last night - it appears that many have been updated for Charlie and is that night mission a new one ? Anyway - on more than one I noticed after I played for 15 to 20 minutes - all of a sudden I'm getting dumped back to the load screen for the mission and it freezes - no messages - and I have to kill Arma to get out... While it certainly could be something on my end - it just seems related to the mission since it dumps back to the mission load screen you see at the start of the mission - before freezing... Has anyone else experienced this issue ??? I thought maybe they were timed and I failed - but - it really seems frozen...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everytime I press shift (acceleration key for choppers) my chopper deploys illumination flare. Is this a bug or a feature in unsung these days? It's actually quite annoying because there is a huge line of flares behind my chopper when I am flying. I wan't to stay hidden when I'm flying. If I want flares there is a different key for that, not acceleration key please..

if they are lumes, this is bound to your ALT-OPTICS key. maybe try changing alt-optics to another custom key, or resetting it to default

Hi, folks

short bug report

UH1 Gunners not at correct seats!
UH1 engine is to strong, AI flying higher and higher and higher!!! (thats serious^^) Maybe other helis too?!
NVA Bunkers have to be deleted if the Static gun gets deleted by a script.
Glas of some Vehicles are not destroyable (Driver is bulletproof then) tested with Ural Truck.
Ramps of M113 are open by default?
Rifles are not kindof "rifle_base" class! (Mod compatibility issiue)!
Artillery is not shooting when order is scripted... (only fires on sight)

to be continued if i find more

Greetings Cyborg

3619a94286a0a129c3908b04335d56af.jpg

THE UNSUNG NEEDS YOU  !!

Got talent ? Have the drive and ability to deliver ? Have an eye for detail ?

Want to be part of the OLDEST modding group of the ArmA franchise ?

We have some various positions we need filled as we rumble forward to DELTA release :

Mission Makers

Scripting Gurus

Modellers ( Preferably able to use blender and or Oxygen )

Sound Techs (That have a sound knowledge of the new A3 sound engine.)

Config Coders

NO TIME WASTERS!!! OR INACTIVE PROMISE MAKERS PLEASE !!

We are a team that delivers high quality gear and content FREE to the community and we need you. 

Please Contact me via PM or at sgt_sav@bigpond.net.au.

Make sure you attach any references or past materials / pics etc

Cheers

Sav

UH1 Gunners not at correct seats! - known and reported many times. seems to be in 3den only - not something we can easily fix

UH1 engine is to strong, AI flying higher and higher and higher!!! (thats serious^^) Maybe other helis too?! - agreed we will reduce the lift of choppers at some point

NVA Bunkers have to be deleted if the Static gun gets deleted by a script. - known about, not really our problem.

Glas of some Vehicles are not destroyable (Driver is bulletproof then) tested with Ural Truck. - fixed for delta

Ramps of M113 are open by default? - i will change this so they stay shut unless activated open by user

Rifles are not kindof "rifle_base" class! (Mod compatibility issiue)! - changed for delta: class Uns_Rifle: Rifle_Base_F //Rifle

Artillery is not shooting when order is scripted... (only fires on sight) - known and no idea how to fix it

we need more active people in the team if some of the time-suck stuff is gonna get fixed.