Sign in to follow this  
xconkersx

Possibility of a new render for Arma 3?

Hey I been playing Arma since Arma 2, mostly in the realism aspect, I do play other things. 

I am wondering will there be a new render for Arma 3? Just like what happened in DayZ? It would definitely help a lot.

It would definitely help a lot.

Help with what? Performance because of badly scripted missions?

Most likely not.

Cheers

• Like 4

i doubt arma 3 will get a new render + the performance problems will never be fixed if that is your point about new render.

the best is to drop arma 3 and move to other similar games, such as PR, SQUAD or Insurgency (no vehicles tho). There you dont have to download tons of mods nor sitting hours in editor to create a scenario that will go half an hour and no performance problems and devs who actually care about the community. Multiplayer in these games are enjoyable compared to arma 3. You just search a server, join and and enjoy ;)

• Like 1

the best is to drop arma 3 and move to other similar games

The problem is that there are no games similar to Arma 3. ;)

• Like 3

True and not true, when someone wants to play Life RPG stuff or playing sandbox mission or doing random stuff with the editor, then he/she should stay with arma 3. if someone wants to play Tactical Teamplay Mode (infantry or with vehicles) like AAS or Skirmish, then there are several games that gives you exactly that like in arma, but with better performance, game mechanics etc. And when i read OP, he played mostly realism aspect of arma, and several games gives him realism teamplay with better performance, like PR, SQUAD, Insurgency, Day of Infamy etc.

I remember this reason. Don't know if is true:

Day SA only load a "bubble" around the player. In Day Z you don't need to know what happened at 10km. While in ArmA yes. If you shot an artillery at 20km, and pause the game, you will find the sells at 10km alt over the middle of the map in his way. If a AI tank column is coming to your position and it find enemy tanks, you computer will figth that battle even if you can't see it. So you cant save traffic like DayZ do.

PD: Putting an engine that keep in developing in ArmA 3 (that already have 3 years running) IMO look pointless, a big amount of work and new problems for something that already works.

For Arma 3? Probably not. There are some things BI said they had for Apex but couldn't come through with, but we'll probably never know what they were. Aside from that, Enfusion is a different beast, and I constantly cringe knowing that the new Engine doesn't look, or perform as good as the one Arma 3 runs on. Don't even get me started on thing like physics. In short, time will tell. Until then... At least there's No Man's Sky. XD

i doubt arma 3 will get a new render + the performance problems will never be fixed if that is your point about new render.

the best is to drop arma 3 and move to other similar games, such as PR, SQUAD or Insurgency (no vehicles tho). There you dont have to download tons of mods nor sitting hours in editor to create a scenario that will go half an hour and no performance problems and devs who actually care about the community. Multiplayer in these games are enjoyable compared to arma 3. You just search a server, join and and enjoy ;)

Project reality is just battlefield 2, it looks ugly, impossible to fly helicopters, makes shooting a rifle near impossible because of unneeded camera shake, and you play the same mission over and over and over again... Squad is literally the samething as project reality just with a cost of 40 USD which makes it 10 worse and the fact that they are not going to include planes is another big negative, lets get this straight you can not shoot in that game for you life, again with the pointless camara shake and the notchiness of aiming the rifle itself in an attempt of slowing gameplay down and i have the G502 one of the most accurate mouses on the market... insurgency is just call of duty hardcore with less flashy bs and more people hiding behind objects another arena shooter ... what is the problem with arena shooters? everyone knows all the points of interest in the map in red orchestra 2 everyone shoots and hides in the exact same place. why play any of these games when arma does everything these games can do but better? you cant compare lower tier games to the almighty game of which is arma the only thing which comes close is il-2, DCS/LOMAC/FC, steel beast, steel fury, steel armor, silent hunters 

• Like 1

For Arma 3? Probably not. There are some things BI said they had for Apex but couldn't come through with, but we'll probably never know what they were. Aside from that, Enfusion is a different beast, and I constantly cringe knowing that the new Engine doesn't look, or perform as good as the one Arma 3 runs on. Don't even get me started on thing like physics. In short, time will tell. Until then... At least there's No Man's Sky. XD

Enfusion engine is going to be used in future BIS titles which includes arma 4. dayz is just a test bed for it and not the be all/ end all final form of it either. 

Arma 3 use a 15 years old motor. For that reason the level of refinement is very big. Enfusion, will work as good after some time. Compare the the first games of PS3 and the last games and you will see a big upgrade with the same hardware.

On a smaller scale, Squad is the superior game there. While it does not offer ArmA3's size and SP experience, the movement and performance is superior, even in its early stage. 

I also like that I don't have to scroll through a gazillion RP / Life servers to find a decent tactical game like it is the case with ArmA. This could have been made far easier by including exclude parameters in the server browser (so you can exclude e.g. "dayz" or "rpg" missions) but nobody could be bothered to implement this. It's a mad task finding a server you want to play on in A3.

On a smaller scale, Squad is the superior game there. While it does not offer ArmA3's size and SP experience, the movement and performance is superior, even in its early stage.

I also like that I don't have to scroll through a gazillion RP / Life servers to find a decent tactical game like it is the case with ArmA. This could have been made far easier by including exclude parameters in the server browser (so you can exclude e.g. "dayz" or "rpg" missions) but nobody could be bothered to implement this. It's a mad task finding a server you want to play on in A3.

Exclude parameter is now implemented.

FLj4i3g.jpg

You can use -word and -"a whole phrase".

• Like 3

the movement and performance is superior, even in its early stage. 

I still think that squad and arma 3 are completely different genres.

You don't see stance adjust in movement for squad or looking independently around.Neither to lower your

rifle, use combat pace, and different movement speed.Neither does it contain fatigue system.

As squad is modern newly built game I would expect for performance to be better.

Arma 3 use a 15 years old motor. For that reason the level of refinement is very big. Enfusion, will work as good after some time. Compare the the first games of PS3 and the last games and you will see a big upgrade with the same hardware.

While game engines is 15 years old, so it's cryengine or unreal.

The way game engines evolve is through iteration, refactoring system or perhaps coding new features in.

All that still builds on top of existing engine.Some things get rewritten some things left unchanged but

the point is that 15 years old progress is not thrown out of the window is just replaced, modified, or

left as it was.

The problem with arma seem to be that some core systems weren't optimized, refactored good enough.

Being decoupling render, multithreading more systems that benefits from that.Some systems were poorly

implemented like animation system which really really needs refactoring.Backend interaction needs work

where action menu is still feature based on first arma game and remains unchanged.midrange textures

need more work.

Hopefully for next iteration of arma engine programmers and engineers look into engine development

and future better and work on core features and systems that really matter.

...and devs who actually care about the community.

So you are saying BIS aren't listening to the community?

Suggest you take a look in the Development Branch section and read some thread where the dev's are active. While there you can scroll thru the 840+ posts in the daily changelog...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/

PS: I can't comment on Squad since I never played it. I'm sure it's a great game for many people. I'm just pi***ed when some one say BIS isn't fixing/improving stuff or not listening to their customers.

/KC

• Like 2

lol you wont find tactical multiplayer servers on the public servers... join a community. 

"BIS doesn't care community" is the biggest joke I read on a gaming forum for a long time :lol:

How many companies still support their games six years after release?

• Like 1

> On a smaller scale, Squad is the superior game there.

no it's not, it's suffering from more problems than arma does at the moment, and that's even without the need for AI and a newer engine. Take a well made TVT mission and you can have 50vs50 player TVT session with 60fps. We've done it, so can anyone. All you need is someone who know's what they're doing designing the mission. Squad at the moment maxes out at 30fps even though there is nothing in it my hardware couldn't handle And you feel the slowdows way harder than in Arma, which is pretty forgiving when it comes to lower framerates, Squad starts microstuttering as soon as you drop below 50 fps.

Squads tactical Teamplay is the same as Armas tactical Teamplay on Public servers. it's extremely hit and miss, sometimes you're lucky and get a good team going, more often than not you're in a squad where nobody communicates, which is extremely frustrating.

Both games are highly dependent on their communities. In Arma, you need a clan to play with otherwise you won't get the organisation you need for big events and generally good teamplay. for Squad you have the same problems. Both games don't work well in public multiplayer, with the exception that arma is sandbox enough to create game modes that don't require tactical gameplay at all, for example Altis Life