Sign in to follow this  
g50st

Arma 3 map problem [texture]

In L3DT, you need to up the scale when you're generating a mask and texture image there. If you're using the free version you're limited in size though so you wouldn't be able to generate an image big enough. A very quick and dirty way around all this would be to resize the 3 images (satellite, normal and mask) in Photoshop using the Nearest neighbour algorithm, this is mostly important for the mask images as you don't want Photoshop generating extra colours on that during the resizing.

ok thanks will try that ina bit i wont photoshop it because its just a test terrain ill try out l3dt 

Trippy. I think you need an updated config.cpp, one of the threads in this section has a few but I forget which thread it was. Have you had a map properly working before when you followed those tutorials?

Trippy. I think you need an updated config.cpp, one of the threads in this section has a few but I forget which thread it was. Have you had a map properly working before when you followed those tutorials?

Yes I have sorta everything worked but it was completely flat even thoe hills ect was in the height map but I'm probably missing something simple I'll check it out Tomrow

Yes I have sorta everything worked but it was completely flat even thoe hills ect was in the height map but I'm probably missing something simple I'll check it out Tomrow

In other words, you haven't. I would try to get one of the tutorial samples working properly before you move onto your own maps.

The Atlas one works ok, as it loads the lighting from Stratis. I "think" the lighting update broke maps who had copied the lighting part to their config...

• Like 1

The Atlas one works ok, as it loads the lighting from Stratis. I "think" the lighting update broke maps who had copied the lighting part to their config...

Yep, that sounds about right

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ok so how would i go about it then 

James kindly posted a fix for the lighting after 1.60, see Here

ok will try will i just overwrite the whole cfg and change it to mine 

Your output root folder in the mapframe propertis is probably set to p:\mytag\mymap\source instead of p:\mytag\mymap.
regenerate layers and export the wrp befor you to pack again.

ok what size would i export a hieghtmap from l3dt could i just export 1024 and in tb import layer and change it to 10240 ..  would that cause any problems with texture

ok what size would i export a hieghtmap from l3dt could i just export 1024 and in tb import layer and change it to 10240 ..  would that cause any problems with texture

heightmap is fine at 1024x1024

*edited as misread heightmap as sat map lol

heightmap is fine at 1024x1024

*edited as misread heightmap as sat map lol

ok so exporting as 1024 is fine and resizing it 

not really resizing but using a 10m cell size

yeah sorry thats what i mean em im ingame and wondering if making a higher res sat image fix this 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/492401650182124174/6F4F457BCF3571A912D44AAA297704237F8FA7CE/

the textures are just a blurr until your close then its just a texture of grass_green

Your sat map should be huge, my 40km map has a sat map which is 40960x40960! But the heightmap is 4096x4096. I think your maybe getting mixed up with your sizes...

Your sat map should be huge, my 40km map has a sat map which is 40960x40960! But the heightmap is 4096x4096. I think your maybe getting mixed up with your sizes...

yeah got it thanks