y4m_gKyzZy7lHFzMfCKSgxC1743dGg5nXpy5wLuM

Evil's Last Will

(Arma 3)

Author: Undeceived
Version: 1.4 (updated March 20th, 2023)

T R A I L E R 

y4mT0RniG38DTMfTtTevKMIaX_Wr9kefW2eyg0pR

D E S C R I P T I O N 
Eliminate a target person and witness how murder and hatred only stoke more fear and death in this land - when evil fulfills its last will.

y4meseQlr4udF_jstpsjtm6IJtEa1AaT-H6GcH5Q

F E A T U R E S 

• A story-driven one-mission-mini-campaign with many objectives, ported from Arma 1 (OFPEC score back in the days: 8 out of 10)
  • Modernized and optimized with Arma 3 features
  • Full voice acting (German)
  • English and German subtitles
  • Thrilling and dark story, set in the deep forests of northern Sahrani
  • Play as a Germany / NATO special forces operator: Infiltrate enemy positions, take out a highly valuable target, try to help local resistance forces, adapt to harsh circumstances due to missing allied support
  • Cutscenes
  • Custom music
  • Custom main menu design
  • Choose your equipment in the Arsenal, not in the briefing

R E Q U I R E M E N T S 

y4mTujQRJ_ZTkWwrBnQ5IYprFzwXiWDkbLLhAw9n

C H A N G E L O G 

v. 1.4:

• Fixed the main menu cutscenes (Arma 3 Invaders minigame deactivated).

v. 1.3:

• Bugs eliminated (including a showstopper - the evacuation chopper wouldn't come)
  • Added task types (icons)

v. 1.2:

• Bugs eliminated
  • Optimizations

v. 1.1:

• Countless bugs eliminated
  • More optimizations and stuff added
  • Finished the mission package

v. 1.0 (beta):

• Mission ported from Arma 1 to Arma 3
  • Fixed tons of bugs
  • Optimized tons of scripts and features
  • First release

D O W N L O A D

y4m2NTdcxJ88H6bqTvCs_cSKtkQLOPwvpZiM2poC

Evil's Last Will v. 1.4

OneDrive Microsoft_Office_OneDrive_(2019%E2%80%93present).svg

Evil's Last Will v. 1.4

Make sure you log out from your 1drv before clicking the link. Otherwise your name shall be known to my 1drv for all eternity. 😲

y4mXITfneXOISMpYIiMgh7Yy_GPOW3xkRjsse7qps2QAJGD71Jqd2Vh47LOWsuQ9ggrTL4VhYb7BXp5rXNtqlyJYOhN0cnrMubLwyqrt1ldNK0m0hMg__-QtxUKC-u5pIG3KM3u2Y_otMdhGbiqpJM5xbmVVANqwurPsuqT3KtdKHRPu436Bit7opuu4DoOkur65kCD8HNYMuHz9gavFRfITQ?width=1024&height=512&cropmode=none

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

:459: Great news!  I highly recommend everyone play this mission.  It is tense, well-balanced with excellent cut scenes.  I don't speak German, but I am still impressed with the voice acting (you can hear the sense of urgency in the dialogue).  I played this back in the ARMA days and thought it was the best story-driven Arma mission I had played.  And I was lucky enough to Beta-Test this in Arma 3 and am still equally impressed.

Try it, you will like it!

• Like 2

I'm all in, looking forward to this....and with a mission title like that, it's a must for me. :lol:  

For The Life of a Friend was one of the first Arma missions I ever played. Really loved that mission. 

• Like 1

I'm all in, looking forward to this....and with a mission title like that, it's a must for me. :lol:  

For The Life of a Friend was one of the first Arma missions I ever played. Really loved that mission. 

True dat Evil Organ.  For the Life of a Friend was my favorite Arma 2 mission.  Undeceived has serious talent.  Let's hope he ports that one to Arma 3 next.

Or creates us a kick-ass Tanoa mission (hint-hint).

Hello and thanks for the comments!

The download is in the first post now.

PLEASE report bugs, there might be some (or many?  :huh: ) left...

Or creates us a kick-ass Tanoa mission (hint-hint).

Haha johnnyboy, :D you know how much time I need for each project... Tanoa missions are in queue for Arma 4 times.

• Like 2

Cool. Looking forward to trying it out.

Looks great :) I never got to play your Arma2 missions-although they look amazing- and I really enjoyed Dying Ember, so I am excited for this.

Thanks

Cant play have a "Cup_Creatures_Static" error yet i have all 4 cup addons enabled

Cant play have a "Cup_Creatures_Static" error yet i have all 4 cup addons enabled

update cup units... its a new pbo in 1.7. i had the same

• Like 3

Looking good! I haven't played the original but I'll make sure to try this one.

• Like 2

Great mission.

Had a great time on obj 1. completed that.

On the way to obj 2 on second load I had a weird issue where all the AI were frozen in place... not sure what is causing it and likely nothing mission side but if anyone resumes their game and ai are frozen then let me know.

Would like to pinpoint that issue...

• Like 1

Hhmmm, not sure. I work with enableSimulation for performance purposes, but never had this.

Where exactly do they freeze?

You died and then reloaded?

Oh, and where did you reload?

And did you solve the issue for yourself or is it a gamestopper for you? (if they keep frozen, it will be.)

Thanks for reporting!

A bit more detailed ...

Just great mission man... kinda heartbreaking that it happened because I have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Spoiler alert

I managed to evade all the squads on initial mission insert...
but it was hairy... a couple times it was close... love the campfires

I saved and resumed here as I had to go out.
got up into position and just great job of immersion and camera work. really outstanding

completed that section and began puling back to extract.
took out a patrol and shot the vehicle tire to make sure it was disabled.

next i began the process of moving towards the red marker after being retasked.
moved along the coastline.

came across several AA sites in the middle of the night... super tense

20160804080123_1_zpsaiwlrvdl.jpg

Sat overtop of several vehicle patrols... very cool.

Had a mod issue where i couldnt place a mine properly but apparently that is a known issue or at least been around since before this mission

and is related to mods.

Evaded those patrols...

20160804095337_1_zpshoj1vvxb.jpg

20160804095009_1_zpskig8d0ce.jpg

Saved again here and resumed as i was taking my time.
was able to get up to a checkpoint.
and thats where i shot a guy but nothing happened.
I thought it might be some weird map LOD glitch and my shot wasnt getting through.
So i withdrew entirely rather than alert the checkpoint.

Got over top of one of the towns along the coast. the one just beyond the northern checkpoint
and shot another guy... nothing... so i ran down there and the entire patrol was frozen. One guy in midstep.

So I never died but reloaded the mission twice using resume after either autosave or my own save.

As a brief review

-Great Voice acting

-Great pace and  thorough design.

-Good performance

-Lots of tense moments and well placed enemies

-Definate Ghost Recon feel and love the length... i was at least 2 hours in when this all happened and only half way to OBJ 2

Really loving the recent missions by You, Lightspeed and killjoy. 

• Like 2

Very interesting description, it could be that you went to parts of the map which you weren't supposed to go - which of course at all is not your fault, but the mission designer has to design so that this is taken into account. Depending of the stage of the mission (tasks) I enabled and disabled certain regions to get a better performance, but I think this system doesn't take the player's movement into account sufficiently, as it should.

Another possibility would be that the freezing could be related to your other used mods (on those cool screenshots I saw what appeared to be that NVG mod and you had a Cyrus), and you also described other mod problems.

But still I tend to the first theory, but it would be important for me to know, what your exact route looked like, because looking at your screens I didn't recognize the places... Could you help me with that?

Thanks a lot for your great feedback!

EDIT:

Damn, cosmic, I know now where you went! :lol: 

You went FAR of the designated route. :D 
I recognized a tent on that screen and you said red marker, so you took the eastern coast down to Mataredo, right? Haha :lol: , awesome!
How did you come to that decision? Waa the briefing / task unclear or did you go this way on purpose? Just asking, because there might be some room for improvement with the briefing tasks. You DID have the briefing tasks shown in the notes, right? (atm there's an Arma bug which hides them - check the first post for more info, if needed).

And did you get to the resistance camp eventually?

My first theory was right though, you hit an area that was completely disabled because according to the task you were supposed to be at the west coast at that moment.

Ok, there's still much to do for me, thanks for this intel, mate!

• Like 1

Hey Undeceived!

Nice timing, I just started playing Dying Ember. (I'm late, I know...)

Looking forward to play this mission, too. Sounds very promising.

And +1 for a Ftloaf port. :D

• Like 2

It's never too late to start something! :) Good to hear from you, Clayman!

• Like 1

wow another one from Undeceived! i didn't play this one yet but i already know it's a top notch!

• Like 1

Yep... you got my route right lol

It was partly the task disappearing and my natural tendency to play off the beaten path.

I saw the checkpoint marker just east of Materedo and thought i should likely investigate lol

I resumed and made my way to next objective and all was well and i was able to resume.

Played thru a bunch more.

Gonna send you a pm about a diff thing and see what you think...

I resumed and got back on track...

10/10

Have some cool pics and video to post later!

Been a long time since i got sucked into a mission this way... think im on hour 6

Cant recommend this mission enough...

Kudos to the voice actors and all involved and just really great job of this mission man... can't say that enough...  :clap:

• Like 3

Wow mate, not in my wildest dreams I would imagine that one can spend over 6 hours in this mission! :D :D

Sure, send over the media, I'm looking forward to it!

I also just started Dying Ember, loving it but had a similar issue like this:

Great mission.

Had a great time on obj 1. completed that.

On the way to obj 2 on second load I had a weird issue where all the AI were frozen in place... not sure what is causing it and likely nothing mission side but if anyone resumes their game and ai are frozen then let me know.

Would like to pinpoint that issue...

...at some point mission forces Pavlos to leave the group to be reunited later but when all the stuff happens and group rejoins with Pavlos, they don't respond to any command, they acknowledge the commands but also stand still. Tried several times and proceeded to "end mission" command. At least I did most of the mission and only missed out on a "long walk back to hideout" according to next missions' briefing.

Enjoying Dying Ember now, looking forward to this one. Thanks.

ed: Enjoyed Dying Ember, apparently I was near the end, -to be continued tho : D

Glad to see you are back in the mission making business Undeceived :)

Congrats for the release!

Thanks, wiki.

Variable, actually I never was gone, apart from a month here, some weeks there, etc. I just need too much time to finish something 😜😜 (until my "wishlist" for the project is complete, but also due to RL time limits of course). But the ideas for missions are there, even that much that I'll probably never be able to realize most of them in the time available. But there is more in the pipeline.

• Like 2

Great mission so far! I´m enjoying plaing it! But me too have problem with task where i need to contact the resistance... russian units are frozen and there are no resistance