Sign in to follow this  
Vazlekk

Kill Unit in Trigger?

I'm creating a scenario where two Prowlers are driving down a road. The first will be hit by an IED, once this occurs the Syndikat will open fire on the players in the second Prowler. The driver isn't apart of the group and, ironically, for simplicity, I would like him to be killed in the shooting. Now I would find it simplest if he would just die when he enters the trigger. I tried 'Driver setDamage 100;' and it said I was missing a semicolon. I would just like so when the IED goes off, another trigger just flat out kills the driver.

I'm creating a scenario where two Prowlers are driving down a road. The first will be hit by an IED, once this occurs the Syndikat will open fire on the players in the second Prowler. The driver isn't apart of the group and, ironically, for simplicity, I would like him to be killed in the shooting. Now I would find it simplest if he would just die when he enters the trigger. I tried 'Driver setDamage 100;' and it said I was missing a semicolon. I would just like so when the IED goes off, another trigger just flat out kills the driver.

Driver setdamage 1;

Make sure Driver is the Unit Name.

You can also make the IED explode by using:

IED setdamage 1;

Make sure the IED is the name of the actual IED.

Driver setdamage 1;

Make sure Driver is the Unit Name.

You can also make the IED explode by using:

IED setdamage 1;

Make sure the IED is the name of the actual IED.

I attempted to do Driver setdamage 1; and it said "On Activation: Missing;" Driver is the units name. The IED script is working just fine so I'm rather bamboozled

So I got it working for the most part. My only problem is now the driver just floors it straight into the rear of the ruined prowler, is there a way to
1. Delay his death giving him a chance to stop
2. Make him stop the prowler when the first blows up.
Really appreciating the help guys :)

vehicle_name setVelocity [0,0,0];

That will briefly stop the vehicle.