sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Not using any other mods other than unsung Charlie and have no problems when using transport module

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback...

Hmm - when I use the ALiVE transport module with the UH1 included with UNS - I still get the stairway to heaven with Charlie as well - if I swap the aircraft out for the "Medium Lift" UH1 it works normally...

Hah - even without the full blown ALiVE factions working - you can still use some of its features which sure help...

Again - my thanks to all you guys on the UNS team...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

did you fix the problem with the huey helicopter in this release? the problem where sometimes it will just keep climbing in height for eternity?

i dont have apex and cant afford it so i cant check myself.

I find this to be hit and miss, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't ....in the same mission replayed. Helicopters seem to behave normally when taking off from a runway though.

Helicopter door gunner seating;

Door Gunner placement.

Here are a couple work arounds that maybe helpful for the door gunner seating issue;

Place an empty slick then in the init field add  â€˜createVehicleCrew this’ no quotes. This places everyone in the correct seat positions. 

If you aren't keen on scripting the chopper's every move after that and prefer to do everything as much as possible through Eden than here is another option;

Place a Slick where you wish on the map, drag the gun crew out of the helo and then assign the gun position manually in the init field of each door gunner as follow 'moveInTurret [Helo1, [1]]'  and  moveInTurret [Helo1, [2]]  no quotes.The gunners appear in the correct position and this allows you to assign waypoints and triggers to the chopper in the editor as normal.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

• Like 2

HI Opendome,

Will do and thank you... I've noticed you've made a bunch of posts on "ALiVE" issues - are you working on ALiVE compatibility for everyone and has anything new been included with Charlie ? Really appreciate any info you could provide...

Hi Pognivet,

Hah - I did notice that with Bravo - I was using the "Player Support Transport" module with "ALiVE" and the helicopter just climbed indefinitely - I thought it was me or ALiVE... I'll try it again with Charlie...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Scott! Yup! I've got a bunch of different projects goin on right now and I am working on some more ALiVE compatibility stuff. Vietcong and NVA factions are separated now in the UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV so Im going to push the fixes into ALiVE itself for faction compat stuff. Once the next ALiVE update comes out Im going to work on some custom roadblock/camp placements for our units. 

• Like 1

Hi Scott! Yup! I've got a bunch of different projects goin on right now and I am working on some more ALiVE compatibility stuff. Vietcong and NVA factions are separated now in the UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV so Im going to push the fixes into ALiVE itself for faction compat stuff. Once the next ALiVE update comes out Im going to work on some custom roadblock/camp placements for our units. 

I heart you so much.

I just threw up an ALiVE (well partially ALiVE anyway) UNSUNG campaign on our server.  As you say...even with the "bits and pieces" that work with ALiVE so far..it's been a blast.

I will mention..that on our dedicated server...some UNSUNG items tend to "vanish" for no reason.   For example...I had an UNSUNG US Equipment box being used as a Virtual Arsenal and there was a Howitzer as well...that both literally vanished upon respawn from all 3 FOBs on our campaign.  I put a Vanilla NATO Supply Box on there next to it, reloaded on the dedi...the UNSUNG objects vanished again..but the Vanilla NATO Supply Box stayed.  Just FYI.

Can't wait to have this bad boy FULLY functional with ALiVE.  It's amazing what you guys have done in this mod.  Great stuff everywhere.

• Like 1

On a side note...here are some vids from our session tonight.  SO. MUCH. FUN.  You guys have nailed it on the atmosphere.

• Like 2

I cross posted this in the Escape mission thread, but after playing for 3 hours in that coop mission, I was wondering if you guys would consider porting the Escape mission to Unsung? It would be like the last scene in Platoon where the squad was evac'ing during the VC overrun.

It is one of the perfect scenarios for Unsung mod and would need active coop to survive.

was that an SA2 that hit you in the second vid? seems like a smoke trail.

good stuff though - shows off the apex foliage razorback has spent weeks adding in (and my aerial jukebox stuff)

• Like 1

That big smoke plume certainly looks like the SA2 smoke plume!

Speaking on that Opendome....

I did notice when I activated CQB through ALiVE...some of the CQB NVA/VC soldiers appeared to be Pookie's "catalyst" troops that spawn SAM sites (let me know if I'm not right on that Pookie, but I thought that those sites are "spawned" by a single solider in your CUP version.

Is there a way you can "blacklist" the Pookie SAM troops so that they aren't considered as part of the CQB force pool?   

It looked kind of funny when we were on a patrol boat and the river was blocked by 9-10 Sam sites that started spawning on top of each other due to CQB buildings nearby.

On a side note....I totally forgot Pookie had VC SAM sites for UNSUNG.  That is outstanding!!!  Definitely catches you off guard when you're flying around without a care in the world then suddenly...smoke plumes come flying up from the jungle.

The only ones in the Unsung version of my SAM pack are "child" classes under the NVA officers. 

There is an INIT check that prevents duplicate sites of the same type from spawning "one on top" like that.  1x of each site, per mission, is allowed.  Different sites, however, would easily spawn one on top of the other.

Specific class names:

S60 AAA site:

============

pook_SON50_spawnerNVA

ZSU-23-4 AAA site:

============

pook_PU12_spawnerNVA

KS-12/KS-19 AAA sites:

============

pook_KS12_spawnerNVA

pook_PUAZO_K12_spawnerNVA

SA-2 SAM site:

============

pook_SA2_spawnerNVA

ZU-23 AAA sites:

============

pook_SON9_spawnerNVA

pook_PUAZO_spawnerNVA

• Like 1

some pics from last nights game on the official server

SOG scout dressed half as VC mainforce

sog1_zpslgz3bayh.jpg

sweeping a village at sunset

sog2_zpsfukronqo.jpg

turning the enemy guns back on them

gun1_zps2xj6okhu.jpg

• Like 1

In the heat of combat I tend to open fire on the SOG scout dressed half as VC guy. The fog of war making friends wherever I go.

• Like 1

yeah well he was normally point on a patrol operating exclusively behind enemy lines in Laos or Cambodia... so you wouldn't be there D.

Small question:

I don't have acess to my PC right now.

Does the command "this moveingunner" or "this moveinturret x" fix the gunner issue on the huey choppers?

I haven't tested yet...

Thanks

Small question:

I don't have acess to my PC right now.

Does the command "this moveingunner" or "this moveinturret x" fix the gunner issue on the huey choppers?

I haven't tested yet...

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm, just the page before.......

dr@gon, on 20 Aug 2016 - 12:49, said:snapback.png

Helicopter door gunner seating;

Door Gunner placement.

Here are a couple work arounds that maybe helpful for the door gunner seating issue;

Place an empty slick then in the init field add  â€˜createVehicleCrew this’ no quotes. This places everyone in the correct seat positions. 

If you aren't keen on scripting the chopper's every move after that and prefer to do everything as much as possible through Eden than here is another option;

Place a Slick where you wish on the map, drag the gun crew out of the helo and then assign the gun position manually in the init field of each door gunner as follow 'moveInTurret [Helo1, [1]]'  and  moveInTurret [Helo1, [2]]  no quotes.The gunners appear in the correct position and this allows you to assign waypoints and triggers to the chopper in the editor as normal.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Is there a way only to download the terrains you are using?

It would maybe be the only updated terrain that does NOT require 10-15 Giga of requirements!

no and no. it is what it is!

the download size of our mod is 4gb in rar form.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this happens for anyone else but a bit into me playing on editor my game just crashes with one of those messages memory couldn't be read... I don't know why... I have apex and a somewhat good computer. Could anyone help?

I'm not sure if this happens for anyone else but a bit into me playing on editor my game just crashes with one of those messages memory couldn't be read... I don't know why... I have apex and a somewhat good computer. Could anyone help?

I found that this helped me;

In advanced Parameters...

- set your MaxMem to 32768 (Arma3 is still a 32 bit game so even if you are running Windows 7 or 10 in a 64 bit OS, Arma can't use all the RAM you may have beyond the 32 bit limits).

- set your MaxVRam to 8192 (this is a known limit for Arma 3).

Generally your computer will compensate if you let Arma manage your memory for you but sometimes for millions of reasons it doesn't work that way. Also, manage the number of addons you have loaded. If you aren't using them don't load them in the game as they will take up memory (over simplified explanation on that, Arma will pull from the mod as needed but a portion of the mod always stays resident in memory).

On another note. You usually don't need your video setting at Ultra for some stuff because for lots of things the difference between high and ultra is hardly noticeable. That is more for lag and FPS than the memory error. But on that note, never set anything in video to low as that offloads from the video card to the CPU which you don't want, that will wreck your performance for sure.

There is lots of debate about this memory management on the forums, all I know is I used to crash from the memory error and now that I made these changes I don't.