sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

Sorry to report that bug, bu tthe helicopter door gunners are still bugged.

They're not sitted on the right spot.

I'm runnung Unsung with no other mod.

Does someone else have the problem that Arma 3 stops working and crashes after short time when you are in the editor on DaKrong.

A friend of mine has the same problem.

Tested only with Unsung, no other mods.

Yes, same thing happens for me. One or two times I managed to enter the 3D world but crashed within 30 sec.

/KC

Seems like you didn't make XM177E2 with visible 20rnd mags.. that's lame. 30rnd mags were pretty rare in Vietnam.. Otherways i'm pretty impressed. Tho i'm still waiting US cargo trucks and other maps and ponchos.

The 20-round vs. 30-round discussion has been beat to death.  No longer a dead horse discussion... it is a dead horse zombie discussion :)  Suffice to say they existed, therefore since everyone would bitch about "why do I only have 20 rounds" the decision was made by the group some time ago to include both 20- and 30-round mags. 

That being said, "pretty lame" is about how I would describe the mechanics for showing magazines on the model.  It is more than a simple check box.

Ponchos - are you trying to be funny or being serious?  That too was beat to death and will almost certainly NOT ever be included.  You're welcome to explore the Bravo discussion thread to find more detail on that subject.  But let's not bring it up here shall we...? "case closed"

• Like 4

rathe rthan make the ammo box even more cluttered - imagine if we included a 20 round and 30 round version of every model! - we decided to do E1 as early war with 20 round mag and E2 with 30 round mag for later war. it is up to you how you choose to use them. asking for an E2 with a 20 round mag is being real dumb, sorry, but it is lol.

• Like 2

Sorry to report that bug, bu tthe helicopter door gunners are still bugged.

They're not sitted on the right spot.

I'm runnung Unsung with no other mod.

Here is the bug:

1470671069-image.jpg

As you can see, on the UH-1D, the gunners are not on the rght spot.

on the UH-1C, the gunner is above the chopper.

Those are 2 separate issues.  Left-most one is due to a missing/incorrect "gunnerAction" animation.

The one on the right may be due to placement issues w/ overlapping proxy number assignments on the "fire from vehicle" so-called "cargo turrets".  If the proxy numbers have overlapped it may be confused and filling them in by the numbers so to speak.  Pure guesswork on my part however!

• Like 1

Here is the bug:

1470671069-image.jpg

As you can see, on the UH-1D, the gunners are not on the rght spot.

on the UH-1C, the gunner is above the chopper.

I was getting this too, the mission I use dynamically spawns everything at the start so I wonder how that will effect the units when I put them in.

Isn't Charlie version supposed to have it fixed?

- Fixed door-gunners on UH1

Or was it something else (another bug with the door gunners)?

"a sudden surprise" doesn`t quite cover it. Didn`t expect anything post bravo for at least a few months.....

Many thanks to all :)

• Like 1

Nice work fellas! So awesome that you decided to go ahead and use the APEX Tanoa foliage as it really makes the jungle settings come alive with much better system performance. There's currently no other *game*, never mind modification, that comes remotely close to simulating jungle warfare in the Vietnam War era like Unsung does. Also, kudos for using the Torrent download format, I was pulling the file down the pipe at 12.5 MiB/s. :)

• Like 2

The "feel" of this mod is outstanding - any infantry based missions out (SP)?

I'd like to make some, but I can't as long as the choppers are bugged... :(

I'm actually working on porting over Whole Lotta Tanoa (Whole Lotta altis on Tanoa, great mission, WLA is amazing and completely flexible with mods) to use Unsung units. I'm trying to get the authors permission and clarification on making the mission a little better on Tanoa since there's no real factories, power plants, etc for resources. I'd port it to the Unsung map, but it's just too small and also needs resource points, which just wouldn't make much sense in that jungle. Maybe if I can find some better buildings to suit the atmosphere I could drop it in an Unsung map. This of course is all assuming the author is cool with this (he hasn't really worked on it for a while and doesn't want to so I'd be wilLing to bet he won't mind. Plus with this info I could port it to any map and set up templates for really any mod set).

@wiki have you tried loading the game and seeing if they spawn in correctly? Not able to test this right now. Also if they do fine when spawned dynamically (ALIVE or other setups that spawn units post mission start, not hand placed in the editor).

Bah, after testing they are just getting out and running off. Hopefully we can get a fix for this soon.

• Like 1

Got the green light to play around with WLA and port it and create new templates. Once the helicopter issues are fixed I should have a few different maps to play this on with dyNami mis sons involving all the units and vehicles in this mod. Also playing around trying to get the Iron Front factions to be lined up correctly for the WW2 version of WLA, if anyone's interested in WW2 as well :)

Hopefully they can fix it fairly quick

• Like 2

Got the green light to play around with WLA and port it and create new templates. Once the helicopter issues are fixed I should have a few different maps to play this on with dyNami mis sons involving all the units and vehicles in this mod. Also playing around trying to get the Iron Front factions to be lined up correctly for the WW2 version of WLA, if anyone's interested in WW2 as well :)

Sounds awesome, keep us posted on your progress!

Sounds awesome, keep us posted on your progress!

Will do, I'll post something in here and on the iron front discussion when I get some stuff rolling out. I'll just be bumping SaOk's original thread with my progress and updates. He says he wants to finish updating the mission (It works perfectly fine, he just wants to add some more stuff) but doesn't know when he will as he's also working on a game on UE4. My plan was to increase the resource facilities on the maps that have very little (all but altis basically), generate several templates (unsung, correct ww2, CUP, etc) and bring it over to several maps that would benefit from the dynamic mission. The mods scripting and background workings are far too complicated for me to just jump in and start tinkering, I have to get base info and such from SaOk, but I'm sure if there's some features you guys would like I could try my hand at implementing them. SaOk has been a great help in getting me familiar with the workings of the mission and I've already began sorting through different unit mods and faction mods getting some ideas together along with maps to fully immerse the player in the scenario. I'd like to get a nice list of good maps that people would like to see this on along with maybe some factions they'd like to see with it. I'll update my signature to include the link to the WLA thread where everyone can post requests. I won't guarantee any will be made or made quickly (I like to PLAY ARMA too haha) but I'll do my best in my free time to accomodate.

Too many random crashes in 3.0 - 3D editor and in the game - on both maps. No matter if I walk, shoot or fly, the game regularly crash to the desktop. The first time I've run the game with ACE MOD and JSRS4. but later turned them off, suggesting incompatibility. This does not affect crashes.

P.S. Vanilla game works perfectly with other mods, without any problem.

Thanks for the update team, having a blast :)

4jCCWCh.jpg

• Like 8

Too many random crashes in 3.0 - 3D editor and in the game - on both maps. No matter if I walk, shoot or fly, the game regularly crash to the desktop. The first time I've run the game with ACE MOD and JSRS4. but later turned them off, suggesting incompatibility. This does not affect crashes.

P.S. Vanilla game works perfectly with other mods, without any problem.

do you have a paid-for correctly installed Apex DLC?

• Like 2

next update due around xmas. we only pushed this out for Apex fixes.

• Like 1

Ok, so the UH-1 door gunners won't be fixed before xmas?

Thanks.

i'm having same problem with the crashing in 3D editor, i've figured a way to make it happen. 

whenever i go into options and I set my objects and terrain to ultra it'll crash, now there's two ways of this happening.

1: If I set objects to ultra then terrain then it'll CTD

2: If I set terrain to ultra then objects then it'll be fine for a bit but after a bit of going around it'll CTD.

• Like 2

do you have a paid-for correctly installed Apex DLC?

I have bought all the DLC for ArmA3, including APEX, which works perfectly and never crashes.

I suspect that the critical error lies in some features/objects on the maps.