mickeymen

Character standing up while prone/crawling

After the update 1.60, I noticed a strange error - the my character automatically gets up from the prone position. 

This sometimes happens when I crawl in the prone and simultaneously start turning my character by means the mouse in the any side. After this, sometimes the player's character stands up to his full height and kills any stealth mission! 

This is Very unpleasant surprise for any player/ BIS please fix this

Are you running any mods? Namely, any mods relating to animations or movement in general such as the Enhanced Movement Mod or similar?

The previous patch (1.58) caused issues with various animation mods, and now with the introduction of limping in 1.60 there may be further issues.

I ask only because I've not experienced any automatic standing up in the few hours I've played since the patch so it sounds like a mod conflict.

• Like 1

Are you running any mods? Namely, any mods relating to animations or movement in general such as the Enhanced Movement Mod or similar?

I don't have any movement mods. I Use only ACE3 together wit CBA mods.

In the those mods the modifications of movement anim no exist.  I like to play a lot of stealth missions, so I noticed it. Probably many of the users still haven't noticed this problem.

However, this is just my guess

A similar problem has long existed in Arma3. Without any mods.

I sure, that many saw as the player's character rises to his full height( !even under enemy fire) from the prone position, if the player is near a low stone fences or stones. 

Only now is an additional problem.

Yeah I quite often go from prone to standing if I crawl too close to a stone wall.

• Like 1

Yeah I quite often go from prone to standing if I crawl too close to a stone wall.

Yes and It's amazing, how BIS is still not fixed it. For example, I've reported this issue > 1.5 years ago. 

• Like 1

Same! With no mod at all (just BI DLC). It's more evident since 1.60

• Like 1

I have this annoying issue where 50% of the time, when I stop crawling, my character stands up. Of course I die almost every time because of it. Coz AI seem to have a special propensity to spot prone figures, it seems.

So what gives?

I'm crawling in the middle of the forest, no objects near me.

The site is already running

Yeah, but you reported similar bug. You reported your character is self-standing when touching some terrain hump. I reported he is self-standing when pushing W and some other controls (on phrone). My ticket is closed and propably wasnt readed till end, and your ticket is revieved, normal (status) and remain unresolved till arma 4. its 2 diferent problems.