grooovy

Russian navy boats (3D models)

Hey y'all,

I got a shittons of finished 3D russian navy boat models in my computer I was wondering where can i start to import those in arma 3 as static objects?

Russian Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov

GNo1wOZ.jpg

KcrZXYp.jpg

Russian navy Gorshkov

Kj5as8V.jpg

aLOMv52.jpg

Russian navy Udaloy

4RqjTgK.jpg

Russian Navy Steregushchy

abYIaub.jpg

jZ2t4Fl.jpg

dJl9zfw.jpg

• Like 8

Lookin' good, but are any of these meant to be walkable/player-interactive objects (think the Arma 2 LHD) and not just background scenery (Arma 2 Destroyer and Fregata) because the difference is going to be important.

Good job, do you have any amphibious/landing ship like the mistral or the ropucha classes perhaps?

Good job, do you have any amphibious/landing ship like the mistral or the ropucha classes perhaps?

no i only have frigates, corvettes, destroyer type ships and a few subs.

Lookin' good, but are any of these meant to be walkable/player-interactive objects (think the Arma 2 LHD) and not just background scenery (Arma 2 Destroyer and Fregata) because the difference is going to be important.

LOD is done on all ships and they should be all walkable. Currently working on trying to import the Kuznetsov but not sure where to start, still doing some reading on arma 3 engine.
  • Like 1

I see, too bad, if you come up with one and need help with coding let me know, would like to help. Good luck. :)

• Like 1

I see, too bad, if you come up with one and need help with coding let me know, would like to help. Good luck. :)

yes understandable unfortunately the russian navy doesn't many LC, the Dyugon would be interesting to work on. 

FYI: It would be for personal use i have no interest in publishing any of those mods for now.

%C2%AB%D0%9C%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%

• Like 4

mistral order was cancelled... the two ships built are being sold to some north African country I think, 

for ships you need to break down the models into sections. the limit a model can be in arma is 60 meters in any direction, you will have to combine them as proxies in the SDK tools which I Think is object builder.  when you split the model down into sections they are technically there own object which means that each object can have a 22k tri limit. 

for ships you need to break down the models into sections. the limit a model can be in arma is 60 meters in any direction, you will have to combine them as proxies in the SDK tools which I Think is object builder.  when you split the model down into sections they are technically there own object which means that each object can have a 22k tri limit. 

gotcha, the Kuznetsov is already splitted into 3 sections.

mistral order was cancelled... the two ships built are being sold to some north African country I think, 

I know, but this is a game. We can still play pretend rather than having no amphib ship at all. :)

• Like 1

I know, but this is a game. We can still play pretend rather than having no amphib ship at all. :)

Exactly.We have a situation where spider headed Iranian aliens are fighting rebels packing F2000's and every group uses the same UAV's and guided launchers. I dont think a little thing like a cancelled order will get in the way of anyone's fun ;)

• Like 3

gotcha, the Kuznetsov is already splitted into 3 sections.

but the kuznetsov is 300 m long, 72m wide and the bottom red section of the boat is 11 meters high. around 57m tall to the top of smoke stack on the bridge. 

Hi, I'd recommend a slow approach to get the ships into game. Start with a single p3d and use a tool set like Mikero's to navigate the shallow waters of Arma model.cfg and config.cpp ;)

As a first step you should create a simple config.cpp and refer your p3d in it:

// Written by your name here

#define _ARMA_

class CfgPatches {

class YOUROFPECTAG_Ship {

units[] = {"YOUROFPECTAG_Ship"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {}; // I let pboproject create the requiredAddons, you can do it manually though

author = "your name";

};

};

class CfgVehicles {
        class Ship; // external class reference         class YOUROFPECTAG_Ship: Ship {                 scope = 2;                 scopeCurator = 2;                 scopeArsenal = 1;                 vehicleClass = "Ship";                 displayName = "Some Russian ship";                 model = "\YOUROFPECTAG_Ship\ship.p3d";                 destrType = "DestructNo";                 cost = 10000000;         };
};

Once you've got the single ship part into the game, hone your scripting skills to assemble the ship in Eden and in game. For that purpose I recommend using multiple init scripts. The Nimitz for example has thanks to Leshracks work two init scripts, one for Eden, one for in game. This is the init script that calls either one:

params[["_nimitz", ObjNull]];
private ["_parts"];

_parts =
[
        "JDG_carrier_nimspots",
        "JDG_carrier_nimlights",
        "JDG_carrier_island",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_0",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_1",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_2",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_3",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_4",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_5",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_6",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_7",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_8",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_9",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_10",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_11",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_12",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_13",
        "JDG_carrier_deck_14",
        "JDG_carrier_ele_1",
        "JDG_carrier_ele_2",
        "JDG_carrier_ele_3",
        "JDG_carrier_ele_4",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_0",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_1",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_2",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_3",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_4",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_5",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_6",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_7",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_8",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_9",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_12r",
        "JDG_carrier_hangar_34r"
];

_nimitz setVariable ["carrierParts", _parts, true];

//if in eden call eden init
if(is3DEN) then
{
        _nimitz call TTT_nimitz_fnc_edenInit;
}
else
{
        //else call default init
        _nimitz call TTT_nimitz_fnc_defaultInit;
};

The edenInit looks like this:

// Init.sqf - for USS Nimitz by JDog
//Spawns Nimitz and initializes other scripted systems
// Modified by TeTeT && Leshrack

params[["_nimitz", ObjNull]];

private ["_nimitzDirection", "_nimitzPosition", "_parts"];

//exit unless server
if ( !isServer ) exitWith {};
if ( typeOf _nimitz != "JDG_carrier_Spawner" ) exitWith {};

//get the direction and position of the object
_nimitzDirection = getDir _nimitz;
_nimitzPosition = getPos _nimitz;

//build the part array for the diffirent nimitz parts
_parts = _nimitz getVariable ["carrierParts", []];

//assemble the parts
{
        private ["_part"];
        //create part at the nimitz position
        _part = _x createVehicle _nimitzPosition;

// tie the part to the carrier spawner
        _nimitz setVariable [_x, _part, true];
        // same in reverse
        _part setVariable ["TTT_NimitzParent", _nimitz, true];

_part setDir _nimitzDirection;
        _part setPos _nimitzPosition;
} foreach _parts;

_nimitz call TTT_nimitz_fnc_attachEdenEvents;

The eden events are for changing position and removing the Nimitz. The init for in game looks similar, but adds a dozen or so compatibility variables, which may be more confusing than helpful to you right now.

Good luck!

• Like 2

but the kuznetsov is 300 m long, 72m wide and the bottom red section of the boat is 11 meters high. around 57m tall to the top of smoke stack on the bridge. 

the model is not 300m long.

FYI: It would be for personal use i have no interest in publishing any of those mods.

I'm confused - are you saying that you aren't going to publish any of these ships for the community to enjoy? 

since no one seems to be asking THE question...who made these meshes?

• Like 9

I'm confused - are you saying that you aren't going to publish any of these ships for the community to enjoy? 

For my personal use, yes. There will be no public release for now.

@Tetet

Thank you, i will have to do some reading. I haven't got into scripting&coding yet. I'm very newbish, I only use photoshop & blender.

since no one seems to be asking THE question...who made these meshes?

I have about 15+ ships and a few soviet submarines, i havent posted all of them. Some of the models were bought and downloaded on http://www.turbosquid.com others were provided to me by a close friend about 3-4 years ago when he was in college doing 3D design. He worked on assassins creed syndicate, some lego games and other titles. I believe some of the models can also be found on the internet, i can't recall where i got all of them from as they've been sitting on my hard drive for a long time.

One of the reason why i dont want to publish all of them right now is because i do not know everything about the BIS TOS regarding models bought online, i would have to read or search infos about it before releasing them to the public so for now they will remain for my personal use.

I appreciate the help thanks to everybody!

• Like 1

I have about 15+ ships and a few soviet submarines, i havent posted all of them. Some of the models were bought and downloaded on http://www.turbosquid.com others were provided to me by a close friend about 3-4 years ago when he was in college doing 3D design. He worked on assassins creed syndicate, some lego games and other titles. I believe some of the models can also be found on the internet, i can't recall where i got all of them from as they've been sitting on my hard drive for a long time.

One of the reason why i dont want to publish all of them right now is because i do not know everything about the BIS liscence regarding models bought online, i would have to read or search infos about it before releasing them to the public so for now they will remain for my personal use.

I appreciate the help thanks to everybody!

What submarines do you have!?!? Please say Oscar II...

No point in continuing this as the community won't get to enjoy them.

• Like 6

What submarines do you have!?!? Please say Oscar II...

I have soviet Delta IV and Yasen both bought about 5 years ago. They are 1500+ polygons.

I have soviet Delta IV and Yasen both bought about 5 years ago. They are 1500+ polygons.

Cool! Are you going to release any of these models?

For my personal use, yes. There will be no public release.

A shame.

You realize of course no one is going to bother to assist you.

• Like 8

Cool! Are you going to release any of these models?

It's possible, i have to go through the readme files and read the bis TOS and the licence agreement for each model i own to make sure there's no conflict (some of them are for personal use and some can be modified i believe). I wouldn't mind giving the models to anyone with the skills or ability to release them public once i ensure everything is okay.

99% of all the files are soviet/russian models sorry to disappoint you, i am a big fan of soviet and russian armements.

A shame.

You realize of course no one is going to bother to assist you.

it's understandable, however if you take the time to read my previous post (sorry if it wasn't clear), i said they would be for personal use for now until i make sure theres no problem releasing them to the public. You wouldn't be able to use them anytime soon anyway as they are only .obj/.dds files until i learn how to put them in game.