sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

I mean if the crashing is easy to duplicate just mucking about in the editor with only Unsung content being used, why not post your logs to Dropbox or something, link it here, and let them take a look?

• Like 3

Hello there

I've been playing on the only apparent public hosted game on the net and have had no crashes whatsoever, only buckets of fun. YMMV

I love the sheer amount of weapons and items, it's not BI quality, but its definitely good enough.

I heartily recommend this mod, its rather splendid.

A rough diamond, if you will, a bit like me.

Rdgs

LoK

No update until Xmas time is no biggie. The fixes and additions in Charlie are quite nice. I'll just throw together a template for all of Unsung for WLA and then make another version as a temp until the UH-1s are fixed. Egg, will we be receiving only fixes for Charlie around Xmas or possibly a delta release as well? ;)

Also, Unsung doesn't have support vehicles outside of medieval helicopters. WLA uses the support vehicles (repair, rearm, etc) and I'm not sure what to use in place so that it fits. I don't want to add a dependency like IFA3 LITE, but would like to have it fit in and not be like "oh, there's our Repair HEMTT in Nam lol.

Any ideas on what to use for the support vehicles?

• Like 1

I got CTD everytime i spawn some armored car with 30 cal, M113 with mortar and flamethrower.

Well done guys and thanks. I have no crashes ect only make so missions or play so from store. Do not take any notice of people who wings as the simple answer is there is no other Vietnam game . Also these guys forget its free and you have put in your own time and resources for nothing. Its a great mod and gets better every release. Thanks.

Is the current flight mechanics for the Huey's intended? They are VERY sensitive to any input currently.

I got CTD everytime i spawn some armored car with 30 cal, M113 with mortar and flamethrower.

This is strange because I've spawned almost evrey single unit theyve added. I think I just havent spawned the boats and a few different jet variants. I have only recieved a sonfig error on like 3 of the units, but have not crashed. I also haven't crashed while moving about in the 3d editor to check out the new landscape with Tanoa vegetation (Great work btw, the map looks really good and plays much better than the previous version), but I have not actually played a mission on the map outside of like 10 mins running around with stuff on the map to see how it runs.

the mod is WIP guys. remember that and enjoy what you can, despite all our mistakes and fuckups.

• Like 5

As I was browsing the helicopters (damn do they look good btw) I noticed not only are the UH1s having some issues but also the chinooks. The good part is the main gunners seem to be working fine, just not synced up to their gun (looks like their aiming a gun just above their gun), but I noticed the back gunner sticking through and he also jumps out at mission start (other guys stay in, again; just slightly off). Haven't checked the guns a go go yet, about to so I'll let you know if there's any more of that.

I don't want you to think I'm bitch ing btw, just letting you guys know what I found. I'll include all the helicopter class names in the edited post once I check the guns a go go and all the helicopters for that matter.

Another note, the A-7s give a black box error upon spawning (I'll post a screenshot). Been looking at everything and I gotta say these are looking great, keep up the good work.

Seems like most of the gunners for the helicopters are not quite lined up but seem to work fine (other than the ones who are in the wrong spots or floating in the roof and instantly disembark upon load). As for the list of the helicopters with floating units or in the wrong spots (rendering gunners useless) are below, this doesn't include the ones hwere the gunners are just not lined up properly (though some have that issue as well).

uns_UH1C_M6_M200_M134

uns_UH1C_M6_M200

uns_UH1C_M6_M158

uns_UH1C_M6_1AC

uns_UH1C_M21_M200

uns_UH1C_M21_M158_M134

uns_UH1C_M21_M158

uns_UH1C_M21_1AC

uns_UH1F_M6_M158_Hornet

uns_UH1F_M21_M158_Hornet

uns_ch_47_m60_arvn

uns_ch_47_m60_army

uns_ch_47_m60_usmc

uns_ch_47_m60_1AC

uns_ach47_m200

uns_ach47_m134

A-7 error:

http://imgur.com/a/3pBJj

Note on the Guns a Go Go, the Copilot is kicked out and when I tried to put him in it was full. the UH1's I tried weren't getting full, but I did notice they weren't shooting in most cases and when I went to be the gunner it would lock the camera forward and the gun would rotate where my mouse was going but no one was on the gun and I couldn't see what  Iwas aiming at. Hope this helps you guys out.

I mean if the crashing is easy to duplicate just mucking about in the editor with only Unsung content being used, why not post your logs to Dropbox or something, link it here, and let them take a look?

No problem! https://www.sendspace.com/file/kf0z41Look it my crash log. ArmA3 with all DLC + CBA and UNSUNG Mod.

• Like 1

I am having a major bug/problem with the mod and apex.  Infantry die if they are shot int he finger/foot/anywhere with any caliber when they are wearing unsung uniforms.  They can be naked (wearing no gear/clothing) and they survive a bullet, but when while wearing unsung uniforms, they die instantly, even if shot in the hand.  Is there a fix? Does it have something to do with how I installed the mod?   I remember the mod had a similar problem before, but it was resolved.  Now it seems to be back.  Is it an install/compatibility problem, or is it a issue with the mod itself? 

I am having a major bug/problem with the mod and apex.  Infantry die if they are shot int he finger/foot/anywhere with any caliber when they are wearing unsung uniforms.  They can be naked (wearing no gear/clothing) and they survive a bullet, but when while wearing unsung uniforms, they die instantly, even if shot in the hand.  Is there a fix? Does it have something to do with how I installed the mod?   I remember the mod had a similar problem before, but it was resolved.  Now it seems to be back.  Is it an install/compatibility problem, or is it a issue with the mod itself?

What other mods are you running?

As I was browsing the helicopters (damn do they look good btw) I noticed not only are the UH1s having some issues but also the chinooks. The good part is the main gunners seem to be working fine, just not synced up to their gun (looks like their aiming a gun just above their gun), but I noticed the back gunner sticking through and he also jumps out at mission start (other guys stay in, again; just slightly off). Haven't checked the guns a go go yet, about to so I'll let you know if there's any more of that.

@Transflux

Do you also have the same issue I have?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193364-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-30c-charlie-released/?p=3076417

i'm really not interested in the detailed bug reports cheers. the ejecting gunners started happening sometime during testing. when nothing had been changed on the helis. this leads us to believe its a temporary BIS fuckup, like when al lthe FFV guys started aiming empty guns into the air for a few weeks. please don't bother to report stuff, it's tedious.

This is strange because I've spawned almost evrey single unit theyve added. I think I just havent spawned the boats and a few different jet variants. I have only recieved a sonfig error on like 3 of the units, but have not crashed. I also haven't crashed while moving about in the 3d editor to check out the new landscape with Tanoa vegetation (Great work btw, the map looks really good and plays much better than the previous version), but I have not actually played a mission on the map outside of like 10 mins running around with stuff on the map to see how it runs.

Sorry i fogot to add , spawn only 3 mentioned vehicles with playable commander/gunner seats, and try to switch between them

Yes wiki, and I'll let you know that the TOW and ARA versions work fine (no gunners added) and the Slick works too (only the gunners aren't mounting the MGS so when your transport gets off that helicopter has no protection as the gunners are pilots who are equipped with pistols). All the chinooks work fine as well, the guns a go go work as well but no copilot and no room inside.

i'm really not interested in the detailed bug reports cheers. the ejecting gunners started happening sometime during testing. when nothing had been changed on the helis. this leads us to believe its a temporary BIS fuckup, like when al lthe FFV guys started aiming empty guns into the air for a few weeks. please don't bother to report stuff, it's tedious.

What about reports of the editor crashing?

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a mod dev ask people not to post about issues.

• Like 1

What is trying to be communicated is that the Charlie release was made to address specific bug issues that were deemed too important to wait for a later release.  The other stuff is apparently a known issue and continual recycling of "hey it is broken" will not contribute.  In other words these things are "known issues and being investigated". 

• Like 3

Will this be available through the Steam Workshop?

NO.  It will not, as has been stated numerous times.

Case in point to my last post... you could lock this discussion right now and it would have the same effect as recycling the same answers over and over for the next 3 months!  ;)

• Like 2

NO.  It will not, as has been stated numerous times.

Case in point to my last post... you could lock this discussion right now and it would have the same effect as recycling the same answers over and over for the next 3 months!  ;)

Nowhere in this thread does it say that this will not be released on the Steam Workshop. You're being a real jerk about all of this. Why are you so sensitive? Relax dude!

Well, to be fair there is nothing about known issues. One thing that helps keep people from posting the already known common issues is to have a small section indicating that you guys are aware of these. Just to thin out the posts about bugs. If they were known I wouldn't have bothered listing them, but it's no big deal as I already have them all listed out. For your guys' sanity.