Sign in to follow this  
basilhare

Need a Suggestion for Good Sandbox Co-Op Scenario

We have a group of five friends that are new to Arma 3...we want a good open / sandbox / campaign co-op game that we can play on a private server...we are currently playing Antistasi Altis....we love the scope of that scenario but are finding it too difficult for us at our skill level...any other suggestions of open/sandbox long campaigns such as Antistasi but are more friendly to new players....? Thanks.

Or just make your own campaign with zeus. That way you can tailor the difficulty to your personal needs.

I did a multisession zeus-campaign with my friends a while ago. We used a customized mission template that allowed us to save loadouts and specific items/vehicles in a DB to keep it persistent over several sessions.

We basically played as resistance fighters on chernarus and had free reign on how to deal with the situation. Every round one of us (not always the same) would be zeus and the others decide on what to do in that session (raid military bases to get supplies, occupy the radiotower to send out a rogue transmission, get explosives from a nearby quarry, .... things like that)

the zeus then prepares the mission on the fly, while everyone suits up/drives to the mission area and off we go.

The cool thing about that is the sheer amount of flexibility. With a good zeus you can even roleplay certain parts of the mission that you couldn't directly play out in ArmA (like interrogating a captured officer).

Sure it takes some getting used to but I can only recommend giving it a try.

It's a bit like playing a good old pen&paper rpg, only with more action.

I recommend you play any of Phantom's missions. Its not sandbox sot there are endings or goals but it is good for 1.5- 3 hours of immersion.

Feels like you are in a movie instead of watching it. Better with COOP.

MCC is also a good alternative, especially when you are too few to be able to afford to have a dedicated Zeus player. Have the mission maker throw down a couple of zones, populate them and then allow the mission maker to play a less crucial role.