sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Hi! Is it possible to disable the talking of the units? I even hear VC in the arsenal  :(

For what it's worth, pasting RUG_DSAI_DISABLE = true; in the init.sqf will do the trick.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give another big kudos to you guys.  Our group has had a blast running Unsung on our server for the last 2 weeks.  SOOOO much content in this mod on all fronts.

Da Krong is GORGEOUS with the new Tanoa assets!  We only wish we had a bigger map to run campaigns on.  I did see the Khe Sahn preview screens so that's exciting!

Tremendous work all around fellas!!!

• Like 3

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I'm really enjoying this mod so far.

AI are struggling to fly the UH-1 series of helicopters. I've tested it with Vanilla AI and VCOM AI - still a problem. They can't seem to follow waypoints or tilt the helicopter forward.

Another issue - I get memory crashes with the Da Krong map. I've tested it with just Unsung and CBA enabled - still get a crash.

I'm not sure if this happens for anyone else but a bit into me playing on editor my game just crashes with one of those messages memory couldn't be read... I don't know why... I have apex and a somewhat good computer. Could anyone help?

There is a known memory issue affecting people right now. Check out Dwarden's advanced performance binary thread in the servers and admin section; he's acknowledged it and trying to fix. My bet is that you were messing with lots of units down in the editor ?

Anyway messing with launch parameters has always (certainly for the past 3 years) been shown to have absolutely no effect. They're there as developers tools and the game will allocate your resources properly without you needing to mess around - so I'd not waste any energy there. Just get your dump files and rpts zipped up and across to Dwarden so he can fix

Tldr. Has nothing to do with unsung.

• Like 2

good to know. i was getting these crashes and others were saying it was down to my shoddy mission code. glad to see it isn't just me getting them on the new foliage maps.

• Like 2

Thanks for "Charlie", my small group really missed playing missions using UNSUNG. We have had several very good missions since Charlie was released.

How do I get our group if possible on the UNSUNG group list. We play most Monday and Tuesday nights at 1930 CDT and are always looking for a few good players.

www.facebook.com/armablackjacknoel

Teamspeak at: vs24.tserverhq.co:7327

come join use tonight,

our server runs 24/7 and when we are not playing a mission it is on what I call a training mission, great for trying out new load outs and practicing shooting and flying.

• Like 1

Not using any other mods other than unsung Charlie and have no problems when using transport module

i'm not even talking about any support module or alive stuff, although it happens with that too depending on where you send it.

on da krong put a helicopter on the ground/helipad/runway whatever at the main airbase place that has the runway (i forget what its called) then add a bunch of move waypoints to make it intricately follow the river first east and then south to the "sarge" outpost. by the time it hits the large sandbank area it should climb the stairway to heaven.

im guessing this is crewed aircraft in 3den editor (3d)

if so, well we see a lot of odd behaviour from the ai in 3den.

im sure we will get to the bottom of it eventually.

summer is almost over so the team will be gathering again to look at some of this stuff.

I noticed that the Stg44 has an extremely low Muzzle Velocity when compared too for example an AKM, is that intentional/realistic? Never shot one just asking out of curiosity.

Hey fellas 2 quick questions/comments.

1. I've been hunting around in the editor...but is there perhaps a cave/tunnel system somewhere on Da Krong?

2.  I'm consistently seeing the 155 mm Howizter, the 107mm mortar, and the US Full Equipment crate vanish on our dedicated server whenever they are cached (i.e. ALiVE, when we respawn, or when we move to a different part of the map then come back to the FOB).

I placed a Vanilla NATO supply box next to these items and tested..and the supply crate never vanished completely.  So maybe it's a cache'ing thing?  I don't know but I thought I'd mention it.

Other than that.....amazing stuff guys.  

I noticed that the Stg44 has an extremely low Muzzle Velocity when compared too for example an AKM, is that intentional/realistic? Never shot one just asking out of curiosity.

STG44

ammo = "uns_792x33_Ball";

initSpeed = 685;

typicalspeed = 685;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.92%C3%9733mm_Kurz

ak47

ammo = "uns_762X39";

initSpeed = 710;

typicalSpeed = 730;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9739mm

STG44

ammo = "uns_792x33_Ball";

initSpeed = 685;

typicalspeed = 685;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.92%C3%9733mm_Kurz

ak47

ammo = "uns_762X39";

initSpeed = 710;

typicalSpeed = 730;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9739mm

Note he's posting wiki links since that's the easiest for someone to look at. They did look at a whole bunch of website to compare and average to make sure that we were getting the right information.

im guessing this is crewed aircraft in 3den editor (3d)

if so, well we see a lot of odd behaviour from the ai in 3den.

im sure we will get to the bottom of it eventually.

summer is almost over so the team will be gathering again to look at some of this stuff.

well good luck guys. its hard to nail down weird problems like this. i have spent thousands of hours trying to fix similar weird problems that there seems to be no answer to.

the unsung mod is one of the best mods in the history of arma and in my opinion it is the best mod for arma 3, even better than rhs. i remember back when i played arma 2 when i switched from using VTE to unsung and i was blown away. i can tell that you put in an incredible amount of work for the arma 3 version as well. the little things like the voiceovers and the non-combat items (playboy mags, cigarettes) really round out the experience and give it a lived-in feel.

im not very happy about the apex dependency but one day i might buy it just to play the updated versions of this mod. i only wish BI would do like in arma 2 and give "lite" versions of DLCs for free.

anyways i wish the unsung mod team the best.

• Like 2

Hey fellas 2 quick questions/comments.

1. I've been hunting around in the editor...but is there perhaps a cave/tunnel system somewhere on Da Krong?

2.  I'm consistently seeing the 155 mm Howizter, the 107mm mortar, and the US Full Equipment crate vanish on our dedicated server whenever they are cached (i.e. ALiVE, when we respawn, or when we move to a different part of the map then come back to the FOB).

I placed a Vanilla NATO supply box next to these items and tested..and the supply crate never vanished completely.  So maybe it's a cache'ing thing?  I don't know but I thought I'd mention it.

Other than that.....amazing stuff guys.  

try checking the alive garbage collector. this happened to me as well when using rhs or other things. it will delete stuff you put down because it counts it as trash. in one of the main alive modules it will have garbage collector parameters. you must place the howitzers and equipment crate in quotes in the exclusion field. like "howitzer155mm","ammoboxunsungUS" etc. then it shouldnt delete those specific objects. you could also try setting the garbage collector to never clean up trash by setting the amount of trash needed to activate garbage collector to 0. something like that. hope it helps.

@pognivet - once you try our maps with apex foliage, you will agree it was worth the expense. it makes a massive difference.

• Like 2

im not very happy about the apex dependency but one day i might buy it just to play the updated versions of this mod. i only wish BI would do like in arma 2 and give "lite" versions of DLCs for free.

As much as I'm a cheapskate and like free stuff, I do realize that BIS is a BUSINESS and the business of "giving stuff away for free" isn't a good business model.  This isn't like a patch you must purchase (like Oracle does), it is actually a feature-rich upgrade with NEW STUFF in it.  The new stuff is a new level of play because of what it brings to the table.  What IMO should have been called "Arma 3.5"

I mean how hard is it to get $40 for a new game?  That's a full tank of gas in my Jeep... ... or 2 cases of beer... think about it...  making this stuff doesn't come free.  Unless of course you're a mod maker :)   So for this Labor Day weekend, purchase the DLC and PLAY SOBER!  lol

• Like 10

Absolutely. It's a no brainier to buy the expansion for the map alone. !

• Like 2

Yep - for me - all the vehicles, weapons, and units might as well just go right in the trash bin - no interest - I bought it for the map alone and I'm pretty happy I did... I've got to find a good Chinese OPFOR pack and it would make a great location for some present day South China Sea conflict...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks again for all your work on UNSUNG, my group is really enjoying it. One question. I have put down 1 SA-2 site on a mission and 1 AAA site on the mission. Both work well when run on my computer, but when I up-load the mission to our server only the AAA works and I  have not been able to get a SA-2 launch. The radar for both sites is working, am I the only one who has this problem.

This is a beautiful mod. I have just started to get my feet wet since I usually use ALiVE to build my group's missions, so Charlie is my first taste, but I'm blown away by the amount and quality of stuff that's already in.

I don't know if advanced flight models are supposed to be working yet, but it seems fine for the hueys. I can't get any of the H13s off the ground in Advanced, though, which is a shame because the UH-13B with the 6 outboard FFV positions and the M60 in the copilot's position looks like a blast :D Thanks again for all your hard work guys.

e: I just remembered I wanted to say the M113s look great in particular, each one looking beat up and different really adds some flavor to the setting

• Like 1

we haven't tested AFM in any ship

Thanks for the reply! Figured it was WIP but I thought I'd check. Thanks again, having a blast flying around Da Krong (beautiful map!!)

Thanks again for all your work on UNSUNG, my group is really enjoying it. One question. I have put down 1 SA-2 site on a mission and 1 AAA site on the mission. Both work well when run on my computer, but when I up-load the mission to our server only the AAA works and I  have not been able to get a SA-2 launch. The radar for both sites is working, am I the only one who has this problem.

Hmm I've never run into the problem where the SA-2 doesn't work in multiplayer. I had a blast avoiding the SA-2s and shooting them with the ARM. Test it out a little more, place them in really obvious and open areas, maybe trees are blocking their path though I doubt your placement would have trees in the way. Try it out and see what you get.