grooovy

Russian navy boats (3D models)

You wouldn't be able to use them anytime soon anyway as they are only .obj/.dds files until i learn how to put them in game.

The textures are in .dds? Sounds like they were taken from a game, normally when you buy them they won't come in that format.

• Like 3

The textures are in .dds? Sounds like they were taken from a game, normally when you buy them they won't come in that format.

they come in multiple different format, same for the 3D models. They work with windows 10 3D viewer program and photoshop right off the bat.

You have to understand there's a big problem with models these days as if they aren't "royalty free" (in other words, extracted from a commercial product) then they are taboo.  You simply cannot use them, for any use.

However thanks for the clarification of your intentions.

• Like 3

the model is not 300m long.

the model can be scaled up, almost no one makes a true 1:1 scale model in a 3d program most of us make them very large, and then scale them down to the correct size. 

the model can be scaled up, almost no one makes a true 1:1 scale model in a 3d program most of us make them very large, and then scale them down to the correct size. 

wrong, experienced 3d artists always use real world scale for the content they are creating...

I have about 15+ ships and a few soviet submarines, i havent posted all of them. Some of the models were bought and downloaded on http://www.turbosquid.com others were provided to me by a close friend about 3-4 years ago when he was in college doing 3D design. He worked on assassins creed syndicate, some lego games and other titles. I believe some of the models can also be found on the internet, i can't recall where i got all of them from as they've been sitting on my hard drive for a long time.

One of the reason why i dont want to publish all of them right now is because i do not know everything about the BIS TOS regarding models bought online, i would have to read or search infos about it before releasing them to the public so for now they will remain for my personal use.

I appreciate the help thanks to everybody!

thank you for the honest answer

Put simply, you absolutely cannot import these into the game without permission from the original authors, even for "personal use". It's a violation of forum rules at the very least.  You don't "own" the model, the creator of the work owns it. 

I have about 15+ ships and a few soviet submarines, i havent posted all of them. Some of the models were bought and downloaded on http://www.turbosquid.com others were provided to me by a close friend about 3-4 years ago when he was in college doing 3D design. He worked on assassins creed syndicate, some lego games and other titles. I believe some of the models can also be found on the internet, i can't recall where i got all of them from as they've been sitting on my hard drive for a long time.

One of the reason why i dont want to publish all of them right now is because i do not know everything about the BIS TOS regarding models bought online, i would have to read or search infos about it before releasing them to the public so for now they will remain for my personal use.

I appreciate the help thanks to everybody!

Well even before you consider releasing them, you check out the forum rules:

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

Well even before you consider releasing them, you check out the forum rules:

Well let's be honest if i wanted to release it as a mod there's not much you could do about it. Realistically speaking but like i have previously said I have no intentions to do so until i have more information since im an honest person. The good news some of the models i have were made by a close friend and i will most likely release them to the public when they are ready but for now there's a lot of work to be done.

wrong, experienced 3d artists always use real world scale for the content they are creating...

thank you for the honest answer

Some game engines have limitations and sometime you are forced to make a compromise, in the case of the Kuznetsov it is a massive model for arma 3 and i doubt i would be able to keep the same size/scale without losing a bit of quality for the sake of better optimization. I spoke with TeTeT and one of the challenge is to clean cut the model in different sections to make it visible and stable.

Also i am relatively new to 3D modeling, fortunately i have my friend helping me. My main expertise is photoshop (been at it for 8 years) so this is more of a hobby/past time for me at the moment. I don't expect any of those models to make it to the game anytime soon with university and the army being in my way. However, if anyone wish to help or contribute let me know, i'd be happy to provide the files.

• Like 1

Well let's be honest if i wanted to release it as a mod there's not much you could do about it. 

I wouldn't advise taking that tone with moderators, or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't advise taking that tone with moderators, or anyone else for that matter. 

i suggest you read what i said again, there was nothing wrong with the tone of my post.

i suggest you read what i said again, there was nothing wrong with the tone of my post.

I would have to disagree, there is quite a few things i can do as a forum moderator. If you decided to take the route of releasing content without permission, you could potentially lose the right post on these forums.

I do hope we don't have to proceed down that road, but i would appreciate that you don't use an argumentative tone when all i was doing was pointing out the rules of this forum in a polite manner, as you may have not been aware of the implications of releasing content without permission. I really didn't expect that you would react in such a manner which suggests that you don't care for the rules of the forum.

• Like 2

I would have to disagree, there is quite a few things i can do as a forum moderator. If you decided to take the route of releasing content without permission, you could potentially lose the right post on these forums.

I do hope we don't have to proceed down that road, but i would appreciate that you don't use an argumentative tone when all i was doing was pointing out the rules of this forum in a polite manner, as you may have not been aware of the implications of releasing content without permission. I really didn't expect that you would react in such a manner which suggests that you don't care for the rules of the forum.

Understandable, however if you took the time to read my post I clearly indicated I had no intentions to take that road. Argumentative or not, I explained myself in a polite and constructive manner. The tone is irrelevant/subjective, no rules we're broken. I was simply bringing up a point on the matter, I had no malicious intend and/or intentions to break the rules.

Now that we have a better understanding, I'll keep this thread updated if i make any progress on my end, in the mean time, like i've previously said the mods won't be released until i get more informations or proper approval. There's also a lot of work to be done so they won't see the light anytime soon.

I hope this message properly indicate what are my true intentions and there's no confusion.

Hey. Nice looking ships. Love that Kuznetsov aircraft carrier. Keep this awesome work up! Thanks

Best regards DonbassCZ

Just out of curiosity (apologies for the bump, and if I've missed a new topic from the author, new to the forums), but have you made any progress with the Kuznetsov and other watercraft? I'm scouring the vast web for a decent carrier, and have yet been unable to find one. Even if you're not releasing it to the public any time soon, would be brilliant to see what progress (if any) has been made.

Just out of curiosity (apologies for the bump, and if I've missed a new topic from the author, new to the forums), but have you made any progress with the Kuznetsov and other watercraft? I'm scouring the vast web for a decent carrier, and have yet been unable to find one. Even if you're not releasing it to the public any time soon, would be brilliant to see what progress (if any) has been made.

A great one is the USS Nimitz add on

• Like 2

Why do you not upload this mod

Because it's not ready.

I thought that you had stoped working on it but nice keep it up

You previous post in this thread was removed, as asking for updates is considered spam on these forums. As per the forum rules.

college and real life take priority, i work no more than 1 hour per week on it. It's a slow progress, i have little knowledge in coding and this is a learning experience.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who sells models on Turbosquid I can confirm that models purchased from there are 100% not for redistribution in any form.  If you think 'this is the internet, lol' and I can get away with it you are totally mistaken.  You will be found and TS will take vigorous legal action against you.  I can think of several instances of this recently.  This is not 1996 anymore, and IP holders take their copyright extremely seriously.

The models shown at the start of this thread look like a game rip to me.  The OP is on very dangerous ground and I would advise them never to redistribute any of this data, in any form what-so-ever.

Cheers

51 minutes ago, mt722 said:

Speaking as someone who sells models on Turbosquid I can confirm that models purchased from there are 100% not for redistribution in any form.

Methinks you're not familiar with the Royalty Free Licence

TurboSquid products are Royalty Free unless otherwise noted. This means that after purchasing the TurboSquid product you are not required to make any future payments (or pay further royalty fees), and you can use TurboSquid products for as long as you like, in multiple projects, as long as you comply with the license agreement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Methinks you're not familiar with the Royalty Free Licence

TurboSquid products are Royalty Free unless otherwise noted. This means that after purchasing the TurboSquid product you are not required to make any future payments (or pay further royalty fees), and you can use TurboSquid products for as long as you like, in multiple projects, as long as you comply with the license agreement.

i think you are the one who is not familiar with the license here

royalty free license does not mean that redistribution is allowed. And releasing an addon is precisely what it is = redistribution.

Redistribution: Most uses (including games made with Unity and Unreal) are acceptable for redistribution because the 3D files are part of a larger creation and not in an open format. Giving away the 3D model file itself is not allowed. 

Games Usage

Allowed games usage

Console, PC, web, mobile games; Virtual and augmented reality; Game mods; Closed MMOs and closed Virtual Worlds.

Prohibited games usage:

Redistributing or otherwise making TurboSquid products available to end-users.
If you are redistributing something that includes actual 3D product files, the TurboSquid files must be part of a larger creation and not in an open format that others can be downloaded. Most game engines, such as Unity and Unreal, handle this automatically. In general, to prevent your end-users from obtaining TurboSquid products, you should use proprietary formats that cannot be extracted, exported, or decompiled without reverse engineering.

Using TurboSquid products in Virtual Worlds.
This use is prohibited if the virtual world-type is an open MMO, like Second Life. However, the use is allowed if the MMO is a closed MMO, like World of Warcraft. More specifically, the 3D model may not be exported or sold.

Using TurboSquid products in Browser based games.
This use is prohibited if the game runs in Web GL and the TurboSquid products can be extracted or decompiled.

in short, binned p3d files isn't by any means a secure format. it is just optimized for game use.

"Services of a Company grants: to the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive,royalty-free, transferable license (with right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform that Content you relating to the provision of services and otherwise in connection with the Services, ..."

Source: Google

"Royalty-free, or RF, refers to the right to use copyright material or intellectual property without the need to pay royalties or license fees for each use or per volume sold, or some time period of use or sales."

Source: Wikipedia

For me @road runner's answer is the correct one in this thread.

Every model can be bought with a differend contract, as the german wiki site told me. It mainly depends on the creator of the model, not on the site (in this case 'TurboSquid') in the internet where it was sold.

Greetings from Germany