Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Searchlight Not Working?

After the APEX update I tried using the searchlight that is equipped on the Hellcat helicopter with no success

You can turn the searchlight on but you cannot move it around for some reason. It is really strange because the thermal camera of the chopper works just fine but the searchlight's light cannot be moved

And this issue doesn't just apply on the Hellcat alone. It also applies to every other helicopter used in the Medium Utility Helicopters Arma 3 mod. No matter if the searchlight is used by the copilot or by the door gunner the light cannot be moved

This is an important issue because a lot of missions can no longer be made if the searchlight is not working. Missions such as search and rescue ones where night vision is not used

So am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix it? Will BI fix it?

Any help appreciated

After the APEX update I tried using the searchlight that is equipped on the Hellcat helicopter with no success

You can turn the searchlight on but you cannot move it around for some reason. It is really strange because the thermal camera of the chopper works just fine but the searchlight's light cannot be moved

And this issue doesn't just apply on the Hellcat alone. It also applies to every other helicopter used in the Medium Utility Helicopters Arma 3 mod. No matter if the searchlight is used by the copilot or by the door gunner the light cannot be moved

This is an important issue because a lot of missions can no longer be made if the searchlight is not working. Missions such as search and rescue ones where night vision is not used

So am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix it? Will BI fix it?

Any help appreciated

I've noticed this as well, specifically in the Medium Utility Helicopters mod. Looking to find out what the changes were in that woud affect this since Apex

Edit: It's been reported here as well for a month: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118330

I've noticed this as well, specifically in the Medium Utility Helicopters mod. Looking to find out what the changes were in that woud affect this since Apex

Edit: It's been reported here as well for a month: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118330

Thanks for replying. One month and they have yet to fix it? Well, if this issue isn't fixed I wont be able to build the SAR mission I was planning to build. Please inform me if you find a fix for this. Maybe BI has changed a command related to the searchlight or something