sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Pretty poor update. Lags to the point of being unplayable. No trees/bushes. 

Bravo didn't do this. 

ROFL

Thanks for that, needed a laugh.  Been a long day :)

• Like 4

Bravo didn't do this. 

Instead of coming here with a lame comment , if you took the time to read my first post on this thread that it REQUIRES APEX to show the bushes and trees you would realise what the issue is.

As far as lag nobody has mentioned this issue before about charlie release , in fact everyone has commented how the frames have increased since bravo so I'd there's something else going with your system or configuration.

Bravo didn't do this. 

Wow. I`m almost speechless....

...almost. Was it really too much trouble to read even one reply immediately above yours before making that post? Moving to the Tanoa vegetation has most definitely resulted in better framerate and much better visuals. If you don`t have the requirements for the mod, don`t whine about it not working properly. As for a poor update, I`ll chalk that up to saturday night overconsumption. Constructive criticism is one thing, but "Pretty poor update" is just taking the piss considering the unbelievable amount of voluntary work that goes into making a huge mod like this.

Nice first post. Well done :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Instead of coming here with a lame comment , if you took the time to read my first post on this thread that it REQUIRES APEX to show the bushes and trees you would realise what the issue is.

As far as lag nobody has mentioned this issue before about charlie release , in fact everyone has commented how the frames have increased since bravo so I'd there's something else going with your system or configuration.

Sav,

You should make one of the Apex addons a requirement in the base config, that way people will get a big popup that says something along the lines of "THIS REQUIRES SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT YET"

• Like 2

Its alright for me such politics but the shame remains.

I will never buy Apex because i already bought arma3 years ago.
Why should I buy it again?
If BI  founded that something is lacking in their product they should include it in next patch not substitute this by purchase.

Otherwise I have bought incomplete product and obviously if I would bought APEX i would be cheated twice.

this doesn't even deserve reading let alone a reply. BI is a business, not a charity.

• Like 6

If BI founded that something is lacking in their product they should include it in next patch not substitute this by purchase.

Otherwise I have bought incomplete product and obviously if I would bought APEX i would be cheated twice.

What a load of tosh.... So you buy a basket full of groceries and then go back next week and expect to get more groceries from the same shop because you have already shopped once ? What planet do you live on ? Why should they give you "new stuff" for free ?

• Like 4

Obviously you have not understand the point.
I am talking about one product.
But never mind i do not want to ask you if i am wrong its just my opinion.
Some tolerance please.

Because my convictions i cant play/make scenarios using this great mod anymore.

And that is the real problem here.

I just don't get why people who obviously love the game wouldn't want to invest in more buildings, units, weapons. And an amazing jungle playground to mess with them on. It's not just Tanoa you are locking yourself out of. Pretty sure that most map makes WILL at some point transition to using all APEX assets. Just like what happened with Op Arrowhead. Just makes no sense to me why you wouldn't want that ?

• Like 6

we figured this was basically gonna be OA for A3.

you can use our mod without apex, it just wont work with our maps.

you can't demand our maps and no apex as that would limit us to old style foliage, and we are not prepared aesthetically to suffer such a restriction. so get over it, either buy apex or play our mod on other non-apex maps. no need to moan about it.

• Like 4

If BI  founded that something is lacking in their product they should include it in next patch not substitute this by purchase.

You, sir, are an idiot.

I take it you never use Microsoft products, since they release updates on a regular basis?  Nor do you ever use ANYTHING on your computer for the same reasons?  And ESPECIALLY not Oracle database products... LOL

Whatever BIS decided to call "Apex", it is safe to call it "Arma 3.5", however they didn't consult me when they chose the name "Apex".  So just like OA in A2, they will have a cluster fuck of version questions now with that which makes people like you think they are charging for a patch.  Which of course they are not, there is NEW CONTENT.

You need to google "Downloadable Content" or "DLC" on the Internets.  Then can come back here and I will forgive you when you apologize for your comments.

:)

On hopefully a bit of a lighter note here....

Eggbeast, I hope I can speak for a lot of us out there when I say we appreciate the amount of work you and the team are putting into this.

I hope you don't mind, but I've added your mod into a Liberation mission for a group that I am a part of. Tanoa is definitely a different beast once the NVA and VC get a foothold! It has been nothing short of spectacular and amazing. When you take away nightvision, and are forced to use flares for night fighting as well as antiquated 1960's/1970's equipment, the experience completely changes for one that is the better!

I absolutely cannot wait until the rest of the models are ported in to Unsung Vietnam, such as the US Higgins trucks and the enemy Migs! :)

I'll be sure to post a brief video of the experience here soon. ;)

• Like 6

Is there going to be U.S. Cargo trucks? Like M35 or some other?

We're working something out with a team outside UNSUNG for an M35. It's looking good we just have to get the details down :)

• Like 3

Bravo didn't do this. 

OMG. Incredible, truly amazing. The only thing that prevented me from laughing myself to death was the utter shock I felt when reading this comment.

• Like 2

Now that is an amazingly stupid comment. You never buy an expansion pack for any game or software? New ideas, new content should all be in the first release? Do you plan to wait 12 years for every new game because it has to be complete or simply how it is when it is released is all that it can ever be because any new content is a rip off in your mind because it wasn't there in the first place? WOW.

• Like 3

I actually find APEX to be outstanding. Now if only they can get the AI to be able to see someone standing 3 feet away in a bush ala' the latest ShackTac video that Dsylecxi posted up on Youtube.

. At right around the 9:20 mark whoever that is in Dsylecxi's squad that is left starts playing ring around the rosy with one of the AI before shooting it in the back. Poor AI Soldier.....

Also big credit to Dsylecxi and the people from ShackTac for making and letting others watch some of their hilarious at times goings ons.

I actually find APEX to be outstanding. Now if only they can get the AI to be able to see someone standing 3 feet away in a bush ala' the latest ShackTac video that Dsylecxi posted up on Youtube. At right around the 9:20 mark whoever that is in Dsylecxi's squad that is left starts playing ring around the rosy with one of the AI before shooting it in the back. Poor AI Soldier.....

Also big credit to Dsylecxi and the people from ShackTac for making and letting others watch some of their hilarious at times goings ons.

Thank you for posting something that including nothing about unsung and promoting a youtuber's content :|

ugh what mod is that? it looks really horrible, like the cheap action man rip-offs your aunt might buy you for xmas, with the thin plastic boots that split along the sole after 1 week.

this is like unsung:

470_l.jpg

and that mod is like this:

defenders1-thumb-396x637.jpg

or this:

FAKE1_zpsf0c82d18.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for posting something that including nothing about unsung and promoting a youtuber's content :|

Apologies. I was pointing out the fact the problem AI seems to have finding someone walking around behind them that is 3 feet away that runs into the same bush they just walked through. As the video shows that is on Tanoa, and I thought the units being used are from Unsung as it has the same weaponry and uniforms as Unsung. Since Unsung uses APEX I am curious if there is a fix to making the AI smart enough to realize the person it was trying to shoot just ran into a bush 3 feet away.

Apologies. I was pointing out the fact the problem AI seems to have finding someone walking around behind them that is 3 feet away that runs into the same bush they just walked through. As the video shows that is on Tanoa, and I thought the units being used are from Unsung as it has the same weaponry and uniforms as Unsung. Since Unsung uses APEX I am curious if there is a fix to making the AI smart enough to realize the person it was trying to shoot just ran into a bush 3 feet away.

SO you're pointing out "stoopid AI trick #47".  and providing yoootube monetization hits for someone else...  Yeah... that's nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo

The AI is something BIS will have to address.  Been that way since 2001 and gets a little better with every release.

SO you're pointing out "stoopid AI trick #47".  and providing yoootube monetization hits for someone else...  Yeah... that's nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo

The AI is something BIS will have to address.  Been that way since 2001 and gets a little better with every release.

I wasn't aware it was a trick. I haven't really had time to test anything APEX related. Nor do I rarely do anything with arma 3 except put some random vehicles down to blow up.

I wasn't aware it was a trick. I haven't really had time to test anything APEX related. Nor do I rarely do anything with arma 3 except put some random vehicles down to blow up.

Without looking at the video, my experience is that the AI has tunnel vision on Tanoa (and APEX foliage). Usually they can hear you though. If you walk slow and use stealth you can occasionally sneak up on Charlie. If you crash through the woods like a herd of elephants they turn and shoot you...most times. I personally find the AI's habit of turning 180 degrees and snap shooting you at 50 meters far more common, and annoying. 

i guess it must be the clutter more than the trees. razorback doesn't use all the clutter, or as densely on his islands, and i get into some pretty horrendous firefights, with enemies completely encircling us. sometimes the only option is to spam nades in a 60 degree arc, at different depths and then all get up and rush the zone, to break the encirclement. i did it last night with a swedish K, drilling vc literally 3 metres in front of me, as i came around those giant tree boles. razor has modified the tree placement so we now have much wider trunks to traverse / hide behind, and it is working great.

the only nagging doubt i had was that my 20% accuracy setting for the enemy meant i could charge through about 10 enemies shooting each in turn without even a scrape. i guess this was because i was breaking line of sight repeatedly, and jostling their chain of command in quick succession maybe.