sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Hi Folks,

Just a thanks for all the hard work - anxious to try it out...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nowhere in this thread does it say that this will not be released on the Steam Workshop. You're being a real jerk about all of this. Why are you so sensitive? Relax dude!

Well, you're right.

It has been said on the Unsung WIP page.

I also think it's too bad, but it's their decision and we don't have to question it.

Unsung is their mod, they do what they want with it.

as far as i see it this thread is for us to answer general questions about the mod, and for people to feedback on their games and missions they develop with it.

re bugs and issues - please report them here if you feel the need.

we may not reply though as explaining the problem or issue to all comers is a waste of valuable team resource.

as we haven't asked for feedback, don't expect a reply when you do eh?

In the WIP thread we let you know what is going on with the development of the next part.

re steam - please read the license that is also included with your download

hope this helps.

• Like 3

Well, to be fair there is nothing about known issues. One thing that helps keep people from posting the already known common issues is to have a small section indicating that you guys are aware of these. Just to thin out the posts about bugs. If they were known I wouldn't have bothered listing them, but it's no big deal as I already have them all listed out. For your guys' sanity.

This is a good point.  I try to put "known issue" lists in my mods.  Problem here is the team uses the dev heaven bug tracker to list things out.  So in theory it would be redundant to have a 2nd list of known issues, which changes fast enough depending on work being done to make the list pointless to maintain.  Kind of a catch-22

@montgomery, sorry for the caps.  Just a typing snafu, was not meant TO BE IN ALL CAPS LOL.  sorry!  :)

i'm having same problem with the crashing in 3D editor, i've figured a way to make it happen. 

whenever i go into options and I set my objects and terrain to ultra it'll crash, now there's two ways of this happening.

1: If I set objects to ultra then terrain then it'll CTD

2: If I set terrain to ultra then objects then it'll be fine for a bit but after a bit of going around it'll CTD.

I run ultra so most likely this is the problem causing CTD's.

/KC

This is a good point.  I try to put "known issue" lists in my mods.  Problem here is the team uses the dev heaven bug tracker to list things out.  So in theory it would be redundant to have a 2nd list of known issues, which changes fast enough depending on work being done to make the list pointless to maintain.  Kind of a catch-22

@montgomery, sorry for the caps.  Just a typing snafu, was not meant TO BE IN ALL CAPS LOL.  sorry!  :)

Yeah I feel that, especially with a mod this large as bugs come and go.

@NakedSquirrel

It seems ACE might actually be helping remedy the issue of unsungs quick death. Nothing offers any protection in unsung, and if you open the arsenal and start with the uniforms, the stats are actually all blacked out and no names of anything are there until you choose a vest or backpack first. ACE seems to drop them into prone when not hit with a mortally wounding shot, at least when I tried on my teammates. Just some food for thought. I also dont tend to see many people survive more than a shot or two when they don't have any protection though in vanilla either.

Yeah I feel that, especially with a mod this large as bugs come and go.

@NakedSquirrel

It seems ACE might actually be helping remedy the issue of unsungs quick death. Nothing offers any protection in unsung, and if you open the arsenal and start with the uniforms, the stats are actually all blacked out and no names of anything are there until you choose a vest or backpack first. ACE seems to drop them into prone when not hit with a mortally wounding shot, at least when I tried on my teammates. Just some food for thought. I also dont tend to see many people survive more than a shot or two when they don't have any protection though in vanilla either.

Thanks ACE fixes whatever the uniform issue is.  It was odd because I could shoot a unit in the toe or finger, and they die instantly when they are wearing an UNSUNG uniform, even vanilla ARMA 3 civilian units survive a shot to the arm or leg, so the UNSUNG uniforms make units very death prone.

The mod runs great with ACE though.

The uniforms probably just haven't been updated to when BIS redid balistic and explosive peotection. Charlie wasn't even supposed to be out yet, and I think I remember reading that Bravo was released a little early too. Either way, they'll get around to it.

in our testing server we have been hitting a vc maybe 3 times with a 556 sometimes to put him down.

headshots always kill, body sometimes needs 2. so we haven't seen this behaviour ourselves.

you are reporting "bugs" we have not seen, or which may have just "happened" due to a BI micro update or something like that.

in our games in the test server the gunships work fine (in MP, not with AI) though in 3d editor the gunners are sitting in the wrong proxy on the slick.

my guess is it is the 3d editor's poorly implemented code that is causing this.

we are not wasting our time to "fix" a "bug" that doesn't originate in our mod.

Suggestion, please try to do some more advertising for the mod ( new releases).
Why?

There is today when I check the few servers that´s up it got only 2 players.

I been checking the servers this week and I seen maximum 10 - 12 players all together.

Have in mind I dont count in the 7th Air Cav servers as their server run addons basic players dont have and then cant join without them. (22 ply) yesterday.

Problem is that Arma 3 has become a RPG game with Altis life and Exile servers taking over the entier game.
with 1000 players. Its has become a RPG-Simulator. Well that is great if you love that kind of game play.
But for the other players that dont?

I know it is very hard for any mod team, more of impossible to try to advertise the mod you made. ( I know) to get more players.

Maby we all together as a ARMA community can try to spread the word of this great mod to get more and new players into this mod?

If I mention ARMA 3 for friends and others I talk to they always reply  " Altis Life " or " Exile".
Thas says alot what Arma 3 has become.

Hi Folks,

Took a cursory look around - nice work one and all... I like the added BAR - nice addition and fun to shoot... Thanks so much for sharing...

Question - does using third party gun mods negatively affect anything in Unsung... My usual weapon of choice is the M-14 and Toadies renditions is a bit nicer than the included M-14... Are weapons balanced to work with specific mods or should this be OK ? I noticed Toadie has a compatibility patch to work with RHS...

I've yet to try MP but it sounds like some FNG's are needed to feed the green machine...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys!

Charlie release is awesome. What is amazing about this mod is the atmosphere that it has, it really feels RIGHT!

I know some people are hoping for more SP missions, I'm working on one which I hope will be a goodie, now Charlie release is out I'm confident that I can be finished by the end of the month.

Hope you don't mind me posting a video of some early WIP stuff, keep up the great work guys, this is one of the best things to ever come to Arma3.

• Like 5

If I mention ARMA 3 for friends and others I talk to they always reply  " Altis Life " or " Exile".

Make new friends? :/

• Like 1

Nowhere in this thread does it say that this will not be released on the Steam Workshop. You're being a real jerk about all of this. Why are you so sensitive? Relax dude!

Don't take it personally, your about the 100th person whom asked this ;) . We are looking at putting it there if we can sort out the rights clause that's holding it up.

People please understand if the team is on edge its because of a few things you may not know or have considered:

1. We been working really hard to bring this mod to you the community so you have new content to play with (For free)

2. Spending countless hours turning into days, weeks and months. Working with a small team (whom don't get paid BTW)

3. Constantly having to rethink and redo our work after every update, hotfix or patch BIS releases.

4. Modding that at times feels like a job which is tedious, monotonous & repetitive

5. Bringing forward a COMPLETE CONVERSION mod not just a few guns and a few uniforms.

6. When the mod is released SOME not ALL like to have a whinge and say this is broken , that is lame blah blah blah.

Everyone in the team feels the same and I guarantee ANYONE whom joins a mod group like our and works as hard as we do , to have this happen WILL react the same way my team mates have. We take it as a slap in the face and well it gets to us sometimes.

Now lets look at our mod and what we have accomplished  :

1 . We are the oldest surviving Mod in the Arma series myself being the last original member from its inception in 2004!

2 . Have made 6 major releases spanning across 4 game engines.

3 . Have produced the most realistic,atmospheric jungle mod to date in each and every title.

4.  The first mod to use and release APEX assets in our maps for the community

5.  Have never given up or shut up shop and have relearned 4 different engines and how to mod them, each one progressively harder than the last

6.  Offered a massive amount of content each time we have made a release.

7.  Never charged a cent to anyone for the new content.

While we understand there are those out there that are genuinely trying to help we simply don't have the manpower to correct every little detail. Only major game breaking errors will be looked at just after release. I will try and organise to open a public section of our DEV bug tracker account so you can post you bug reports there so that the same bug is not reported multiple times here.

And yes I read EVERY POST ;)

Peace

SaV

• Like 15

Don't take it personally, your about the 100th person whom asked this ;) . We are looking at putting it there if we can sort out the rights clause that's holding it up.

People please understand if the team is on edge its because of a few things you may not know or have considered:

1. We been working really hard to bring this mod to you the community so you have new content to play with (For free)

2. Spending countless hours turning into days, weeks and months. Working with a small team (whom don't get paid BTW)

3. Constantly having to rethink and redo our work after every update, hotfix or patch BIS releases.

4. Modding that at times feels like a job which is tedious, monotonous & repetitive

5. Bringing forward a COMPLETE CONVERSION mod not just a few guns and a few uniforms.

6. When the mod is released SOME not ALL like to have a whinge and say this is broken , that is lame blah blah blah.

Everyone in the team feels the same and I guarantee ANYONE whom joins a mod group like our and works as hard as we do , to have this happen WILL react the same way my team mates have. We take it as a slap in the face and well it gets to us sometimes.

Now lets look at our mod and what we have accomplished  :

1 . We are the oldest surviving Mod in the Arma series myself being the last original member from its inception in 2004!

2 . Have made 6 major releases spanning across 4 game engines.

3 . Have produced the most realistic,atmospheric jungle mod to date in each and every title.

4.  The first mod to use and release APEX assets in our maps for the community

5.  Have never given up or shut up shop and have relearned 4 different engines and how to mod them, each one progressively harder than the last

6.  Offered a massive amount of content each time we have made a release.

7.  Never charged a cent to anyone for the new content.

While we understand there are those out there that are genuinely trying to help we simply don't have the manpower to correct every little detail. Only major game breaking errors will be looked at just after release. I will try and organise to open a public section of our DEV bug tracker account so you can post you bug reports there so that the same bug is not reported multiple times here.

And yes I read EVERY POST ;)

Peace

SaV

Well said!  I wish you guys continued success!

• Like 1

And Savage didn't even mention the time it takes to test each

-component of content

-version

-final release

Which can also get very tedious especially when a bug is found at that point....

Can really sap one's strength...

I totally agree as one who used unsung on arms 2 and to arma3 I think these guys are great in what they deliver out of there own time and resources, I am embarrassed when I see these jerks demanding this or that, take the mod for what it is and enjoy what in reality is a free game.

• Like 3

Has the uniform pack been updated as well, or is it still at Bravo?

Look inside the unsung folder and you will see the optional uniforms pack. We already know 1-3 newest uniforms are possibly not working, but those are of the newest ones and all the old and some of the new completely work fine!

I've noticed the sandbags used for the outposts on Da Krong have an odd color. I was trying to tweak it, making it less saturated, but looking at the texture, it doesn't match up?

https://vgy.me/jXLozL.png

I've tried to tweak the uns_buildings\data\sbag.rvmat, but that seems to have no effect either.

How is the color being controlled for this model?

hi tinter are you in our team?

i guess you didn't read our license which says

Modification: Editing this software is prohibited. By downloading this software you agree that you will not unpack or debinarize the materials in any way. You will not edit, adapt, export or otherwise tamper with the software content. You acknowledge that your right to use this software will be terminated by any act of tampering with the software.

best leave off editing our mod without permission eh?

if you wish to contribute then by all means contact sgt_savage and join up properly.

we can use help.

• Like 2

Ive been getting these errors when I launch the Maps that come with the pack: a3\vegetataion_f_exp\clutter\tree\t_cyatheaf.p3d and a3\vegetataion_f_exp\clutter\grass\c_grassbunch_hi.p3d Coudl it be a problem with my mods or is it my game itself or could I be the mod? Nobody else has brought this up so I just want some help trouble shooting. this is my parameter lineup @CBA_A3;@ace;@UNSUNG_3.0_Charlie;@mcc_sandbox;@taw_viewdistance;@Black Ops Weapons 80's 90's;@US Military Mod. If someone can help it would be very appreciated I havent been able to see any jungle or tress where it should be since I played the map on  3.0C. by the way the work you guys have done is really good The pack started off looking good and got so much better keep up the work.

awesome game tonight - i was combat testing the K50m properly - good sprayer up to 200m.

the vegetation on Da Krong is just gorgeous!

river21_zpsiybizmhz.jpg

• Like 6