Hello there!

I'm having trouble setting up vehicle-in-vehicle transport and I think the major cause is my lack of knowledge about my models config.cfg file.

As I understand the official vehicle-in-vehicle transport wiki page, there should be 2 verts defining the cargo-space, and at least one defining the enter-exit point. My question is then, where do I define them?

My problem is, I cant load anything into the truck, not from the editor nor in-game. I'm fairly used to cpp programming, but I can't quite wrap my head around this issue.

If anyone have some good documentation for the config.cfg, it will be much appreciated!

(I know of this)

My basic config.cfg structure is as follows:

class cfgVehicles
{
  class Truck;
  class Truck_F : Truck
  {
    // Hitpoints defined
  };
  class my_base_class : Truck_F
  {
    // Model definition etc.
  };
  class actual_used_class : my_base_class
  {
    class VehicleTransport
    {
      scope = 2;
      class Carrier
      {
        // the stuff from the wiki-page
};};};};

As I understand the official vehicle-in-vehicle transport wiki page, there should be 2 verts defining the cargo-space, and at least one defining the enter-exit point. My question is then, where do I define them?

Memory LOD of the model.

The comments in the config example tell you that they're memory LOD points:

// Memory points in model defining cargo space

// Memory points in model defining cargo space// Memory points in model defining loading ramps, could have multiple

Should just be a matter of having single points in that LOD with those selection names.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers!

I have made 2 points defining the cargo-space and one defining the enter/exit point, in the memory-LOD. I have named them the same as in the reference. 

I'm sorry I have to ask, but do I have to declare the points within model.cfg? In that case I suspect the problem is solved.

I copied the example of the carrier from the reference, into the class Carrier as mentioned in the original post.

Thanks for the answers!

I have made 2 points defining the cargo-space and one defining the enter/exit point, in the memory-LOD. I have named them the same as in the reference. 

I'm sorry I have to ask, but do I have to declare the points within model.cfg? In that case I suspect the problem is solved.

I copied the example of the carrier from the reference, into the class Carrier as mentioned in the original post.

I'd assume you'd have to define them in the model.cfg. Its worth giving it a try nonetheless to be perfectly sure

Edit:

It seems I might have been a little too quick on the trigger there, as my issue was with the points not being on the right places, since I forgot to apply their location in blender. 

I can confirm that you do not have to declare the points in model.cfg, they just have to be in the memory-LOD and in a named group. 

I think what made my trouble before starting this thread, was my not-working config.cpp, since a fresh copy made it work like a charm. 

Before discovering the root of my issue, I managed to make yet another post, but since it is obsolete now, I've deleted it. 

Thanks for your help guys!

I am having a issue setting this up, I fear its my memory point set up and the arma example is not the greatest. Would it be possible to show me your memory LOD just so I can see if its the issue. The vehicle has the loading icon so looks all good from config point of view, but no loading option. 

Thanks