Sign in to follow this  
Boss-Starstreams

Need to confirm if this is just on my end - update 1.60

I need to find out if this issue is mine alone, or if there are others who are experiencing the same issue after the 1.60 update?

Example screen

http://www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/arma_update_00056_issue.jpg

So I've been waiting for an update for over two months now. Basically, none of the default/production islands from BIS have this problem (They are working fine). On the other hand, (Every single community island add on I have installed) are not even playable. The sky's all look gray, and detail vegetation on terrain is missing. The biggest issue however, is that it looks as though the gamma is cranked all the way up in game on all my community islands. That includes  The all in Arma Terrain Data Pack islands. Again, EVERY single community add on I have installed was effected by this 1.60 update.

Please, is anyone else experiencing this issues since the 1.60 update?

Note: updating my video drivers as shown in the screenshot made no difference.

Thanks

Good lord man.. you are late to the party.

This was caused by the visual update released as part of 1.60.

Maps needed their lighting configs and other things like Sat maps updated.

Most maps have been updated now and you need to be running CUP terrains because AIATp is not supported anymore.

You need to go back and update all your maps.

• Like 4

This is a well known issue caused by the game's recent visual upgrade. It happened several weeks ago-Most community made islands have been fixed by now-it is up to the maker of each island to fix it.

The reason the allinarma pack is still like this is that it has been abandoned. You need to switch to the community upgrade project map pack-it has all the same islands but they are being continually updated and supported.http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30045

Ah-ninja'd by cosmic10r ;)

• Like 2

Ah-ninja'd by cosmic10r ;)

Lol. Sorry. You can have next one ;)

• Like 2

Thanks cosmic10r and ineptitude. I knew it was because of the visual update, I just wasn't sure if it effected some people and not others. I'm assuming this visual update doesn't effect the textures on the add-on vehicles and units, only the islands? That would be a LOT of updates to have to download again.

Sorry, I'm so out of date. I'm In a few classes atm and I'm getting hammered..lol

Ever since I moved to California, the jobs out here pay so little and there's so many people trying to move here because of the nice weather, you pretty much have to work twice as long to make the same money you make back east or in the mid west. I'm so sorry I moved here, but my family decided to all come here. Though regarding the weather, I really miss the thunderstorms back in Chicago.

@ineptaphid

By the way, I had an account here from when I started playing back in the days of OFP. I've been posing on the fourms for many years. I don't think it was carried over from the other ArmA 2 forums, could that be the case? I can't seem to log in these forums with that info. If I remember correct, my user name was Starstreams. Or Boss-Starstreams. neither work, and i usually use the same password. Is there a way to change my username to the old name so people recognize me?

Yup. It's just maps. The units and vehicles are fine although you will find that with apex a lot of stuff has been updated.

Worthwhile to go back and update everything.

Thanks cosmic10r

This was a pretty drastic move from BIS to force every mod maker to update their maps. I hope they don't get into the habit of breaking mods. There are a lot of maps that have not been updated, and might never be just because people get busy with their jobs ..ect.

One of my all time favs was Podagorsk from this pack.

There is a website for the ArmA3coop.pl mod makers, but it's in German. It seems like Armaholic is never up to date anymore.

I think Podagorsk is also part of CUP Terrains and it works with the new lighting configs. Oh, and that site you linked - that is not German, it's Polish. :D

Armaholic should be up to date. I get stuff from their site frequently and haven't had any issue.

The visual update was a fairly drastic change and I think the only place it might have been handled better is just some better documentation for the map makers to simplify the transition.

In the first few days everyone was running around like the sky was falling because it actually looked like it was in game lol ;)

That being said my performance is excellent right now so I feel it was worth it.

Looks like there is no update for Podagorsk for ArmA 3. That was such a great island.

I just sent FDF an email requesting one.

This was a pretty drastic move from BIS to force every mod maker to update their maps. I hope they don't get into the habit of breaking mods.

Ha! If I had a £/$/€ for every time BI broke mods with changes they've made in their patches I could retire right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing BI. The changes BI have made including the Lighting Update in 1.60 (that broke custom islands) and other changes such as the PPE update (of 1.54 that broke custom vests/helmets) and the more recent changes made to weapons in 1.62 (that broke some weapon addons) are generally good for the overall sake of the game and do bring much needed improvements. If you think this is the first time its happened then you simply haven't been paying attention...

• Like 1