sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

hi tinter are you in our team?

i guess you didn't read our license which says

best leave off editing our mod without permission eh?

if you wish to contribute then by all means contact sgt_savage and join up properly.

we can use help.

If the devs had the same attitude as you, your mod would never be a thing.

Best to stop threatening people for trying to see what can be done with the engine eh?

Good luck with that Tinter - !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic and concur...

Question - what's it mean when the icons are black in Eden - such as the newly added Cobra gunships ?

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the devs had the same attitude as you, your mod would never be a thing.

Best to stop threatening people for trying to see what can be done with the engine eh?

You are comparing Apples to Oranges; BI is a business looking to make money....the modding community help sell copies of Arma 3 . In fact some people have never played the vanilla game out of the box. The Unsung modders are not for profit, they make no money from the use of the mod but like artists who take pride in their efforts wish that their work remain unaltered. There is good reason for that so others won't recirculate the mod with their own changes.

Finally, no one threatened you.

• Like 4

Small problem i found AI can't walk over the rice paddies

I have no problem with that, I just made a mission where the AI do exactly that (walking across the rice paddies) and had no issues.

• Like 1

In fact some people have never played the vanilla game out of the box.

Yep - that would be me - I've probably less than 10 minutes invested in vanilla - LOL - less than zero interest in any of that "futuristic" stuff... If it weren't for mod makers like Unsung, RHS, and IF - I would deleted Arma after a few minutes of play...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

G'day All

I'm known as Grunt.

I have released a number of missions on steam for Unsung Vietnam. if you all wish to look for Charlie missions i have put all mine in a collection.Grunt Unsung Vietnam charlie

I am NOT part of the Unsung team. But i am a big fan of the work they do. I know it is hard for these guys. I would like to thank them for the work they have done. these fellas always put in allot of effort into the work they do.

So Please understand this when you are writing to them. I know they may get upset with myself on occasion. i also know that they know, we are all only trying to help. But when they are only hearing Negative stuff it would be frustrating.

So lads try to understand.

Missions. I have released 6. they are SP and Co oP. I only use Unsung mod. No extra stuff just Unsung mod. so if you have charlie update and Apex. that's all you need. I wouldn't mind playing a mission or 2 with a few lads.

Any takers.I am a AU player.

I have more missions coming in next few weeks.

If you download and play a mission i made and there is an Issue. please let me know on steam Page what the Issue is.

Unsung team. thank you for your work. I am looking forward to your next Update. the only reason i play Arma3 is for Unsung at this time.

Its not very often in this world you get some thing for nothing.

Thank you Unsung team

Stay safe

Grunt Out

• Like 3

Has anyone been experiencing crashing when attempting to build Unsung missions in the editor?

I love the mod, but I've had ARMA crash quite a bit as soon as I get into Da Krong in the editor and start moving around on the map.

Other than that...the mod is brilliant.

Has anyone been experiencing crashing when attempting to build Unsung missions in the editor?

I love the mod, but I've had ARMA crash quite a bit as soon as I get into Da Krong in the editor and start moving around on the map.

What mods are you running with it? I've spent hours in the editor spawning every single thing I could from unsung and I've yet to crash on Da Krong (only tried Da Krong), but it's been with basically unsung and cba. Sometimes with one or two other mods. Might be a conflict? Also, egg said something about having issues in the editor (maybe the map too) with objects set to above high (I'm at high and don't have this issue) and crashes.

i'm having same problem with the crashing in 3D editor, i've figured a way to make it happen. 

whenever i go into options and I set my objects and terrain to ultra it'll crash, now there's two ways of this happening.

1: If I set objects to ultra then terrain then it'll CTD

2: If I set terrain to ultra then objects then it'll be fine for a bit but after a bit of going around it'll CTD.

/\ That is what apparently what has been found, not sure if that solves your problems since I do not get it.

Welp figured I finally should stop in and sincerely thank you guys for all the hard work over the years. I'll bet most of the reports are good intentions to keep improving the mod. I'm sure hearing all the reports get old though, especially since Arma has so many bugs/addons and stuff you're already working out yourselves. Hope ya'll don't get too discouraged by it B) Really enjoy this mod. There's few staple mods that make Arma what it is and UNS is definately 1 of them.

Been an avid Unsung player since the A2 days, what you guys have done is amazing. The mass and quality of nam gear and vehicles is unrivaled for sure. All the little things like pinups in the bunk hooches to the propoganda loud speakers to blare from the treetops and freak the ish out of your enemies as you fly over. Really has that vietnam feel down pat. I've been making a pretty fun dynamic COOP/SP mission for Doung that me and a few friends play. Hoping to workshop it in a couple weeks to add to the party.

My only wish right now is that more servers hosted this mod so people could experience it. Always have a tough time finding pub ones at least. To be honest, i'm just happy to have Unsung in A3.

Long story shot, Charlie is great and really enjoying it with the tanoa life in. Still look forward to every release fellas :D i'll be riding the hype train until ticket runs it

• Like 2

/\ That is what apparently what has been found, not sure if that solves your problems since I do not get it.

Has anyone else actually confirmed this "fix"?

Has anyone else actually confirmed this "fix"?

No confirmations, but no one has come back to say it didn't work. Also it's happening to a very very very small minority of Unsung Players which leads me even further to believe that's the issue. Most players don't have a computer good enough to run the game with settings set to ultra, and the only people to complain about it was Egg (which based on his screens, has a pretty nice computer), two other people and then now AU is having the same issue (I know AU has a nice computer as I've talked to him a few times). I'd say it's pretty safe to say that the issue is objects being set to ultra, which is one of the biggest frame killers in arma anyways with hardly any graphical improvement (high to ultra) so it's probably why you don't hear many people complaining about it.

"FPS killer" should not cause a crash.  Ever.  Anything that causes an actual game crash is a problem.  A problem that needs to be fixed.  Something like this is incredibly difficult to track down so I hope the team can find the bug and squash it.

"FPS killer" should not cause a crash. Ever. Anything that causes an actual game crash is a problem. A problem that needs to be fixed. Something like this is incredibly difficult to track down so I hope the team can find the bug and squash it.

Rofl, I never said that the fact it's causing fps issues is why it's causing crashing.... I literally said that since most people have that setting at high or lower (because it causes large amounts of fps loss) that you dont see many people complaining about it because their comouter cant habdle those settings. I have no idea where you got that idea lol... I have modded games since TES Morrowind, I know what causes crashes and what causes fps hiccups. Models having issues CAN cause a crash, it's happened on official releases of games before....

And if it's an issue with some objects (not a big deal, only a select few are having issues and this was released much earlier than they had set out to) then there will be a memory issue going on from that model and add to the fact that this game already has issues with memory and viola

************************************************* SALE THIS MONTH ************************************************************

I just received an email from the BIS sales team that might interest those new comers that haven't purchased Arma 3 yet. Unfortunately Tanoa DLC doesn't look like it is included in the sale..... Well I tried for you guys   :mellow:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email and support.

There will be a sale on the BI store this month, so it´s the best chance to buy the game with a discount.

Please follow our website for more details:

https://store.bistudio.com/

Best Regards,

Ota Vrťátko "

• Like 4

I have the Crashing issue allot.I have had it ever since the update before Apex release. It makes it very hard to make missions when this is happening.but then other times it wont crash runs all day.

such is life, i deal with it.wish i knew why so i could fix it.

I have issue with the unsung uniforms in terms of damage. AI dies even if shoot them to their toe with a pistol. One round. Any part of their body. And grenades are too deadly too. I could die from a frag grenade from 30 meters away or so. WHILE PRONE. That's just a bit too much.

I compared those damage models with ArmA's regular uniforms and armors and they can take more damage. Is it supposed to be like this or is there a fix?

I have issue with the unsung uniforms in terms of damage. AI dies even if shoot them to their toe with a pistol. One round. Any part of their body. And grenades are too deadly too. I could die from a frag grenade from 30 meters away or so. WHILE PRONE. That's just a bit too much.

I compared those damage models with ArmA's regular uniforms and armors and they can take more damage. Is it supposed to be like this or is there a fix?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193364-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-30c-charlie-released/?p=3077706

If you've found specific bugs mate, go to our forums and report it there where we can in more depth of testing on it! :)

did you fix the problem with the huey helicopter in this release? the problem where sometimes it will just keep climbing in height for eternity?

i dont have apex and cant afford it so i cant check myself.

HI Opendome,

Will do and thank you... I've noticed you've made a bunch of posts on "ALiVE" issues - are you working on ALiVE compatibility for everyone and has anything new been included with Charlie ? Really appreciate any info you could provide...

Hi Pognivet,

Hah - I did notice that with Bravo - I was using the "Player Support Transport" module with "ALiVE" and the helicopter just climbed indefinitely - I thought it was me or ALiVE... I'll try it again with Charlie...

Regards,

Scott

BIS might be having a sale but Apex is not one of the sales items :(

HI Opendome,

Will do and thank you... I've noticed you've made a bunch of posts on "ALiVE" issues - are you working on ALiVE compatibility for everyone and has anything new been included with Charlie ? Really appreciate any info you could provide...

Hi Pognivet,

Hah - I did notice that with Bravo - I was using the "Player Support Transport" module with "ALiVE" and the helicopter just climbed indefinitely - I thought it was me or ALiVE... I'll try it again with Charlie...

Regards,

Scott

It still climbs for eternity with Charlie too.